Tips for small improvements

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

Retrogamer_ST
Atari God
Atari God

Tips for small improvements

Postby Retrogamer_ST » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:39 pm

A tip for STeem and Hatari.

How about to add this feature? If it's possible.

As it is now, STeem opens a .zip file and runs it if it contains a .ST or .MSA image, that's good, but not if you have more then one disk in the .zip archive. Why not let STeem detect if it's more then one disk in a .zip archive and then open the .zip file instead? Then you can for exemple place both Disk A and Disk B in the same .zip archive and easily switch disk from inside the archive. That minimizes number of small files on your harddrive and eliminates the need to unpack them manually before you can run them in STeem. ZXSpin works that way, and you can place lots of Spectrum games in a single .zip file and run directly them from there in the emulator.

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tips for small improvements

Postby Dal » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:41 pm

An excellent idea. Both Steven Seagal and DrCoolZic are working on STeem at the moment. Maybe this can be picked up by one of them.
Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

Retrogamer_ST
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Retrogamer_ST » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:48 pm

It's a handy way to run the games and saves space. Then you can place lots of games in one single .zip archive and run them directly from there without loosing the ability to aboutstart single games from the .zip archive. ;)

Klapauzius
The Klaz
The Klaz

Postby Klapauzius » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:54 pm

Errm, Steem already has nice support for multiple disk images in one zip file. :wink:

In the Disk Manager window, right click on the zip file.
The images contained in the zip file will be listed in the context menu and can easily be inserted into the disk drive of your choice. :)
http://www.klapauzius.net
http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/klaz

The tears are welling in my eyes again, I need twenty big buckets to catch them in, twenty pretty girls to carry them down, twenty deep holes to bury them in.

Retrogamer_ST
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Retrogamer_ST » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Klapauzius wrote:Errm, Steem already has nice support for multiple disk images in one zip file. :wink:

In the Disk Manager window, right click on the zip file.
The images contained in the zip file will be listed in the context menu and can easily be inserted into the disk drive of your choice. :)

I missed that feature. Thank you. :)

Retrogamer_ST
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Retrogamer_ST » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:00 pm

That's more like it :)

I'm going to fix my whole collection this way, inside zip files.

Social Media

Return to “Steem”