Come back Goldrunner, all is forgiven.

Come and chat to the team working on the huge Atari ST emulator frontend projects

Moderators: SkylineDave, Goldrunner, Moderator Team

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Come back Goldrunner, all is forgiven.

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:17 pm

Anyone been in touch with him recently??
I have sent 2 PMs in the past month or so without any reply...
He has not posted in any of the forums that I can see for just over a month now..
Just need a yes or no answer to my question regarding something of a highly secret and intruguing nature, I hope all is ok with him and that this is merely a case of him being too busy at home/work lately etc....

:)

X3peri_MENTaL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby X3peri_MENTaL » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:30 am

Worry not. :)

AFAIK he's still about, but is extremely busy at the moment.

SkylineDave
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby SkylineDave » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:44 am

come back Paul. we miss you! :P
AKA Megadaz / Black Eagle --- STOS, Dungeon Master and Captive fan!

Proud member of the GameBaseST team.
Founder of the one-man DemoBaseST team!

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:30 am

I haven't dissapeared. I've just incredably busy with both work and family life. I Must apologise for not contacting people on a more regular basis :!:

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:08 pm

If only you had a job like Mug's Paul, GBST would have been finished years ago....
And you would have tallied up an extra post or two :ehum: here in the forum.

:)

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:12 pm

Just to mirror what I recently asked in the secret place, is there any planned progress with GBST in the near future?
Paul Thompson still around?? :)

SkylineDave
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby SkylineDave » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:15 pm

RetroGamerUK wrote:Just to mirror what I recently asked in the secret place, is there any planned progress with GBST in the near future?
Paul Thompson still around?? :)

im unsure as to whats going on. ive tried a few times to contact Paul. the current version of GBST is far higher (as in 1000 games) than the one I have here. unfortunately Keili and U.M. havent been able to help either.

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:34 pm

I have version 2.4 which Paul sent me by DVD a while ago, I am thinking of putting on the news servers, do you have access to these Dave?

SkylineDave
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby SkylineDave » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:19 pm

RetroGamerUK wrote:I have version 2.4 which Paul sent me by DVD a while ago, I am thinking of putting on the news servers, do you have access to these Dave?

no sorry dont even know what they are! :oops: :oops: :oops:

caffeinekid
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby caffeinekid » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:36 am

I would love to see this on usenet and give it a try. Cheers!
http://www.tcksoft.co.uk <- my remakes site
"Anyone got any Neon Lights menus?" :)

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:41 pm

megar, in the other topic wrote:Thank you.
I will upload the file so, it will be web hosted. I am very pissed off by the attitude of Goldrunner, release a 1.2b version (that I had very much trouble to get too !) and then, never get a new version, despite having a ftp access to a virtually unlimited web server.

(I replied here to avoid getting pulled over by the topic police :wink: )
Yeah I understand how you feel, although I am not pissed off with him for not being here as he obviously has his reasons, I would expect the arrival of his first child put an end to any free time he had, still, no matter how many children you have or how long you work there is always time to check your inbox every now and then even if just to do a quick message to everyone shedding some light on your current status regarding whatever, and if necessary to say "goodbye I am busy forever" etc....
Sadly it seems he never did really return after all..... please correct me if I am wrong Goldy :wink:

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:49 pm

Firstly I would like to apologise to a whole host of people for my absence and lack of communication over the last few months. I have had many family issues in that time, the worst being the passing of my father a few weeks ago. It has taken me a long time to come to terms with both the illness when it struck and is passing. I'm being quite candid here to try and explain my actions to both the whole Atari ST community, I have probably upset a lot of people with my total lack of communication so apologies again for not making a single post to explain.

The last thing on my mind was the hobby of GamebaseST over the last few months, but this in no excuse to the way I have treated certain people when I could have easily let them know. A lot of people have helped withe GBST in the past and they deserved better than this. I would like to aplogise personally to the following:

The Atari Legend Team
Ijor
X3peri_MENTaL
SkylineDave
RetroGamerUK
Kieli
Doc Pharside
MugUK
Unseenmenace

I will be starting work again on GamebaseST since there is obviously still interest in the old horse, and hopefully MAGE will give it a new lease of life when it becomes available. GBST currently stands at v3.2 and it has always been my intention to one day finish it. Many thanks to RetroGamerUK for getting v2.4 out there to everyone.

I have a lot of bridges to mend especially to an undisclosed website and the team involved. I feel incredably gulity to one team memeber of this site since I'm holding hundreds of his disks which should have been forwarded months ago.

To sum up then. I think I am at a stage now where I can give quite a bit of my spare time to the ST community again. This is probably hard to believe to certain people since a couple of time over the last few months I have tried, but each time something has happened and put paid to it once again. But this time it is TRUE, I just hope everyone will forgive me and we can get on with preserving the Atari ST!

SkylineDave
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby SkylineDave » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:23 pm

Paul, youve got nothing to apologise for. Youve had a really tough time and its just great to hear from you!!!!

Kroah
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroah » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:53 pm

Welcome back Goldrunner!

Glad to read you again :)

All the best for the futur,
Kroah

Belgarath
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Belgarath » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:42 pm

Welcome back Paul it's good to hear from you, sorry to hear about the stuff you've been going through, don't feel like there's any need to rush back into GBST if you still need more time then take it.

unseenmenace
Atari God
Atari God

Postby unseenmenace » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:25 pm

Dave said it best I think. Take your time, no rush, but good to hear from you all the same :)
UNSEEN MENACE
Several STFM's, 4MB STE, 2MB TT with 1.2GB Hard Drive and 14MB Falcon with 540MB Hard Drive,
Lynx 2 and Jaguar with JagCD
Member of GamebaseST and AtariLegend team
Check out my website at http://unseenmenace.110mb.com

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:06 pm

Nice one .. and *just* in time for the massive set of files, covers, scans, manuals you're going to get by way of the Atari Preservation weekend in York in less than a week's time :)

Welcome back sir.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Social Media

Return to “GameBaseST & DemoBaseST”