Steem (debug) and Wine - Toolbar dissappears

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

wietze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Steem (debug) and Wine - Toolbar dissappears

Postby wietze » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:12 am

Ola hombres,

for quite some while I have been using Steem under wine under OSX. This works, and is wonderful. For best compatibility, I used to check the `never use DirectDraw'. Because, without directDraw, the upper `toolbar' int he Steem window draws correctly. And with DirectDraw enabled, it does not.

Steem with dd enabled:

Steem without dd enabled:

However, when running steem without directdraw on a high resolution will eventually rape the cpu, probably due all the pixelpushing that needs to be done. This forces me to enable directdraw and henceforth lose the correctly drawn toolbar.

I am wondering if anyone has solved this issue, and got Steem Debug to run under wine using DirectDraw and without losing the toolbar.

Regards,
Wietze

sitgestraveller
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Steem (debug) and Wine - Toolbar dissappears

Postby sitgestraveller » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:25 pm

Hi- did you ever manage to solve this problem. If you did, I would be MOST grateful if you could let me know how you'd it as I have the same issue!

Many thanks,

Mike.

Social Media

Return to “Steem”