German keyboard all the time.??

A forum for anything about the Steem Engine STE emulator, comments, problems, bug reports etc. Steven Seagal regularly provides updated versions of the original STEem code. The current version is v3.9.4.

Moderators: Mug UK, Steem Authors, Moderator Team

Bikerbob
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

German keyboard all the time.??

Postby Bikerbob » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Hi all,

I have posted here a few times as I am learning to use STEEM. I now have the latest d3d version of SSE working on my windows XP PC.

The other day I was trying to use the Geneva NeoDesk combo, and was trying something when I noticed I was using a German keyboard..

Hmmm I went into setting.. Using a US TOS.. that is supposed to set the keyboard.. OK.. went to keyboard.. it said US.. tried UK.. I cannot get STEEM to change the keyboard away from German.

I use 2.06 I used 1.4 and 1.6 all US or UK and even the 2.06 superTOS.. all use the german keybaord.

I am out of ideas. I am sorry I am on here and cant figure these things out if there is a quick fix. Sorry.

James

Bikerbob
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: German keyboard all the time.??

Postby Bikerbob » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:29 am

crap, no one with an idea on this one eh? grrrr.. wish I could figure it out. I am using the system through a KVM and the keyboard is on a ps2 to usb converter (active) and it working fine on everything else.. also on the same computer when not running STEEM.. its just an issue in the steem window.

james

Bikerbob
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: German keyboard all the time.??

Postby Bikerbob » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:47 am

OK, seems like I am talking to myself, but just in case anyone else hits this one.. its XBOOT.. there is a version out there.. which I managed to get ahold of that is in english.. but somehow the program changes keyboard to german on boot. xboot 32E that has a .macOS folder is the one you want. that one is a REAL english version and does not change the keyboard..

James

Social Media

Return to “Steem”