I just got a Discovery Cart! Now, what can I do with it?

In this forum you'll find more information about the Pasti & VAPI Tools and the Preservation Project built around these tools. Come on in to find out more about it and discuss these projects.

Moderators: Mug UK, ijor, Moderator Team

STcomp
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

I just got a Discovery Cart! Now, what can I do with it?

Postby STcomp » Fri May 02, 2008 1:02 am

What software do I need to re-write Pasti images to real disks? Also, does anyone have any advice that might be useful to me as far as trying to back up my 400+ original game disk collection? Is it true that the Discovery cart will back up ANY disk?! Or does the Discovery Cart simply have a higher percentage of original disks that it will copy? I still have to wait for the cart to arrive in the mail, which should be within the week. It looks like it is the more complex of the two versions, with switches and a port on the front. Thanks for any advice anyone has. ps I have both an original 1040 st with tos 1.0 and a 1040ste with 4 meg, 16 mhz accelerator and TOS 2.06. Both have double sided drives, and I have a separate double sided external drive I use with both computers.

techie_alison
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I just got a Discovery Cart! Now, what can I do with it?

Postby techie_alison » Fri May 02, 2008 9:12 am

A Happy Computers Discovery Cartridge will backup ALL discs, including protected ones with funny things going on in the sectors. These include Dungeon Master and Oids, and a number of others. You can also create images of the discs too which can be saved to disc.

Ijor is the person on here who knows all about them, and images ALOT of discs. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7583 .

The software is also floating about too, yet some of it is faulty. So beware on that front. :-)
If I don't answer or appear to have forgotton then email again, I'm scatty! :)

http://www.logicsays.com/ = Updated Site
http://www.logicsays.com/index1 = Older Site (with more Atari)

Social Media

Return to “Pasti & VAPI”