What's going on now!

Come and chat to the team working on the huge Atari ST emulator frontend projects

Moderators: Goldrunner, SkylineDave, Moderator Team

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

What's going on now!

Postby Goldrunner » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:23 pm

You may be aware that I recently started buying original games from ebay in an effort to gather material not avialable anywhere else. I have so far bought about 100 games for the project which I am slowly working my way through. To give you some idea of what is being done with these games I have done an example below.

The example chosen is Rocket Ranger which along with game itself and screenshots has the following extras available from the front-end:

Advert
Boxscan - Front
Boxscan - Back
Diskscan
Instructions
Decoder Wheel
The Wheel Decoded

The instruction have been scanned and made into a PDF which will also happen for all the other games that are bought.

Hope you like the example and maybe one day the material gathered by the project will be used for a site like the Amiga's Hall of Light, now there is a thought :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Goldrunner on Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Here are the instructions and the Wheel Decoded
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Postby ST Graveyard » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:17 pm

Well eeerrrr ... Goldrunner ... It has always been my ambition to make AL some kind of HOL ... But that is not done in 2 days :lol: We're all a bit lazy lately :oops:

Anyway, this is very cool stuff what you are doing here! Very nice work!

Cheers,
Grave
Atari Legend IS back!

ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Postby ST Graveyard » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:19 pm

BTW, how do you convert a manual into PDF exactly? Scanning them?

Cheers,
Grave
Atari Legend IS back!

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:31 pm

Hi Grave

It would be really cool if AL became something like HOL one day and maybe even better :D Hopefully with help of this project AL will have a ready source of material already at its deposal.

You need the full version of Adobe Acrobat (not the reader) to create the manuals. After scanning each page with a simple flatbed screen you load the images into Acrobat which gives the option of loading multiple images in to create a PDF. Adobe really have made the process quite simple or I personally would never have attempted it!

X3peri_MENTaL
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby X3peri_MENTaL » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:56 pm

Goldrunner, your dedication to this project is truely admirable. Also, perhaps you should draw up some rough scan specification guidelines for others contributors to follow so there is greater continuity to the projects scans.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

(btw I found a scan I did for 'Fast Food' (aka Fast Food Dizzy) which I will pass on if you don't already have it).

Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Postby Marcer » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:54 pm

intressting all Cinemascope games are free downloads on their homepage :)

// Marcer
- Atari ST/FM/E - Mega sTe - Portfolio - Falcon 030 FX 3 in 1 -- Atari 7800/Lynx/Jaguar -
- FTP... Ask for info
- Atari Legend (Games all-a-round)
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:12 pm

Hi Marcer

I think they used their old games as a free advertising source for the re-mastered series. Good idea, I just wish other well known companies followed their example!

Hi X3peri_MENTaL

Good idea, I will draw up some specifications and post them here! Would like to use the scans of Fast Food if could PM to me :D
Last edited by Goldrunner on Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dungeon.master
The Beast with a Million Eyes
The Beast with a Million Eyes

Postby dungeon.master » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:14 pm

Marcer wrote:intressting all Cinemascope games are free downloads on their homepage :)

// Marcer

but not all the games, for example : The Three Stoodges for ST ...
Games hunter, for Atari Legend
dungeon.master

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:46 pm

I've got bundles of originals too .. but as with all the projects I'd like to step in and lend a hand too, I just never seem to have the time to devote .. too many fingers in far too many pies :(
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:51 am

Hi dungeon.master

Finding The Three Stooges would be like finding one the holy grails of missing ST games, along with Centurian: Defender of Rome. I personally don't think it appeared on the ST, I know there was an advert but Cinenaware must have pulled the plug on it. I wonder if you can send them an email on there website to find out one way or the other!

Social Media

Return to “GameBaseST & DemoBaseST”