Ex ST Hacker Requesting help to recover all my old work.

You can discus menu disks by all those classic ST hack & pack teams. If you have questions, requests or remarks about hackers, packers, screens or just menu disks in general, this is the place to be!

Moderators: Mug UK, bodkinz, Moderator Team

twogingerballs
Atarian
Atarian

Ex ST Hacker Requesting help to recover all my old work.

Postby twogingerballs » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:07 am

Hey guys,

Wow what a site! I am a 30 year old who also had a Atari STE when I was a child. I used to play and hack a few games and before long found myself banned from using the computers in my school and my parents dragged in to school to educate them that I was banned from using any computer at school and then finally my parent confiscated my computer and I wasnt allowed to own one until I was 18.

Thats my little sob story. Anyway I used to run a group called Solid as a Rock. I originally called myself Swarchenegger but then decided to change my name to The Omen. I generally ripped off other peoples work and re-compilled then on my menus but I also did a lot of my own ripps when I got in to the hacking scene. I was in the day in touch with Pompey Pirates and also Criminals in Disguise (C.I.D) amongst others. Wow they were the days!

I am now living in Spain and have recently acquired to my disbelief a Atari STE in a local boot sale and now desperately trying to find any of my old work out there! All my work was under the name Solid as a Rock and I would love for anyone out there to help me recover these to replay my banned childhood!

Anyone with any of these of any knowledge of how to obtain these please contact me through this site or directly on twogingerballs69@hotmail.com

I welcome any questions or advice and again, well done for this great site!

Damien.

Zorro 2
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Zorro 2 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:22 am

Hello Damien,

Welcome on the Atari forum and hope that you find your happiness :roll:
Member of NoExtra Team

Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Postby Brume » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:37 am

Welcome on the forum twogingerballs.
mmm, sorry: Solid as a Rock is totally unknown to me. Do you remember how many menus you produced?
On the other side, I saw somewhere your nickname 'The Omen'. I don't remember where it was exactly, I'll try to investigate more in the next days.

twogingerballs
Atarian
Atarian

Postby twogingerballs » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:49 am

Thanks guys, I produced somewhere in the region of 30+ menus. I lived in Derby, UK at the time and I regularly had meets with many people who used to distribute my work all over. At the time I was only 13/14 and very hard to remember who I was in touch with in them days. You've gotta remember these were the days before Emails! It was all pigeon post and Micro Mart!

Again any help you guys can give me will be a mountain of help.

Damien.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:22 pm

I was in contact with a few groups in the North and North West (mainly Adrenalin) and to be honest, your group name is a new one on me. I can ask Mookie/ADR next time I see him on MSN if he ever traded with you or someone who knew you.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Adrenalin

Postby Adrenalin » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:12 pm

Yeah, I must agree with MUG.... I too (in fact all members of ADR) were in touch with lots of groups throughout England, but the name is a new one on me.

I was the spreader for ADR and most of our contacts all went through me via our PO Box....

I'd love to see the Solid As A Rock menus though if anyone still has 'em....

Assassin / ADR
:D

mac error
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: Ex ST Hacker Requesting help to recover all my old work.

Postby mac error » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:42 pm

Hi all, I was in Adrenalin and I too was a master of covering stamps with sellotape back in the day! I remember the late great Monster Beetle/Divine talking about The Omen and I did see your name crop up a few times as well but I too can't place where, did you ever swap stuff with Rob from Cheshire?
stay cool, life's a fossil fuel

Mac Error - ADR UK
aka Manix - DFX
aka Manix - Evolution

Adrenalin

Postby Adrenalin » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:39 am

Hi there Mac_Error

Yes, Rob from Cheshire definitely rings a bell..... it's been such a long time though!!!

Jon

HEKTIK
Atarian
Atarian

Postby HEKTIK » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Adrenalin or Mac Error - You guys still here??
(Christ it's been HELL of a long time LOL!)

Adrenalin

Postby Adrenalin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi there

Yep, I'm still around very occasionally :)

Jon
Assassin/ADR

caffeinekid
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby caffeinekid » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:12 pm

Not as occasionally as me I suspect :)
http://www.tcksoft.co.uk <- my remakes site
"Anyone got any Neon Lights menus?" :)

Social Media

Return to “Menu Disks”