Ohhh, the master himself *bow down*
Thanks for the Gamebase Amiga
Even though i was more a C64 and AtariST man, i had an Amiga too. Thanks to you, i can start ALL games i played as a youngster with only ONE frontend. That absolutely rocks.
The only problem with your fabulous project is: the public has problems to appreciate it, because the public is unable to get hold of all the tiny little pieces in a convenient way. It was a helluva job to hunt down everything and get a "Zero Missing Gamebase Amiga Collection".
- get all the stuff from your site
- hunt down all SPS in TOSEC and usenet
- find and know how to handle the kickstarts for WHDLoad (damn that was hard)
- use clrmame and DOS batch files to complete SPS and ADF Games
- you get the idea ....
So, i finally have a complete V1.4.3 here on my HD and want to offer you the same thing i do for GamebaseST and Gamebase64.
I would like to pack all the stuff together into some RAR files and put it up on edonkey/emule.
I know that many people have problems with that P2P protocol for different reasons, but there are also some advantages:
- everything is together (zero missing)
- quite fast (i released GB64 V5 yesterday and there are now 20 sources)
- easy to keep up (i can keep it sharing on a 128kbit/s line and everybody can download it)
- easy to publish (just put 3 ed2k text links on your page or in a forum and you are done)
edonkey is maybe not as fast as usenet, not as convenient as direct downloads and not as scalable as torrent, but i can keep all the Gamebases i love online in one complete piece with almost no effort and a the majority of people can get it easily and complete.
*damn - i should get the edonkey oscar for that post*
- how do you like the idea?
- do you have any kind of install instructions i could include (especially for WHDLoad)
- can you PLEASE send the ONLY missing file to email@example.com
8264 Audio Tape (MP3) MP3\Corruption.mp3 671 Corruption
Thanks and keep up the great work.