Emulating a French Minitel server on Steem

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

Arnauld
Atarian
Atarian

Emulating a French Minitel server on Steem

Postby Arnauld » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Dear all,

I was trying to test my old "Minitel" server (that was running on my 520 STF many years ago) using Steem on Win7 and a real Minitel terminal. The Minitel is plugged to my laptop using a serial to USB converter. I know for sure that the link is working properly. I can exchange data in both directions using PuTTY in serial mode (1200 baud, 7 data bits, 1 stop bit, even parity). Now, if I configure the serial output of Steem to the same COM port (which happens to be COM8 on my machine), it seems like it's only working in the PC to Minitel direction. But I can't receive any data back from the Minitel.

So I was wondering if Steem serial implementation is really supposed to be bidirectional. I do have the Steem source code, but I've to admit I was too lazy to check. Or did anyone have the same problem with another serial emulation experiment?

Thanks for your feedback.

-- Arnauld

Social Media

Return to “Steem”