Pasti headers / format details / source code

In this forum you'll find more information about the Pasti & VAPI Tools and the Preservation Project built around these tools. Come on in to find out more about it and discuss these projects.

Moderators: Mug UK, ijor, Moderator Team

Dio
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Pasti headers / format details / source code

Postby Dio » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Anyone know where to get any of this? I've been fiddling with an ST emulator and I'd like to add support for STP files, but astonishingly there's no documentation for the format.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pasti headers / format details / source code

Postby Mug UK » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:12 pm

Ijor comes and goes when he's got the time .. if the header etc. isn't listed in the docs for PASTI then you'll have to try and contact him directly via PM.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Dio
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Dio » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:35 pm

I couldn't find any documentation at all beyond the 'put the DLL in the right directory'.

I was hoping for something like the TZX spec and/or source code as well as just the headers, mind - the emulator is (targetted at being) portable across all systems, so I need an implementation that can work on Linux / Mac as well (both of which got ports in the days when it was just a Jaguar emulator - even the GP2X got a look in).

(I've also tried emailing the address on the pasti.fxatari.com page but there's been no response.)

Klapauzius
The Klaz
The Klaz

Postby Klapauzius » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:12 am

The Pasti specs have not been made public yet. I believe Ijor is planning to make the Pasti project open source one day, but he's just too busy with 'real life' at the moment. I'm sure he will gladly help you though, once he re-enters the scene... :-)
http://www.klapauzius.net
http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/klaz

The tears are welling in my eyes again, I need twenty big buckets to catch them in, twenty pretty girls to carry them down, twenty deep holes to bury them in.

thothy
Hatari Developer
Hatari Developer

Postby thothy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:36 pm

I am also waiting for a Linux (or open source) version of PaSTI... let's hope that ijor will do it one day!

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby ijor » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:57 pm

Please bear with me a little more, currently I can't even reply to all the pending PM in my inbox. I will certainly take care of Pasti support for Hatari (hopefuly now is accurate enough) and others.

Dio
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Dio » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:47 pm

Cheers for that, whenever you're ready :D.

Jeff_HxC2001
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Jeff_HxC2001 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:24 pm

A small post to say that i finally managed to add the pasti format in the HxC Floppy Emulator software/project .
http://jeanfrancoisdelnero.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/.
There still some work to do, but many games already work! :D

alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby alexh » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:09 pm

That's the host based USB version rather than the stand alone version?

Jeff_HxC2001
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Jeff_HxC2001 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:07 pm

alexh wrote:That's the host based USB version rather than the stand alone version?

Both versions !: The stand alone version use *.hfe files, generated by the windows software.
But there is a limitation on the actual standalone version: it plays variable bitrate track like a constant bitrate track. I will probably need a PLD or something similar to add this feature. (USB version support variable bitrate).

Social Media

Return to “Pasti & VAPI”