Keyboard problems in Steem

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

galahad
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Keyboard problems in Steem

Postby galahad » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:05 pm

Trying to use Devpac 3.0 in Steem, tried using TOS 1.02 and 2.06 and nothing fixes the keyboad in Devpac.

Press keys Q, W, E, R, T, Y and I get weird characters instead, in fact lots of keys just don't do what they are supposed to.

If I want to use the ; character I get the letter s instead.

Any ideas?

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Keyboard problems in Steem

Postby christos » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:58 pm

Is it only done in Devpac or in any other software as well? If it's only there then get another copy of devpac. If you get it anywhere else make sure the keyboard settings match the TOS version and your pc's keyboard layout as well..

That's about it..

Edit: Also make sure you have nothing in your Auto folder. Some applications are known to cause problems with STEEM.

galahad

Re: Keyboard problems in Steem

Postby galahad » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:30 pm

christos wrote:Is it only done in Devpac or in any other software as well? If it's only there then get another copy of devpac. If you get it anywhere else make sure the keyboard settings match the TOS version and your pc's keyboard layout as well..

That's about it..

Edit: Also make sure you have nothing in your Auto folder. Some applications are known to cause problems with STEEM.

Cheers buddy, deleted the auto folder and it works as it should :)

Social Media

Return to “Steem”