Ok basically, i dont know how to work an Atari ST

Check out the Atari Forum Wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

China_crisis
Retro freak
Retro freak

Ok basically, i dont know how to work an Atari ST

Postby China_crisis » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:23 am

yeah basically thats it, i get it, and then im like WTF i dont know what im doing....i got it because it has synth stuff for it. I got Master Tracks Pro, but once i put it in, im like how do i work this beast?!

please someone give me help..

i dont know how to work This thing! 8O

bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby bullis1 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:41 pm

Well, it sounds like you have the program running, which is good.

Now here's the hard part: using the software. Midi sequencing software, on PC or ST, is complicated and takes practice. Have you used any music software like Cubase or anything before? I mean Mac or PC versions.

Anyway, if you think that Atari ST is all you need to make MIDI music, then you are sorely mistaken. You will need external sound modules, like a sampler, soundcanvas, synthesizer, or a PC with VST supporting software and MIDI ports. Also, you will want a MIDI instrument such as a keyboard. Then, you will be able to sequence music!

There is a cheaper way though. You can use a tracker. A tracker can make great music using the internal sound-chip of your ST, and it's free. However, it's not as flexible because of the limitations of the YM2149 (the ST's sound chip). Also, the interfaces are not very intuitive to people who are used to more traditional studio software. However, if you do decide to try the very technical art of tracking, I'll recommend MaxYMiser as your software.

Sorry for the long response, but your question was somewhat vague.

China_crisis
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby China_crisis » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:45 pm

yeah i guess it kinda was....well

this is what i got

Master Tracks Pro for ATARI ST

i have two synths

A Ensoniq ESQ-1 and a Casio POS (but has midi capabilites)

Problem is, when i put the floppy in, and i open the folder, do i just click on the application? cause when i do it just makes this buzzin noises and nothing comes up

daeghnao
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby daeghnao » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:32 pm

China_crisis wrote:yeah i guess it kinda was....well

this is what i got

Master Tracks Pro for ATARI ST

i have two synths

A Ensoniq ESQ-1 and a Casio POS (but has midi capabilites)

Problem is, when i put the floppy in, and i open the folder, do i just click on the application? cause when i do it just makes this buzzin noises and nothing comes up

Normally you would switch the computer on with the disk in the drive, for it to boot from.

If you get to the desktop, double-click (or click and then select File->Open) on the filing cabinet drawer icon for drive A, then locate the application (square icon, dotted region to the top - it's supposed to look like a miniature window) and run it with a double click or File->Open. The screen should clear to a blank desktop with the name of the application at the top while it loads.

What exactly is making the buzzing noises that you mentioned? The power supply? Disk drive? Monitor? TV?

China_crisis
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby China_crisis » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:11 am

ok, when i get home ill try what you said by putting the disk in first..but before when i just put it in after the start up, it just showed a blank green screen and buzzed and did nothing and went back to the previous screen

unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Postby unseenmenace » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:00 am

Sounds like either your floppy disk or drive may have problems. Do you have any other ST floppies (games or anything) that you can get to work?
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,
Lynx 2 and Jaguar with JagCD
Member of GamebaseST and AtariLegend team
Check out my website at http://unseenmenace.110mb.com

China_crisis
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby China_crisis » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 am

acculty it works perfectly

im just dum and dont know how to work this thing

but i did make a drum track on it, ill let everyone listen later to the song i create :P

Social Media

Return to “Wiki Discussions”