Disks That Should Work

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

mlynn1974
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: Disks That Should Work

Postby mlynn1974 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:03 am

I tested Steem with TOS 1.0, 1Mb in STFM mode. Now I run with TOS 1.2, 1Mb, STFM and if something doesn't work on that then I try it on TOS 1.0. I see what you mean about SainT. Unfortunately I don't have a real TOS 1.0 machine to try it out.

I am using Steem version v3.2. Steem Debug version also does the same with Automation 97.
Still got, still working: Atari 4Mb STe, 520STFM, 2.5Mb STF.
Hardware: Cumana CSA 354, Ultimate Ripper, Blitz Turbo, Synchro Express II (US and UK Versions).

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:37 am

It might also be worth trying the latest Steem build:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/steemsse/
TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:34 pm

Diverse menu disks should be not some serious criteria in judging emulators. They were coded by amateurs, mostly beginners, especially early ones. It is normal that they will not work with some TOS versions, or with more RAM in machine.
We have just enough originals making problems with diverse emulators and TOS version, so I think that it should be what people focus in this thread. Or at least don't test menu disks, but disks with separated game cracks.
As time shows, there are still many things not perfectly emulated. Latest discovery was about inproper illegal instruction handle - case of Pole Position alpha and Hatari. But what is interesting is that actually in Steem 3.2 is more error in that.
There is way to stop global warming.

Social Media

Return to “Steem”