New Pasti.DLL, 0.2j

In this forum you'll find more information about the Pasti & VAPI Tools and the Preservation Project built around these tools. Come on in to find out more about it and discuss these projects.

Moderators: Mug UK, ijor, Moderator Team

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

New Pasti.DLL, 0.2j

Postby ijor » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:49 pm

Pasti DLL version 0.2j

A few fixes. It runs Albedo and the 4 Wheel Drive compilation version of Combo Racer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Re: New Pasti.DLL, 0.2j

Postby Steven Seagal » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:34 am

Thx dude!
It used to be a fantasy, even a joke, now it's reality.

It's uploaded here too:
http://ataristeven.exxoshost.co.uk/Other_downloads.htm

There's no more popup at startup, instead info is given in a new tab of the configuration box:
pasti_info.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby alexh » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:39 am

Thank you very much for your continued support to the scene. If you accept donations just ask. I'm sure I can find a few Euro.

Cogweasel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Cogweasel » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:13 am

Thank you very much! Just updated my STEEM :)

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:26 pm

Would be interesting to know what have been fixed in the DLL

Anybody can post SCP/KF/STX files for "Albedo and the 4 Wheel Drive compilation version of Combo Racer" ?
Brume do you have them ?

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby ijor » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:11 pm

alexh wrote:Thank you very much for your continued support to the scene. If you accept donations just ask. I'm sure I can find a few Euro.

Thanks Alex. No need for donations.

DrCoolZic wrote:Would be interesting to know what have been fixed in the DLL

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=8219

Anybody can post SCP/KF/STX files for "Albedo and the 4 Wheel Drive compilation version of Combo Racer" ?

Albedo is here: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=28003&hilit=Albedo

4 Wheel Drive is at Atarimania.

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:39 am

Thanks. Seems like Albedo is a problem in the DLL with no impact on stx file.
Did not found SCP/KF of 4 Wheel Drive is at Atarimania. Still be interested.

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Steven Seagal » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:30 am

DrCoolZic wrote:Did not found SCP/KF of 4 Wheel Drive is at Atarimania. Still be interested.

Atarimania doesn't host SCP/KF images AFAIK. There's no SCP or KF image of this compilation anyway, only STX.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:02 pm

ijor wrote:

See this thread: http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=8219

Albedo is here: http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.ph ... lit=Albedo

It's great that Pasti development continues. Would be even greater if there would be something like changelog supplied with dll file.

Situation with images - here I mean generally all Atari ST(E) related floppy images available online is just messy. It's case with all formats. And reason is that people has no enough knowledge about subject, what stays not only for total beginners. I will not repeat here what wrote multiple times about cracks (what is used a lot in Gamebase too).
Somehow it is easier to hold 4 versions of same floppy image instead only one - where know what is what, and how to achieve that it work on all configs (Tosec and those a, a1 etc "versions") .
Thanks to Brume we have some new images, even some from "most wanted" list. But it is sad to see that Giana floppy parameters are wrong at AM. Most common error is about how many sided floppy(es) is/are. Ahh, and talking about Giana - shots of it and Realm of the Trolls are swapped :D
OK, I'm done with my trolling :mrgreen:
There is way to stop global warming.

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:24 pm

AtariZoll wrote:
ijor wrote:

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=8219

Albedo is here: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=28003&hilit=Albedo

But it is sad to see that Giana floppy parameters are wrong at AM. Most common error is about how many sided floppy(es) is/are. Ahh, and talking about Giana - shots of it and Realm of the Trolls are swapped :D
OK, I'm done with my trolling :mrgreen:

It's because i don't have any sort of technical knowledge on this subject. I'm just a simple ST enthusiast, nothing more, nothing less. I have tried to figure out the number of sides depending on the filesize. I've fixed them as soon as possible when you have bugreported so thanks and keep going :)

Anyone who have a habit of enjoying tons of work, no pay and no free time please welcome aboard to help us :mrgreen:
-------------< Member of Atarimania >-----------
-< ST / STe / Falcon030 / TT030 archiver >-
-------------> www.atarimania.com <-------------

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:24 pm

Steven Seagal wrote:
DrCoolZic wrote:Did not found SCP/KF of 4 Wheel Drive is at Atarimania. Still be interested.

Atarimania doesn't host SCP/KF images AFAIK. There's no SCP or KF image of this compilation anyway, only STX.

Yes I know.
It would be great to have a site with all the SCP/KF images ... STX is great for emulation but useless for FD creation.

An other alternative would be to have IPF certified files that would be good for emulation/duplication.
As AtariZoll mention an important problem is the quality of images ...

Brume is pushing me to work on adding automatic conversion of SCP/KF to IPF in Aufit. This would be great because, if done correctly, this conversion would only be done on "certified" source and would therefore warranty a perfect image. But this is a lot of work and as you may have noticed I am currently not spending any time on Atari stuff :( ...

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby ijor » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:13 pm

DrCoolZic wrote:It would be great to have a site with all the SCP/KF images ... STX is great for emulation but useless for FD creation.
Brume is pushing me to work on adding automatic conversion of SCP/KF to IPF in Aufit. This would be great because, if done correctly, this conversion would only be done on "certified" source and would therefore warranty a perfect image. But this is a lot of work and as you may have noticed I am currently not spending any time on Atari stuff :( ...

This doesn't make much sense to me. There is no much relation between the image format and the verification. You can have verified ("certified") images in any format, including SCP/STX/KF. And you can have unverified, and even bad non-working images in any format as well, including IPF.

Writing back STX images is certainly possible, difficult, but possible.

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:29 pm

Yes you are right I did not explained very well. What you describe is perfectly correct: certification and format are independent.

My plan to produce IPF file in Aufit is to compare converted flux data against "certified master template". If a match is found then perfect flux data are recreated internally allowing to produce perfect IPF and perfect STX file (both do not contain flux info) but it would also allow to create perfect KF or SCP file (at flux level).

Social Media

Return to “Pasti & VAPI”