Pasti and Hatari

In this forum you'll find more information about the Pasti & VAPI Tools and the Preservation Project built around these tools. Come on in to find out more about it and discuss these projects.

Moderators: Mug UK, ijor, Moderator Team

LaurentS
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Pasti and Hatari

Postby LaurentS » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:13 am

Hello,

I know this request has been asked many times, but do you plane to port Pasti as an open source library to allow it's use under Hatari?

It would be nice to be able to read Pasti's disks under hatari too.
At least, if the problem is a leak of time, maybe somebody esle could help converting the source ?

Best regards,

Laurent
Hatari developper.

snoopy
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: Pasti and Hatari

Postby snoopy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:52 am

Congrats on this great emulator. Yes, it would be really nice if it could read pasti images. Maybe as a plugin under a different license than the rest of the emulator? (since it's still closed source, if I'm not wrong)
Snoopy aka Roloway

simonsunnyboy

Postby simonsunnyboy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:46 pm

The guys from the HxC floppy emulator seem to have reverse engineered parts of the PASTI specs.
Maybe it's possible to use their knowledge?
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/ - STOT: http://www.npoi.de/stot/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

Jabber: simonsunnyboy@atari-jabber.org

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:15 pm

simonsunnyboy wrote:The guys from the HxC floppy emulator seem to have reverse engineered parts of the PASTI specs.

Very partial reverse engineering from talking to them!
If I remember well Ijor has been talking about making Pasti public someday ... ? :) :(

npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Postby npomarede » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:34 pm

DrCoolZic wrote:
simonsunnyboy wrote:The guys from the HxC floppy emulator seem to have reverse engineered parts of the PASTI specs.

If I remember well Ijor has been talking about making Pasti public someday ... ? :) :(

From what I read in the HxC sources some months ago and talking with its french developper, I had the feeling support was quite good and the HxC was able of using all pasti files. But I haven't tried it myself on real hardware.

Ijor, in case you read this, perhaps you could publish the .h file that goes with the pasti.dll ?
I think that with the header file and the HxC code I could make it work under Hatari.

Nicolas

simonsunnyboy

Postby simonsunnyboy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Good IDea! With this, support could be added to link an official PASTI lib later....
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/ - STOT: http://www.npoi.de/stot/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

Jabber: simonsunnyboy@atari-jabber.org

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:47 pm

npomarede wrote:
DrCoolZic wrote:

From what I read in the HxC sources some months ago and talking with its french developper, I had the feeling support was quite good and the HxC was able of using all pasti files. But I haven't tried it myself on real hardware.

Ijor, in case you read this, perhaps you could publish the .h file that goes with the pasti.dll ?
I think that with the header file and the HxC code I could make it work under Hatari.

Nicolas

Yes this would be great :) My information is about one year old they may have more info now

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby ijor » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:22 pm

npomarede wrote:Ijor, in case you read this, perhaps you could publish the .h file that goes with the pasti.dll ?

Hi Nicolas,

I'm currently out of home for a few days. I promise I will take care of Hatari-Pasti one way or the other.

npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Postby npomarede » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:32 pm

ijor wrote:
npomarede wrote:Ijor, in case you read this, perhaps you could publish the .h file that goes with the pasti.dll ?

Hi Nicolas,

I'm currently out of home for a few days. I promise I will take care of Hatari-Pasti one way or the other.

Hello Ijor, no problem with that, I myself have an ever growing todo list and understand it's not always possible to devote lot of time to atari on a regular basis. But any help with Pasti will of course be greatly appreciated.

Nicolas

LaurentS
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby LaurentS » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Hello,

I'm sorry to insist, but this thread has no answear since a few months.
It would be really nice to have Pasti under hatari.

I Hope and wish you still plan to help us on this ;)

Best regards

Laurent

LaurentS
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby LaurentS » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi Ijor,

I try an upload of this thread, in case of you could give us good news :)

Regards

Laurent

Social Media

Return to “Pasti & VAPI”