New team member & Other news

Come and chat to the team working on the huge Atari ST emulator frontend projects

Moderators: Goldrunner, SkylineDave, Moderator Team

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

New team member & Other news

Postby Goldrunner » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:23 pm

Just a quick update to let everyone know the current development state of Gamebase ST.

Firstly i would like to welcome Frank Prochnow to the project team, Frank is extracting all game documentation such as manuals, solutions, tips, etc, from various ST disks and there are thousands of them. The first fruits of his labours have already made it to Gamebase ST. This is one area that i was very eager for someone to do!

Gamebase ST V0.2 is being shown at the JagFest show today by Rob (aka Tk). This version supports 200 games, 705 screenshots, 108 music files, and 278 extras. The public release of this version will follow shortly, it is only being held back because it needs V1.1 of the Gamebase front-end which James Burrows is busy slaving away on. We really have gone to town on this release and i think everyone will be very surprised with the changes!

Look out also for a large update to the Gamebase ST website within the next couple of weeks.

ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Postby ST Graveyard » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:40 pm

Hey Paul,

I can't wait to see it for myself!

Also, I don't know if you have noticed, but we have created some kind of web mirror of the Gamebase ST site withing the AtariLegend page (in the game section) ... This way more people will notice the project!

Hope you like this!

Cheers,
Grave
Atari Legend IS back!

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:42 pm

Hi Grave

Yes i have noticed and very well intergrated it is into Atari Legend :D All the team are overjoyed with the support and exposure that Atari Legend have given the project. We are looking forward to the future when AL and GBST will be the definitive on-line and off-line Atari ST databases.

Doc Pharside
Atari User
Atari User

Postby Doc Pharside » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:43 am

Hi,

in case you wonder "Who is this Frank Prochnow person anyway?" - It´s me, Doc Pharside, the human document conversion filter :wink:
I am very happy to be in the GamebaseST Team and will do my best in trying to rescue all the old manuals from being buried in digital oblivion. At the moment i have plenty, plenty of raw material for conversion. I will be busy till christmas 2010 converting all these manuals. So look out for the latest version of GambaseST - you will be surprised.

PS: Did you ever ask yourself, how the "Word Document Conversion Filter" feels about its work? - I do know now, but i won´t tell :wink:
Once you get locked into a serious ROM collection,
the tendency is to push it as far as you can ...

Doc Pharside
http://www.pharside.de - C64, Atari ST, Amiga, GBA, Arcade Emulators and Games. Internet, Windows and Linux Tools

Social Media

Return to “GameBaseST & DemoBaseST”