Two new members join the GamebaseST Project

Come and chat to the team working on the huge Atari ST emulator frontend projects

Moderators: Goldrunner, SkylineDave, Moderator Team

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Two new members join the GamebaseST Project

Postby Goldrunner » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:18 pm

Just thought I would use this forum for a special welcome to two new team members who have joined the GamebaseST project!

Firstly, a big welcome to Sut who is GamebaseST's first official beta tester. He has already proved that he has an eye for detail with the errors he has already spotted and I just know the project will benifit greatly from his input.

Secondly, another big welcome to SkylineDave who has already sent me disk images , screenshots, and other material for the project. Dave has already shown that he has passion for the project and I'm sure the project will be much richer in content with him onboard.

It would seem that the beta release has made a better impact than I first thought with the GBST team doubling in one week. I think that, just maybe, people are finally taking it seriously :D

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:57 pm

I never realised that people were not taking GBST seriously 8O
Unless, like me, many people have simply "not got around" to installing it yet? and that is only because I already know where all my fave games are and I am just lazy.
Anyway, despite my complete lack of understanding and experience of GBST, let me be the first here to give a big thumbs up :thumbs: to this excellent project (as nobody else has yet replied, the miserable gits :roll: ), and hopefully this will prompt acknowledgement of your hard work from those who actually use the GBST!! (and sorry if this gets your post dumped into my Eng. forum :oops: )

:)

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Postby keili » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:14 pm

That's great, Goldrunner :D .
I know, how hard it is to find helping hands for such a project. So the Gamebase will grow faster :P ?
TI 99/4A, C64, 800XL, 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 1040ST, 1040 STE, Mega ST1, Mega ST2, Mega STe, Apple IIsi

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:51 am

Cheers for you support guys :thumbs:

Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Postby Marcer » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:46 am

I will for sure help you out soon..

But im struggle with same thing almost, but not a gamebase ST prg.-. but with a dvd :)

im trying to get all different hacks of all ST Games.. (non-menus like automation etc..). single disk hacks.. etc. .

at this point i have 3800+ (files) within 2.1gb
there is still stuff missing.. but Im may face the fact i wont be able to fill up the rest of this dvd.. unless i also pick games in a folder called "unknwon hacks, or unprotected games" ... but it would be little ruiner for the theme of the dvd. since i want it to be good.. not just another game collection..

there is 3 CD's im still trying to get my ass on.. but.. 1 cd i still not recived from one person.. trying to contact him.. but he seems not to answer my emails..

other two are these .DIM cds hehe.. alot to convert and work on.. grr

// Marcer
- Atari ST/FM/E - Mega sTe - Portfolio - Falcon 030 FX 3 in 1 -- Atari 7800/Lynx/Jaguar -
- FTP... Ask for info
- Atari Legend (Games all-a-round)
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:58 pm

Hi Marcer

Any help you can give to the project in the future will be brilliant :D I know you have been compiling the DVD for some time and it must surely be biggest source of menus and single cracks ever compiled. Any chance a sneak look or are you waiting for it to be complete?

Anyway, I know your really busy with Atari Legend and your own DVD collection so good luck with them both!

Tk
Atari User
Atari User

Paul is a true devotee

Postby Tk » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:29 pm

I'd like to welcome the new members to the team, and also praise Paul (again) for all his hard work over the last year. I remember 1 year ago I was showing the first release version of GBST (0.2) at Jagfest with just 200 games entered in (and that took an age cos we were very fussy). He is now over at 1700, with many extra scans and manuals etc. All this he did single handedly !!! My only input was to do an update to the scripts when the Pasti support came in (I am supposed to do the installer but haven't yet for several reasons)

With any project like this I know its the support from the potential audience that spurs the team on, and its good to see some new posts around here.

I only hope I can find the time to get more involved again, maybe one of the new retro mags (printed or CD based) could look into the project and do an article about it.

Rob

Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Postby Marcer » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:06 pm

Hey Goldy..

infact. Im not workin on a compil (menus).. my goal is to keep it stand-alone game cracks only.

And make another DVD with menus only.. otherwise it wont fit :)

But there is several things keepin me busy right now. and delays my projects.. Chip music/movin to a new place/ etc..
and also AL things :)

All is fun except moving to a new place.. until all is installed :)
I dont have any list of the dvd yet.. but i better start on it soon. hehe

as it looks like now.. its DIR sorted after Crackcrew/single persons.

maybe i change this.. not sure yet

// Marcer
- Atari ST/FM/E - Mega sTe - Portfolio - Falcon 030 FX 3 in 1 -- Atari 7800/Lynx/Jaguar -
- FTP... Ask for info
- Atari Legend (Games all-a-round)
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_

Social Media

Return to “GameBaseST & DemoBaseST”