Best PD compilers?

You can discus menu disks by all those classic ST hack & pack teams. If you have questions, requests or remarks about hackers, packers, screens or just menu disks in general, this is the place to be!

Moderators: bodkinz, Mug UK, Moderator Team

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Thu May 04, 2006 10:30 am

When I recently got back all my disks off Darren Birks (guy who wrote Makedisk), I found a lot of classic compilations, including loads of "missing" ones from The Source. Trouble is, I only kept the ones that I'd compiled and/or had my packs/rips/utils on them.

As soon as I can get my system up and running to dump .MSA files to the Jaz drive, then I can get disk images transferred en masse.

Running up and downstairs with collections of 4-5 floppy disks (assuming the MSA files are small enough to fit onto 720K PC formatted disks) is not much fun at the moment.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

illegal
Atari Forever

My reply

Postby illegal » Thu May 04, 2006 4:10 pm

Ripped off has to be mentioned
i do not even remember the others...

seems that pov made interesting things after i gave up my activities

ripped off was very pleasant, i remember that

bodkinz

Postby bodkinz » Thu May 04, 2006 5:43 pm

I think i have 4 DFX menus knocking around.. was surprised to see myself mentioned on a couple of the scollers 8O
someone post something, i'm bored :)

mac error
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby mac error » Thu May 04, 2006 8:59 pm

Dr Emmett Brown said that it's the flux capacitor that makes time travel possible - well Doc, you're talking out of your arse mate! Log yourself on to Atari Forum - much the same effect but without the need to steal plutonium from bazooka wielding terrorists!!!

Ripped Off and Neon lights - both tasty morsels if my memory serves me correctly!!!

Can I please BEG bodkinz to upload the DFX disk images to AL FTP or mail them to me (see profile for addr) as both me and Divine / The Monster Beetle would really like to see them. They were rather poo as a rule so we ended up binning them but they were the first menus we managed to put together way back in our first year of high school so it would be great to see them again - not bothered whether the data is all there, just want to run the menus!
stay cool, life's a fossil fuel

Mac Error - ADR UK
aka Manix - DFX
aka Manix - Evolution

bodkinz

Postby bodkinz » Fri May 05, 2006 5:50 pm

You will find all 4 i imaged on Planet Emu

http://www.planetemu.net/index.php?sect ... 368&page=d

hope that helps :)

mac error
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby mac error » Sun May 07, 2006 11:32 pm

Bodkinz, you're an absolute star - I'm off to visit Divine/The Monster Beetle / HAWKEYE in a couple of weeks and he's loking forward to having a look at the DFX menus so thanks again.

Just out of interest - if they were originally in your collection, can you remember how you got them? Talking to Divine yesterday, we can't remember ever having distributed them anywhere other than at our school!

Mac Error - ADR UK

aka Manix - DFX

aka Manix - Evolution

mac error
Retro freak
Retro freak

RIP Divine/The Monster Beetle - old skool Adrenalin UK

Postby mac error » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:51 pm

Following some of the content of my previous posts on this site, I thought I should include the following information on this thread.

It is with sadness that I report the all too early passing of Divine / The Monster Beetle of Adrenalin. Divine's real name was Robert James Dentith and he died unexpectedly from a previously un-diagnosed medical problem on October 5th 2006. He was 29 years old.

After leaving the computer scene, Rob moved into the media, particularly radio and became something of a star in the midlands where his day job was chief news editor for a group of regional radio stations.

Never really being able to leave the 'underground' behind, Rob also made a name for himself in the promotion of unsigned bands and musicians, putting on numerous gigs and mini-festivals across the midlands and also presenting a weekly nationwide show on Kerrang Radio called Kerrang Unsigned.

Speaking as his best friend of almost 20 years, he will be missed greatly by myself and pretty much anyone that ever knew him.

RIP Divine!

:cry:

Mac Error - ADR UK

aka Manix - DFX

aka Manix - Evolution

bodkinz

Postby bodkinz » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:52 pm

Umm i got them from someone or other.. i'm mentioned on two of those menus.. only realised lately when i was reading the scolltexts :)

i used to run a PD library so i was sent some very obscure stuff...

not much help on who sent them... but been a few years now..

bodkinz

Postby bodkinz » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:57 pm

sorry to hear of the loss.. :(

Mookie
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Mookie » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:23 pm

Although Divine was a co-founder of Adrenalin UK all those years ago I never personally met him or Mac Error although we all used to chat for hours on the Telephone (keeping it old skool ;)

I am sorry to hear of his recent death, my own father lost his battle for life earlier this year but at least he lived into his 60s. It is always terrible to hear of friends etc. that have passed way before their time. :(

My best wishes are sent to Divine's family and friends and I hope we can collect all the work he did on the ST etc. so we have something ST related to remember him by. I would like to add such content like the old ADR collection to the current http://www.adr-uk.net website some time in the future (quite busy on work related projects atm).

I would like to thank Mac Sys Data (aka Spaceman Spiff (ADR)) for bringing this post to my attention.

Adrenalin

Sad news

Postby Adrenalin » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 pm

Hi

I too would like to echo the words of Mookie.... I never met Rob either although he was a fellow group member....

RIP

Assassin / ADR

bodkinz

Postby bodkinz » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:49 pm

i've never met anyone on here or back in the day.. but i feel for losses in the community.. and if i did meet anyone i didnt know who they were.. *shrug*... but i feel it when someone does get their connection reset :cry:

Social Media

Return to “Menu Disks”