Coordination for/when making Pastis

In this forum you'll find more information about the Pasti & VAPI Tools and the Preservation Project built around these tools. Come on in to find out more about it and discuss these projects.

Moderators: Mug UK, ijor, Moderator Team

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Coordination for/when making Pastis

Postby Mug UK » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:27 am

This was on our list of stuff for AL to translate after Black Sect was done. But as AL are in a deep coma/hibernation at present, it's over to others who want to have a go. Happy to lend a hand with the English side of things as I did on Black Sect.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Mug UK wrote:This was on our list of stuff for AL to translate after Black Sect was done. But as AL are in a deep coma/hibernation at present, it's over to others who want to have a go. Happy to lend a hand with the English side of things as I did on Black Sect.

Time to finish few old stuffs I've done & will open another post for the job. :coffe:

:cheers: for you help MuG :D .

:arrow: And why not doing it as an AL release ?

MuG : "I suppose AL is only in hibernation & the site can always be updated ? "

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:14 pm

Sounds like a good plan :) This game really looks promising.
-------------< Member of Atarimania >-----------
-< ST / STe / Falcon030 / TT030 archiver >-
-------------> www.atarimania.com <-------------

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:29 am

I wanted a moment ago translate also the amiga version, i have the right english level to translate it from french :D

So maartau, i can process the sentences if you can hack them and reinsert them in the game code ^^ !
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:21 pm

dlfrsilver wrote:I wanted a moment ago translate also the amiga version, i have the right english level to translate it from french :D

So maartau, i can process the sentences if you can hack them and reinsert them in the game code ^^ !

I started yesterday in reversing the intro ... I'll send you the *.S for each execs 8) . The disassembed parts are messy & I must reformat all the texts entry in there... Let me few time & I'll do :angel: . Anyway, I confirm the English version will see light :D

:cheers: for your help Dlfrsilver ! 8)

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:12 pm

Thanks Maartau :D i will translate as soon as i get them ;)
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

snoopy
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby snoopy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Looking forward to playing it, guys. :-)
Snoopy aka Roloway

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:18 am

Ok Snoopy :D

@Maartau : I have the whole game walkthrough, that i have tested myself on my amiga (both version are the same).

and also nice thing since i own the game in original boxed and all :D, so i will even provided the manual translated too :)

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:34 pm

dlfrsilver wrote:Ok Snoopy :D

@Maartau : I have the whole game walkthrough, that i have tested myself on my amiga (both version are the same).

and also nice thing since i own the game in original boxed and all :D, so i will even provided the manual translated too :)

I'll have free time to continue in the next days :angel: .

@ Dlfrsilver & Marakatti : expect for an "uncracked" version (password function still enabled) + a fully cracked one :angel: .

"Work In Progress mates ! :mrgreen: "

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Excellent news :) :) Keep up the good work :cheers:

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Marakatti wrote:Excellent news :) :) Keep up the good work :cheers:

Yep, that game worth playing more than 5mn & I also support Dlfsilver for an aMiGa support/portage - If I'm too slow @ producing : don't hesitate to contact me :D .

"Coding mood rules :angel: "...

advfan
Atari User
Atari User

Postby advfan » Sat May 01, 2010 11:00 am

Hi,
just a quick message to let everyone know that marakatti has posted some new pastis on Atarimania and that everyone is welcome to download them.
Among those you wil find Beast Lord, Greg Norman's Ultimate Golf, Tower of Babel and a game that I think was previously not dumped in any form, Wetten dass, which is mono only.
There are still a couple of games coming, but you will have to wait until marakatti has some free time. :)

Jake/Depression
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Jake/Depression » Sat May 01, 2010 10:08 pm

I send tonight pastis for disks Enterprise, Frostbyte, Prince (St series leisure), Hard Drivin´II and Out Run Europa.

They not are tested, only quickly made. (Prince not are so quickly than others...)

Mayby someone can tests them and inform if they work or not?

Edit: If something is wrong, i may try made it again, because there is something bad in my transfer disk and i changed it later.

Edit 2: I try made Hard drivin´II using 2 different disks. Everything is ok when read disk in St, but when i put transferdisk in Pc drive it is not read it ok (it not read it like normally) and then program say error. (It is not because disk, because i try using other disk too.)
-soimaamme toinen toista ja unohdamme tulta kohentaa-

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Sun May 02, 2010 9:11 am

Jake/Depression wrote:I send tonight pastis for disks Enterprise, Frostbyte, Prince (St series leisure), Hard Drivin´II and Out Run Europa.

They not are tested, only quickly made. (Prince not are so quickly than others...)

Mayby someone can tests them and inform if they work or not?

Enterprise: Loads fine but has a password protection and lack of manual prevents further testing.
Frostbyte: Loads and plays fine
Prince (St series leisure): Loads and plays fine
Out Run Europa: Loads and plays fine, used a cheatcode from HOL to load all the levels and end the sequence from both disks.

Big thanks again Jake :cheers:

snoopy

Postby snoopy » Sun May 02, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi everyone,
if we are already talking about new dumps...

I uploaded 16 Powerpack 4 pastis to the FTP... Those were really nasty and cost me a lot of nerves.
I would have liked to upload all of the pp4 disks at once but out of the remaining 11 disks 1 only shows garbage in GEM (North and South) and 10 won't get imaged in Pasti transfer mode stopping at track 79 "too many weak sectors". See my thread in the pasti forum. (viewtopic.php?f=47&t=19069)
I was told this could be a copy protection mechanism. I have no HD atm, so I cannot use verbose mode.
Anyways, because of that I have to postpone imaging the rest of the disks. But here's what I could manage to dump.
Please test them. Enjoy.
Snoopy aka Roloway

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Sun May 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Big thanks, we appreciate your work very very much :) It's great to have someone with nerves of steel supporting us!

I'll take a look at them soon

Jake/Depression
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Jake/Depression » Sun May 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Vindicators (2 disks) and Astro Marine Corps (2 disks) coming...

Is there any idea made Loom pasti, because original is only pasword protection and harddrive compatible?
I can made it, but is it any idea? I can made msa version too.

Jake/Depression
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Jake/Depression » Sun May 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Oh, i pastified Loom anyway. (Disk 1 is ready, but xfer broblems in my transfer disks when trying made disk 2.)

I try Hard Drivin´ II too again, because i thing both disks what i using are old hd-disks what are made dd-disks and they not are very good when save data many times for them. Or it is mayby my not so good Pc diskdrive. (But this is another time, because i need now go, mayby after next 2 weeks.)

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Sun May 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Jake/Depression wrote:Vindicators (2 disks) and Astro Marine Corps (2 disks) coming...

Is there any idea made Loom pasti, because original is only pasword protection and harddrive compatible?
I can made it, but is it any idea? I can made msa version too.

Yess !!!! I was waiting for so long for the Astro Marine Corps Pasi :D !!!!

Thank you !!!!

Jake/Depression
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Jake/Depression » Mon May 03, 2010 10:45 pm

dlfrsilver wrote:Yess !!!! I was waiting for so long for the Astro Marine Corps Pasi :D !!!!

Thank you !!!!

I hope it works, because i don't found time put pasti compatible plug in emulator and test it...

I cannot see list now, but if i remember it right Mindshadow is in list. This game is in UK Ebay and no bits yet. (I cannot pay things in this month, but mayby someone else is interested.)

advfan
Atari User
Atari User

Postby advfan » Tue May 04, 2010 12:02 am

Jake/Depression wrote:
dlfrsilver wrote:Yess !!!! I was waiting for so long for the Astro Marine Corps Pasi :D !!!!

Thank you !!!!

I hope it works, because i don't found time put pasti compatible plug in emulator and test it...

I cannot see list now, but if i remember it right Mindshadow is in list. This game is in UK Ebay and no bits yet. (I cannot pay things in this month, but mayby someone else is interested.)

We already have Mindshadow at Atarimania. No need to buy that one unless someone is interested for personal use or collection. Will post the updated list tomorrow.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Tue May 04, 2010 11:38 am

I've also already got an original of Mindshadow but as it's already been PASTId, that's one I can put into the 'For Sale' section when I get around to dumping the majority of my collection :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

snoopy

Postby snoopy » Tue May 04, 2010 2:06 pm

@muguk: Do you have the box, disks and manual of Mindshadow? They are missing from the entry on Atarimania; it'd be great if you find the time to scan them.
Snoopy aka Roloway

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Tue May 04, 2010 5:23 pm

snoopy wrote:@muguk: Do you have the box, disks and manual of Mindshadow? They are missing from the entry on Atarimania; it'd be great if you find the time to scan them.

Yes, it's all complete. Will move that game onto the 'must scan at all costs first' pile :)

atarimania
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby atarimania » Tue May 04, 2010 8:18 pm

Mug UK wrote:Will move that game onto the 'must scan at all costs first' pile :)

Social Media

Return to “Pasti & VAPI”