Joystick Configuration: No luck

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

spitfire_ch
Atarian
Atarian

Joystick Configuration: No luck

Postby spitfire_ch » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi,

I am relatively new to Steem and would like to use it for Pasti-Images, which can't be read by Hatari yet. Steem runs these images fine, but I can't get joystick emulation to work. By that, I mean I can't use the keyboard instead of a joystick. I tried every possible combination in the joystick configuration dialog, I even tried to unplug my mouse, but so far no luck whatsoever. It did work for a very short time, when everything was deactivated - but then it stopped working again, and could not reactivate it, since.

Am I simply being blind and not seeing the obvious setting, or is this a common issue with Steem? Could it be disturbed by modern Hardware, such as a Logitech G11 keyboard?

I have no problems with joystick emulations in other emulators, such as WinSTon, Hatari and Saint.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards
- spitfire

spitfire_ch
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Joystick Configuration: No luck

Postby spitfire_ch » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:37 pm

Problem solved - I don't know what it was. Probably, I really just did not test the only combination that would work (joystick in standard port 1) :)

Social Media

Return to “Steem”