Coordination for/when making Pastis

In this forum you'll find more information about the Pasti & VAPI Tools and the Preservation Project built around these tools. Come on in to find out more about it and discuss these projects.

Moderators: Mug UK, ijor, Moderator Team

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Coordination for/when making Pastis

Postby Marakatti » Tue May 11, 2010 5:06 am

Maartau wrote:Anyway, keep up the good work : each day I pass to aTaRiMaNiA I'm feeling in great mood :D .

Thanxx, makes us happy to share the memories of the past :)

Just a question : we have some originals *.MSA certified cleaned (Yes, I check every sectors & files when I get a disk).

:arrow: "Are you interested in converting them or you prefer having AN original floppy?"

Well, anything that is 100% working and not modified (saved hiscores is an exception) is good for us. Even if we prefer having games in pasti-format we have lots of ST or MSA images too so this is no problem. Keep them coming when you have time :)

:!: Ah I forget !!! I want at least 50 PASTi released per days... :lol: ... (Joke, joke 8) ). :!:

Yeah, that should really be absolute minimum per day :mrgreen: :lol:
-------------< Member of Atarimania >-----------
-< ST / STe / Falcon030 / TT030 archiver >-
-------------> www.atarimania.com <-------------

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Tue May 11, 2010 5:57 am

@ Marakatti : I've looked threw the games requests section yesterday & found few STX :) . I'll compare them we the ones you already had...

"it's also Summer cleanning on my messy HD, maybe some rare STX ? Let's you keep you informed :D ".

Have a nice day,

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Tue May 11, 2010 6:19 am

Jake wrote:What are the missing bits for The Black Caultron? Manual and box scans?
(I have original. i can scan other bits, but there is one picture what is too big in my scanner.)

I have it boxed but the box is in very bad condition :( So it would be nice to have the box scan :)

Jake wrote:Is Chaos Strikes back english manual needet? (I can scan it.)

Yes please!

Jake wrote:Degas Elite (Batteries included), Microsoft Write (program disk), Gdos (distribution disk), Gdos fonts and driver (for Star Micronics NB15) and Gdos Fonts and driver (for Epson FX-80) are very soon in pasti folder...

Thanks!

Jake wrote:Powerpack english "cards" are now scanned and in ftp.

Big thanks!

Jake wrote:I made just Hard drivin´II and Loom. I send them now in pasti folder.
(Not tested. Someone can tell if they work...)

Very big thanks!

Maartau wrote:@ Marakatti : I've looked threw the games requests section yesterday & found few STX :) . I'll compare them we the ones you already had... "it's also Summer cleanning on my messy HD, maybe some rare STX ? Let's you keep you informed :D ".

Thanks once again. It's like a normal big cleaning, you always find something precious that you thought was lost forever. Let's hope something nice pops up :)

Advfan: Great work with the list, where would we be without your hard and precise work :cheers:

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Tue May 11, 2010 1:20 pm

Maartau wrote:
dlfrsilver wrote:...... what about the shortgrey in englishh ? :lol:

Started & will send you the *.S as promised this week :angel: .

I'm not @ home for holidays (more than two weeks) ("I took my exertnal HD of ST stuffs & started to clean all the messy started/unfinished projects) .

P.s; I also saw you posted a thread concerning TSG. (Months ago already).

:arrow: "As all execs are Reasy-Rided, I had to reput sentences in the good sense (on the same lines). Or I can send you the "bruts" *.S if you want to do it ".
Let me know 8) .

But no troubles, the job will be done anyway 8) !

"That's just I'm lazy lazy ATM :oops: :oops: ."

Send the bruts *.s i will then put back in english the sentences :)
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Tue May 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi Maartau, please send me the files where the sentences appears in clear, because don't know how to find them in the code :(
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

advfan
Atari User
Atari User

Postby advfan » Tue May 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm going to look at Ebay (USA, UK and Germany) for new games to buy.

Obviously I won't buy the ones that Franck already has, but I would like to know what happened at the end with the ones from MUG UK. Did you sell them already? Did you manage to do some more Pastis? Just to avoid buying repeated stuff.

Titles that weren't on either list are going to be my priorities.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Wed May 12, 2010 11:37 am

advfan wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm going to look at Ebay (USA, UK and Germany) for new games to buy.

Obviously I won't buy the ones that Franck already has, but I would like to know what happened at the end with the ones from MUG UK. Did you sell them already? Did you manage to do some more Pastis? Just to avoid buying repeated stuff.

Titles that weren't on either list are going to be my priorities.

They are being picked up this Friday all being well, so short of the 36 or so that I've been asked to put to one side, they'll all go on eBay as soon as The Attic Bug get working on them.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

advfan
Atari User
Atari User

Postby advfan » Wed May 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Mug UK wrote:

They are being picked up this Friday all being well, so short of the 36 or so that I've been asked to put to one side, they'll all go on eBay as soon as The Attic Bug get working on them.

Thanks for your reply.

Of course, only if you have time or are not too busy, could you make a list with those 30 something titles. That would be of great help when buying new stuff. Thank you.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Wed May 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Advfan: Talk to Atarimania as he's the one that's requested I keep these ones to one side :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

snoopy
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby snoopy » Wed May 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Would it be possible to dump/scan some of the games you are about to sell on Friday?
Snoopy aka Roloway

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Wed May 12, 2010 7:18 pm

snoopy wrote:Would it be possible to dump/scan some of the games you are about to sell on Friday?

I can do a few tonight and tomorrow night but that's about it. Sorry it's such short notice but they were due to be picked up in April as Attic Bug were coming down for my birthday meal and taking away a chunk of them then.

snoopy

Postby snoopy » Wed May 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Very good, looking forward to what you can manage to dump/scan. :cheers:
Snoopy aka Roloway

snoopy

Postby snoopy » Sat May 15, 2010 11:30 pm

About MugUk's games:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=19236
@muguk: How can we contact Attic Bug for scans?
@rest: Is there a list for needed scans? Maybe we could just send them a request. Is it necessary at all ?
Snoopy aka Roloway

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Sun May 16, 2010 6:15 am

snoopy wrote:@rest: Is there a list for needed scans? Maybe we could just send them a request. Is it necessary at all ?

The gameslist from Franck and me can be also used for this purpose. Franck's stuff is 99% CIB and on my list there's a mention when I only have the disks.

Jake/Depression
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Jake/Depression » Sat May 22, 2010 8:43 pm

This little Chaos Strikes Back book (English) is now in ftp.
-soimaamme toinen toista ja unohdamme tulta kohentaa-

Jake/Depression
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Jake/Depression » Sat May 22, 2010 11:41 pm

And Black Caultron box scans are now in.
(I hope this price sticker not are too bad thing?)

(Ja takakannen alareunassa on pienoinen halkeama.)
-soimaamme toinen toista ja unohdamme tulta kohentaa-

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Sun May 23, 2010 5:47 am

Thanks again :) I'll take a look at them soon.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sun May 23, 2010 7:47 am

snoopy wrote:About MugUk's games:
http://atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=19236
@muguk: How can we contact Attic Bug for scans?
@rest: Is there a list for needed scans? Maybe we could just send them a request. Is it necessary at all ?

Attic Bug have set up an account on here so that's part of the reason for bringing them onto here so that *any* box that a scan is needed of, can be asked via them on here. This is not just for the stuff they're selling that's mine but for anything and everything they sell. They recently took delivery of a large box of Amiga games and scanned in the boxes for Lemon Amiga (I think) as that was part of the deal.

snoopy

Postby snoopy » Sun May 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Oh, I see, so this is real. Great. It sounded too far off to me that someone from here should write an email to an internet vendor he doesn't know and beg for scans of boxes and manuals (hence I was a bit annoyed).
If they are part of the community here and offer this as part of the deal with the seller, it's a completely different story and very very welcome. :-D
Do they also dump?
Snoopy aka Roloway

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Don't think, other than a few consoles (Anna's favourite being a Megadrive and a PS2 from memory), that they own any Atari machines. They sell games for tons of systems and a lot of it is still shrink-wrapped, so, unlike me, they won't unwrap a sealed item to scan it in.

snoopy

Postby snoopy » Sun May 23, 2010 12:29 pm

That's understandable. Of course they won't unwrap a collector's item if they still wanna sell it. :-D
I was talking about the open boxes. But if they don't have an Atari or PC with internal floppy drive the question of dumping needed games is already answered.
Snoopy aka Roloway

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sun May 23, 2010 2:32 pm

snoopy wrote:That's understandable. Of course they won't unwrap a collector's item if they still wanna sell it. :-D

Yep, they run a business after all :)

snoopy wrote:I was talking about the open boxes. But if they don't have an Atari or PC with internal floppy drive the question of dumping needed games is already answered.

They have a PC but it's for all their eBay trading and I doubt whether they'd have an ST and h/drive knocking about just for doing PASTI images on.

snoopy

Postby snoopy » Mon May 24, 2010 1:50 pm

uff, the scanner surely put a lot of work into that one...
http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st ... 21654.html
Snoopy aka Roloway

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Mon May 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Anna has started to list some of the 'big box' items on the GameGavel site to give that a try - http://www.gamegavel.co.uk/display.cgi? ... 0&search=1

snoopy

Postby snoopy » Mon May 24, 2010 7:02 pm

Is she going to scan in the needed stuff? Is that already handled?
Snoopy aka Roloway

Social Media

Return to “Pasti & VAPI”