Corrupt screenshots

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

toastie
Atarian
Atarian

Corrupt screenshots

Postby toastie » Wed May 13, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to get some screen captures of some of my old ST applications. I had no problem setting up the emulator of the hard drive images but when I take a screen capture it doesn't display properly. The screen looks completely normal is operation, just the capture output is odd. It's a dell laptop with a 1366 x 768 display.

The screen captures will only load in MS Paint, any other app says the files are corrupt. Any ideas?

Thanks.

StickHead
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Corrupt screenshots

Postby StickHead » Wed May 13, 2009 5:43 pm

That's weird. Are you using the windows or linux version?

A few things to try:

>Make sure you have the latest Steem (version 3.2 I believe)
>Try taking shots from different screen modes (full screen/windowed etc).
>Check the box for small screenshots. I can't remember what this option is called, but it takes screenies at the original resolution (ie 640x400 for ST high). You can always resize afterwards.
>Use an external capture program. Their are many freeware screen capture progs, so even if you can't sort Steem out you can still get screenies.
The Joy of STicks - YouTube - Blog - Twitter - Facebook
New Developments and old inspirations in Atari ST gaming.

toastie
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Corrupt screenshots

Postby toastie » Wed May 13, 2009 10:36 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I've managed to find a work around, the problem only happens when the monitor type is set to laptop. Having the monitor set to screen flip lets the screen capture work perfectly, the only drawback is that it doesn't stretch the image to the full screen. That's not much of an issue though.

:cheers:

Social Media

Return to “Steem”