GamebaseST v3.1 > v4.0 Progress List

Come and chat to the team working on the huge Atari ST emulator frontend projects

Moderators: SkylineDave, Goldrunner, Moderator Team

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

GamebaseST v3.1 > v4.0 Progress List

Postby Goldrunner » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:03 pm

From now on I will list GamebaseST's progress from v3.1 to the next update. The archive will be released with only these differences from now so no will have to download the whole thing again once they have it:

Count
3125 - Black Sect - French version replaced with English version, however, the French version remains in the archive, fantastic release Klaz!
3126 - Chimera - Fabulous find by the Beast and a great crack by Atari Legend!
3127 - Essex - rare text adventure cracked by Atari Legend.
3127 - Zynaps - game replaced with superb trained Elite version.
3127 - Stario's Christmas - replaced with another great release from Elite.
3128 - Division One 92 - Another great AL release now in the database.

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Re: GamebaseST v3.1 > v4.0 Progress List

Postby Goldrunner » Mon May 19, 2008 11:48 am

Just realised the GamebaseST website is not online! No idea why this is but will investigate and get it up and running again!

Actually it seems to be partially working but for some strange reason only the database part :(

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Tue May 20, 2008 5:06 pm

For those who are interested the website is back up and is located here: http://www.gamebasest.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Index.htm

The database part is fully up to date with version v3.1d so you can see what games and extras are included in the current version. For those who wish to submit material for GamebaseST should always look here first to see if we already have it.

Tk
Atari User
Atari User

Postby Tk » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:24 am

Hi Guys

Very long time since I've been around here, but poked my nose in while I was checking out some bookmarks.

I believe I can explain what happened to the http://www.gamebasest.com URL. I had the name registered up until recently, and it was using an old email address I hardly use now as its admin account. So I didn't get to see the warning msg that it was about to expire, and now some bugger has cyber-squatted it, can you believe it. So I doubt there is any chance of getting this URL back now (well done squatters).

My apologies for letting this happen, but tbh I wasn't even aware that the GBST project was still ongoing. I'm amazed to see its actually stronger than ever. Funny to think it was so long ago when Paul and I worked together on it. Lost of things have changed for me, I now have a 8 month old daughter, and am finding it more difficult to find time for hobbies, but you can be sure I'm going to install 3.1d and check it out.

I'll let James know how things have progressed as I know he's always taken an interest in all the spin-off projects from his original frontend. He's been working on a mame cabinet, see his progress here: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.p ... #msg837166

I'll try and check in more often, this project has a special place in history for me :)

T.K. Dentrassi
a.k.a. Rob

ps. LOL at my old sig, maybe I should change it to GamebaseST Team (Legacy) :)
GamebaseST & DemobaseST Team

PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby PaulB » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:13 am

I think that 'cyber-squatter' you mention is actually a domain holding page that the ISP has put on the site to earn extra revenue from an expired domain. Since you are the previous domain holder you should be able to get it back without problems. If you can get it back you could always change the pass and hand the details over to someone else if you have no spare time to do it yourself.

Tk
Atari User
Atari User

Postby Tk » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:31 pm

Unfortunately it was never run from an ISP as such, but rather a direct domain registration from joker.com, including DNS, then pointed to Pauls webpage. I've gone back to check, but there is no option to re-acquire the name as it has now been registered by another entity.
GamebaseST & DemobaseST Team

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:12 pm

From Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybersquatter#Legal_resolution wrote:Under UDRP policy, successful complainants can have the names deleted or transferred to their ownership (which means paying regular renewal fees on all the names or risk their being registered by someone else). Under the ACPA (Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act) a cybersquatter can be held liable for actual damages or statutory damages in the amount of a maximum of $100,000 for each name found to be in violation.

That would be pretty sweet. Cybersquatters are pricks. :evil:
tá'n poc ar buile!

Nekto
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Nekto » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Seems the work on the next version is freezed.
If it will be done, it can be shared through trackers/fileshares/ed2k etc.

paulwratt
Atari User
Atari User

Postby paulwratt » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:06 pm

it appears gamebasest.com is available again..

Social Media

Return to “GameBaseST & DemoBaseST”