Full screen mode in STeem

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Full screen mode in STeem

Postby unseenmenace » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:17 pm

No matter what I do fiddling around with settings in STeem, I simply cannot get it to go full screen. When I hit the Maximise button it just makes the window full screen sized (and stretches the picture horrendously since it's a widescreen monitor). Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted!
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,
Lynx 2 and Jaguar with JagCD
Member of GamebaseST and AtariLegend team
Check out my website at http://unseenmenace.110mb.com

unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Full screen mode in STeem

Postby unseenmenace » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:40 pm

I should probably add some details of what I'm running and what it's running on!

Steem 3.2 and Steem 3.4.1
Windows 7 64-bit with SP1
2 x AMD Radeon 6850's (latest drivers)
2 monitors

I tried disconnecting the secondary monitor but it made no difference
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:44 am

To get it unstretched need to do some settings in video card properties. Like keep aspect ratio. Can not say more concrete - all depends from used driver, catalyst v.
Famous Schrodinger's cat hypothetical experiment says that cat is dead or alive until we open box and see condition of poor animal, which deserved better logic. Cat is always in some certain state - regardless from is observer able or not to see what the state is.

MrMaddog
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MrMaddog » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:47 pm

It's been a while since I last used Steem, but I think you had to go into Keyboard Shortcuts screen and add in "Toggle Maximise Screen" with a keystroke (like say Alt-Enter). And don't forget to do the same to call up the menu bar when in full screen.

StickHead
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby StickHead » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:41 pm

unseenmenace wrote:No matter what I do fiddling around with settings in STeem, I simply cannot get it to go full screen. When I hit the Maximise button it just makes the window full screen sized (and stretches the picture horrendously since it's a widescreen monitor). Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted!

Have you tried letting Steem draw its full screen normally, but then altering your monitor's settings from its firmware menu (accessed using the buttons)? This is how I got my LG widescreen monitor to play ball. Luckily, it remembers individual settings for each resolution, so when using my desktop normally, it displays 1080p widescreen, but when it switches to the resolution that Steem uses, it knows to switch to 4:3.
The Joy of STicks - YouTube - Blog - Twitter - Facebook
New Developments and old inspirations in Atari ST gaming.

unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Postby unseenmenace » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:22 pm

The main problem isn't so much the stretching (I could just make the window narrower) but the fact it's not doing full screen at all i.e. not changing resolution or anything! I am somewhat miffed!
UNSEEN MENACE

unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Postby unseenmenace » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:29 pm

I did try setting up a keyboard shortcut for fullscreen but that didn't do anything either, no idea why :P

Thanks for the ideas so far though :)
UNSEEN MENACE

MrMaddog
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MrMaddog » Wed May 01, 2013 7:48 am

In "Fullscreen DIsplay", the Laptop option is the only one that fills the widescreen. Use the other options to get it to 4:3 ratio.

molofaha
Atariator
Atariator

Postby molofaha » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:31 am

I had this problem; it was because 'Never Use DirectDraw' was checked in Options / Startup. It turns itself on sometimes when there's a conflict with another running program, first popping up a dialog box that I always just clicked through and ignored.

unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Postby unseenmenace » Sun May 25, 2014 3:35 pm

Thanks very much molofaha, only just noticed your reply. That's exactly what had happened :P
UNSEEN MENACE

Social Media

Return to “Steem”