Coordination for/when making Pastis

In this forum you'll find more information about the Pasti & VAPI Tools and the Preservation Project built around these tools. Come on in to find out more about it and discuss these projects.

Moderators: Mug UK, ijor, Moderator Team

snoopy
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: Coordination for/when making Pastis

Postby snoopy » Wed May 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Great. Thanks.
Snoopy aka Roloway

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Thu May 06, 2010 2:50 am

:arrow: I haven't disassembled more than the intro for "The Short Grey" since my last post :oops: .
Dlfrsilver : I don't forget at all what promised too :angel: .

:cheers:
Member of :
- aTaRi LeGeNd ,
- eLiTe ! ,
- NoExTrA .

Don't hesitate to visit http://www.atarimania.com/ & http://www.atarilegend.com/ :D

-> Slowed due to serious health troubles <-

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Thu May 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Do you want me to translate the introduction ? This will be a start :mrgreen:
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

Jake/Depression
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Jake/Depression » Thu May 06, 2010 9:50 pm

Is someone yet tested Vindicators and A.M.C if they works? (I can made scans too for these if needet.)
Is someone digidiset Loom audiocassette?
-soimaamme toinen toista ja unohdamme tulta kohentaa-

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri May 07, 2010 11:41 am

The Attic Bug (a big eBay dealer) are visiting one day between now and next Saturday to take away the first batch of anywhere between 200 and 400 original games to sell on my behalf. Are there any on my list - latest copy of my list is attached - that Atarimania / anyone else are desperate for me not to hand over in the first batch?

I know about Mindshadow - that will be kept to one side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Fri May 07, 2010 12:33 pm

Jake/Depression wrote:Is someone yet tested Vindicators and A.M.C if they works? (I can made scans too for these if needet.)
Is someone digidiset Loom audiocassette?

AMC works nicely, i have tested it :D It works nicely ;)
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

snoopy

Postby snoopy » Fri May 07, 2010 3:32 pm

@muguk: Wow, that's a lot of stuff. I hope you DO get a good price for selling this collection. It must've cost a lot of dedication to collect all of this stuff.
Regarding comparing to the Atarimania database. It's a lot of stuff and not that much time. I can start to compare them to what's online. I hope many others will do so, too. But maybe someone with access to all the resources of the project could check in a more economic manner ;-). A huge thanks for offering.
Starting to check from the last entry since I figure that most people will do it from the first one ;-):

Letter Z:
Z-Out is missing everything (pasti,box,manual);
Zynaps (pasti, manual);
Zone Warrior; missing pasti, disksscan, box, manual ------> already preserved by you, not on atarimania; it would be great if you uploaded it on the ftp;
Zork 1-3 by Mastertronic are not pastied (1 and 3 only have *.st dumps; Zork 2 isn't done at all); Manuals and Scans are missing;
Zool is missing everything (pasti, disks, manual, box);
Zany Golf; missing pasti,box, disks, manual

Edit: Wow, from what I've seen so far, a lot of this stuff is rare and missing. Is there any chance to postpone selling it off? Or do you have some time to spare to at least dump some of this stuff before selling them this week (also scanning the boxes/disks would be awesome)? It would save many people countless hours of ebay search.
Maybe someone else over at Aarimania also got some of this stuff in his possession?
Snoopy aka Roloway

atarimania
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby atarimania » Fri May 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi,

Very nice list, I attached my list of orginals, I'm going to check your list as I think that I could be interesting in some of them ;)

Franck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri May 07, 2010 5:41 pm

As of next Friday Attic Bug will be taking as much as they possibly can fit into their van as they're popping to Liverpool to see a mate of theirs and calling at mine on the way back.

I'm not giving it all up. Some titles are special for me and will be kept. But a lot were bought and should have just been scanned and sold on again .. instead the collection grew and grew ...

I near enough bankrupted myself buying a lot of this stuff :) But a lot were also donated by people, so although I'll get back nowhere near what I paid for the ones I have bought, it'll go towards making room for all my other retro machines that I haven't got the time to play with :) Will be nice to have a semi-empty room with a couple of computer desks and my Spectrum, C64, Jaguar, Sega Saturn etc. all set-up ready for me to actually use.

I haven't got the time to sit here and scan it, upload it to eBay and do all the selling. Whereas Attic Bug it's a full time job. I can, however, ask them to scan in the manuals that I don't have time to do. That way all I've got to do is have a couple of nights doing PASTI after PASTI image.

I'll go through all the scans that I have done in the past and post up a list of the ones I can find. I think that I might have lost some on a knackered drive I had last year .. just hoping they were backed up elsewhere too :(
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

advfan
Atari User
Atari User

Postby advfan » Fri May 07, 2010 5:50 pm

I'm cross checking with the list that I did. Right now I'm up to letter M. I will try to finish later but still today. There's a lot of stuff needed by Atarimania, but there is also a lot of stuff that you can sell.
Although, I'm only looking at the Pasti file per se and not at the extra stuff like scans, boxes, etc.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri May 07, 2010 7:05 pm

OK send me a list via PM and I'll do my best to get the 'not needed' sorted out and packed into boxes ready first. Gives me a bit more time to sort through the others.

I've found a big folder full of old manual scans that I sent - or are still queued up - to Replacement Docs. I'll dig out the FTP details for AtariMania and get them uploaded over the weekend at some point.

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Fri May 07, 2010 7:28 pm

I own X-out and Z-out on atari ST in original box, so don't worry ;)

About Z-out i'm sorry but i have posted in the forum my pasti dump of it.

advfan
Atari User
Atari User

Postby advfan » Fri May 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Finished revising Mug UK's impressive list. Below is the list of stuff that Atarimania doesn't have. Obviously it's still too many titles for one person to preserve. The ones marked XXXXX are the ones I would be most interested in preserving.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri May 07, 2010 9:38 pm

I think some of the XXXX ones are already preserved. Need to do a catalogue of my PASTI folder and double-check.

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Sat May 08, 2010 4:55 pm

I dumped gauntlet 3 as Pasti. You can remove it from your list.

snoopy

Postby snoopy » Sat May 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Wow, one day without PC and a lot of good news. :cheers:
@Muguk: It'd be really great if they did the scanning of the manuals . I'm looking forward to what you can manage to pasti in the remaining days (If I had the money, I'd send a group of cheerleaders to your house to cheer you on :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: ;-) ).

P.S.: My personal XXXXX games would be ;-) : Joust, Ranarama, Elvira, Warships (A2 box?, cool), Silkworm.
Snoopy aka Roloway

advfan
Atari User
Atari User

Postby advfan » Sat May 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Ok. Forget the list that I sent yesterday. I spent the day today deleting the titles that Atarimania has already as Pastis and after that I deleted the titles that Franck has, to further reduce the amount. What remains are titles that Atarimania or its members don't have and therefore are the ones where Pastis would be preferred. It's still 208 titles. 8O

I marked in red titles where I have some questions or a certain version is sought after.
And I marked with XXXXX the top ten I would be most interested in having preserved.

snoopy

Postby snoopy » Sat May 08, 2010 8:44 pm

If we just all could drop by his house and get this done in 1 day/night (not living in the same country is making this difficult, of course)... beers, food, and swapping disks. getting these titles would be a giant step forward.
Snoopy aka Roloway

Jake/Depression
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Jake/Depression » Sat May 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Powerpack english "cards" are now scanned and in ftp.

I made just Hard drivin´II and Loom. I send them now in pasti folder.
(Not tested. Someone can tell if they work...)

(Anyone who made pastis: It best if used DD-disks. No HD what is made DD. Because sometimes goming errors in transferdisks when disk is full and pc try read it.)

Edit:

Advfan: You can now delete Hard drivin´ II - Domark (Tengen) for your list because it is now full. I have original and no any manual goming in this game box.

EDIT 2: I see box and disk scans are already in Atarimania so i don´t send it another time :P

Jake/Depression
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Jake/Depression » Sat May 08, 2010 11:55 pm

Is Chaos Strikes back english manual needet? (I can scan it.)

Degas Elite (Batteries included), Microsoft Write (program disk), Gdos (distribution disk), Gdos fonts and driver (for Star Micronics NB15) and Gdos Fonts and driver (for Epson FX-80) are very soon in pasti folder...

Jake/Depression
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Jake/Depression » Sun May 09, 2010 12:40 am

What are the missing bits for The Black Caultron? Manual and box scans?
(I have original. i can scan other bits, but there is one picture what is too big in my scanner.)

snoopy

Postby snoopy » Sun May 09, 2010 12:46 am

@jake: Just had a look at the Powerpack manual cards. Thanks for filling my request from another thread. Now we've got the English manual cards and most of the German manual cards. Maybe there are more languages (there must be French for sure, maybe Finnish?)?
About too big pictures: Scan it in parts (for stitching it together in photoshop later) or take a good (high res, good lighting etc.) digital photo. Of course scanning is better.
Snoopy aka Roloway

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Mon May 10, 2010 10:12 pm

...... what about the shortgrey in englishh ? :lol:

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Mon May 10, 2010 10:56 pm

dlfrsilver wrote:...... what about the shortgrey in englishh ? :lol:

Started & will send you the *.S as promised this week :angel: .

I'm not @ home for holidays (more than two weeks) ("I took my exertnal HD of ST stuffs & started to clean all the messy started/unfinished projects) .

P.s; I also saw you posted a thread concerning TSG. (Months ago already).

:arrow: "As all execs are Reasy-Rided, I had to reput sentences in the good sense (on the same lines). Or I can send you the "bruts" *.S if you want to do it ".
Let me know 8) .

But no troubles, the job will be done anyway 8) !

"That's just I'm lazy lazy ATM :oops: :oops: ."
Member of :
- aTaRi LeGeNd ,
- eLiTe ! ,
- NoExTrA .

Don't hesitate to visit http://www.atarimania.com/ & http://www.atarilegend.com/ :D

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Tue May 11, 2010 1:34 am

@Dlfrsilver ; I precise my web connection is very very slow there, it will probably takes age to send the whole :(

"A game of patience" in few words :coffe: .
Member of :
- aTaRi LeGeNd ,
- eLiTe ! ,
- NoExTrA .

Social Media

Return to “Pasti & VAPI”