Steem 3.2.8 Multi Disk help

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

rattyjunk
Atarian
Atarian

Steem 3.2.8 Multi Disk help

Postby rattyjunk » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:38 pm

I'm a huge fan of the Atari St and I'm looking to emulate my collection. I'm using Steem SSE 3.2.8 and I'm running through a front end called Launchbox, which you guys may or may not be aware of. I've noticed that you have floppy drive A & B, so with two disk games is there anything I should be selecting or will the emulator automatically switch between disks?

I'm also a bit confused on how I would deal with games that have more than 2 disks, some games for instance have as many as 6 disks.

Any help would be most appreciated.... I'm very new to all this so sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Steem 3.2.8 Multi Disk help

Postby Steven Seagal » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:38 am

You mean 3.8.2? In that case there's a full manual inside.
I think before trying to use a frontend, you should familiarise yourself with the emulator and run some games. There's a disk manager or shortcuts that allow you to change disks when needed. Some games need specific options to run (like STF or STE).
It's possible to create custom ini files and use the command line (see GameBase).

Social Media

Return to “Steem”