Please Help With Config OF GamebaseST

Come and chat to the team working on the huge Atari ST emulator frontend projects

Moderators: SkylineDave, Goldrunner, Moderator Team

Sledgehammer
Atarian
Atarian

Please Help With Config OF GamebaseST

Postby Sledgehammer » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:19 am

Please could someone help me with this.. i cant seem to get it to find any games.. here is what i have done..

1. downloaded GBv11 Setup Full.exe and installed.
2. downloaded GBST v3.1d.rar and unrared it to the same place as frontend
3. downloads Gamebase ST v3.1d - Games and extracts that so same folder.

okay here goes..

when i first run the gamebase is says that there are no gamebase folders to choose from. then runs GB Toolbox so i create one called Atari.

then when i run Gamebase again there are no games/pictures there. so i go to tools/paths and choose where the screenshots and games are (all games are in a-z folders so picked main folder of games) once they have been setup i close dont gamesbaseST and then restart it.. but nothing no games/screenshots.. i have tried to uninstall and other various ideas.. looked on forums all over..

But sadly i am stuck.. no doubt i am missing one important thing..
could someone please point me in the right direction...

cheers

Belgarath
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Belgarath » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:16 pm

You shouldn't have to use gbtoolbox at all, and certaintly not to create any folders. I seem to remember there was a slight filename bug a while back so you may have downloaded a version with this bug

In your GameBase folder you should have another folder with a name like GBST v3.1d (this is the contents of the gbst v3.1d.rar) and then in that directory the database (mdb file) needs to have exactly the same name as the folder otherwise gamebase won't find it, so make sure the names are the same, by either renaming the folder or the db, it really doesn't matter which.

Sledgehammer
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Sledgehammer » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:20 pm

its working now.. thanks for that think it was about putting the 3.1 folder in the gamebase foldr that did it..

cheers

Social Media

Return to “GameBaseST & DemoBaseST”