Wrath of the Demon, problem

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

derkomai
Atari User
Atari User

Wrath of the Demon, problem

Postby derkomai » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:21 pm

Hello! I have found "Wrath of the Demon" but all versions I have tryed make reset the game after the introduction whith the king, the st engine display "crash and burn- st reset"
i have try many tos, but...

please! please, help me!!!

derkomai
Atari User
Atari User

Postby derkomai » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:10 pm

all games i have don't work: 3 disks game got the second empty, and 5 disks game dosen't work... :cry:

Steem Authors
Steem Developer
Steem Developer

Postby Steem Authors » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:37 pm

Sorry this is so late. The version on Superior 58a and 58b works fine for me with the latest version of Steem, 1Mb with TOS 1.02 UK.

SofiST
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Wrath of the Demon, problem

Postby SofiST » Sat May 07, 2011 11:57 am

This is one of the games with nasty protections, checksums, appearing mostly in later game levels. Even from Pasti images I have crash on level 8 (scorpion) - and it is because of some checksum problem. I did not check all RAM sizes etc. What works is Illegal crack. By me Superior crack crashes even earlier. TOS version should not affect it - game works on its own.

Arnauld
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Wrath of the Demon, problem

Postby Arnauld » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:58 am

Yeah, it seems like Wrath of Demon is a tricky one. For what it's worth, there's also a fix for this game on the UNLK instruction at line 2634 of steem/code/cpu.cpp. (At least, one can suppose that the Steem authors got it working at some point.)

Social Media

Return to “Steem”