2006 update for steem

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

Sarek
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

2006 update for steem

Postby Sarek » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:29 pm

The Mouse Wheel
---------------
Russ, you once said that you wish you could think of a use for the mouse wheel. Well how about if the mouse wheel controls volume? And the MMB can toggle mute.

Please put volume slide options into the shortcuts list. But don't make it slide too fast/slow. My scroll wheel does 8 clicks if my finger rolls comfortably along on the wheel. I think this should correspond to around 1/6 of the length of the volume slider in the sound options frame, and make sure you keep it logarithmic :)

An alternative for our readers to try out is to define the forward roll to trap, backward roll to untrap the mouse. It can save reaching for the keys.

MEMORY SNAPSHOTS
----------------
I would very much like to see a CLA to save a memory snapshot, with a similar mode of operation to the save screenshot CLA.

eg, "C:\steem32\steem.exe SNAPSHOT=C:\steem32\takeone.sts"

Klapauzius
The Klaz
The Klaz

Re: 2006 update for steem

Postby Klapauzius » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:39 pm

Sarek wrote:The Mouse Wheel

And how about scrolling the the debug version's browser windows with the mouse wheel?
Would be something I would be very grateful for... ;-)

Cheers

Klaz
http://www.klapauzius.net
http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/klaz

The tears are welling in my eyes again, I need twenty big buckets to catch them in, twenty pretty girls to carry them down, twenty deep holes to bury them in.

MSueper
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MSueper » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:43 pm

Hello,
Sareks idea is good!
How about adding the entries volumn up/down to the shortcut menu.
Otherwise it would distroy already existing use of the wheel.
I have defined a shortcut für wheel up and wheel down as pressing ST-Key up and down. This comes an scrolling feature very close.
Greetings, Martin

nobogod
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: 2006 update for steem

Postby nobogod » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:44 pm

Sarek wrote:The Mouse Wheel

Or perform cursor_down or cursor_up like hiting the arrow keys. So if you are in an editor window you can have some kind of scrolling up and down.

nobogod
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby nobogod » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:46 pm

MSueper wrote:I have defined a shortcut für wheel up and wheel down as pressing ST-Key up and down. This comes an scrolling feature very close.

Same idea! But you were one minute faster than me!

EDIT: Damn, I didn't know that i can already have a shortcut using wheel up and down. :oops:

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:22 am

My MS intellimouse optical also has 2 side buttons which are by default used as back/forward in browser windows..
Anyway, when I try to use them in the STEEM shortcuts menu they are detected as LEFT and RIGHT, the same as the cursor keys, it would be handy if they could be picked up as unique inputs by steem as I could then use them for any number of things (save/load snapshot, slow speed etc etc).

I also have a Playstation 2 control pad with many buttons, and strangely all of the buttons are detected by the shortcut menu as "J1 button 1" etc (once direct input is enabled from the joystick menu), so why do my side mouse buttons show up as L /R and not as "mouse button 4 and 5" or something?

Social Media

Return to “Steem”