GamebaseST v3.1 finally released

Come and chat to the team working on the huge Atari ST emulator frontend projects

Moderators: SkylineDave, Goldrunner, Moderator Team

megar
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Re: GamebaseST v3.1 finally released

Postby megar » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:56 pm

The 3.1d Extras are available to download !

:cheers:

http://gbst.atomas.com/

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Postby keili » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:22 am

Another (much slower) source will be added in the next days.
TI 99/4A, C64, 800XL, 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 1040ST, 1040 STE, Mega ST1, Mega ST2, Mega STe, Apple IIsi

mwaawm
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby mwaawm » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:12 pm

Awesome stuff guys!! :D

Im now downloading the latest version from Megars server while I type. Thanks once again to all involved with this project in allowing us all to relive all these wonderful old gaming memmories as well as discovering the wealth of material we never even knew existed back in the day.
I cant help it if I'm often in doubt but never in the wrong.

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Postby keili » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:19 am

You can find the GambaseST v3.1 Extras now on my home-server. I've splitted it to 50MB parts. Look at keilis-atari.dyndns.org with http or ftp.
TI 99/4A, C64, 800XL, 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 1040ST, 1040 STE, Mega ST1, Mega ST2, Mega STe, Apple IIsi

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:32 pm

Nice one Keili :D

STcomp
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

GamebaseST what do I need to download

Postby STcomp » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:29 pm

I just discovered Gamebase ST and I was wondering, is the contents of the Gamebase v. 3.1 extras folder all I need to download? Are those just extras, or will that be everything I need? Do I need anything from the v. 2.4 folder? Just wondering before I spend hours downloading it all. I can't wait to have this on my computer!! I have a lot of very rare games and manuals I would like to scan for it as well.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:39 pm

If you've got cover scans that Atari Legend are missing, we'd like them too :)

Probably some of those games you've beat me to on eBay? :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Doc Pharside
Atari User
Atari User

Postby Doc Pharside » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:10 pm

Once you get locked into a serious ROM collection,
the tendency is to push it as far as you can ...

Doc Pharside
http://www.pharside.de - C64, Atari ST, Amiga, GBA, Arcade Emulators and Games. Internet, Windows and Linux Tools

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Postby keili » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:17 pm

Doc Pharside wrote:As usual, i put up the extras on edonkey and set them to "powershare" for the next months.

Will also add them :) .

ham90mack
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby ham90mack » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Grr... Megar's server is not working for me when I try to download the GBST 3.1 extras. IE7 says that the file is 2.86 GB, but it only downloads 3 kb, saves the file, and my virus scanner goes into an infinite loop (which requires me to forcibly restart my computer). My virus scanner did the same for Netscape, although I didn't get the chance to push save before that happened. (my web browsers are probably attempting to download the file while I am choosing where to save) Then I tried a download manager and it only thought that the file was 261 MB big (or something like that) and the third download thread was unable to start before I noticed the size differential. I suppose I will try keili's site now, although one archive is better than many, imo, when it is on the computer... (yes, I understand why it would be better for the server if it was broken into many files instead of one chunk)

EDIT: O...k... I could not locate the files on keili's site via ftp before it suddenly kicked me off by prompting a login name other than Anonymous and there was nothing there via http... So... help please?

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Postby keili » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:55 pm

The files will be back in about 3 hours. After a fresh install of Linux, i have to copy them to the server. I'm not sure about http ATM, if i can't limit the number of simultaneous users.

ham90mack
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby ham90mack » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:42 pm

keili wrote:The files will be back in about 3 hours. After a fresh install of Linux, i have to copy them to the server. I'm not sure about http ATM, if i can't limit the number of simultaneous users.

Well, I see the files on FTP, but I cannot download them easily because you seem to only allow one connection per user. Since downloading a file takes one connection and viewing the directory structure takes one connection (apparently), could you increase the connection per user limit to two? It is much easier for me to use something like FileZilla to download these files, but I don't need to download more than one file at a time (I know that you wouldn't want more than one to be downloaded at a time since your bandwidth seems to be low). Funny thing is, IE thinks that the "too many connections per user" feedback is the same as "the login is incorrect" :roll:

EDIT: doh, all I had to do in FileZilla was add the files to the transfer queue, disconnect from the server (which closes the file tree), and then process the transfers in the queue. Ok... problem solved. Now to wait an hour for each of the 57 files... Joy.

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Postby keili » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:34 am

Good to hear. I was wondering, why it didn't work. Have tried IE and an ftp-client and had no problems.
ham90mack wrote:Now to wait an hour for each of the 57 files... Joy.

Yes, it for the patient ones :coffe: . If you know a cheap solution to host nearly 40000 files with 53GB, let me know :wink: .

ham90mack
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby ham90mack » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Another small problem is that FileZilla loved to time out since your server seems to pause for others occasionally. Now I just have to hope that a ten minute timeout limit will avoid uneccesarry reconnection failures since a timeout session appears to not send an explicit disconnect command to the server (which eventually does a timeout of its own, it seems, but that takes much longer to happen...).

ham90mack
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby ham90mack » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:43 pm

If you were wondering, I was able to finish downloading the extras (finally). They seem to be in tact and look great. Thanks!

I wonder if anybody else had troubles with megar's site... The file still will not appear to be the correct size in the download manager.

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:58 pm

Well I wonder what the problem is with Megar's site, he must not be around to read these posts or he would have surely responded by now...

aag
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby aag » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:13 pm

I had a few problems after "checking" megars (fixed) uploaded archive.

The download works for me with firefox ok, but not from Internet Explorer. (With IE I get a 735byte file.)

The download also works for me using "Free Download Manager" - http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

(I did PM megar about this issue, I think he looked at his server logs but couldn't see anything obviously wrong?)

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Postby keili » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:14 am

I don't think, that Megar has a problem. When i tried to download GBSTv3.1 at work, i only got a 1kB file. The same happened with with a Linux-download (4GB). No problems at home with both of them.

megar
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby megar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Thanks to Aag for waking up me !

So far, I suspect ie, temporary internet file, fat32 and signed integers to be related to the problem.
It means I will have to split the archive in two < 2GB files. But I can't do that this day. In the meantime, can someone sends me those 735 bytes ?

Thank you.

ham90mack
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby ham90mack » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:14 pm

Ok... I was going to retrieve that 1kb file for you but I did not want to have my virus scanner crash my computer again. So I tried doing the download on my other computer (through IE7, just like this computer) and it actually started to work... So I could have downloaded it through another computer... 8O

Well, this computer is older than the other one, but they are both Windows XP SP2 with IE7 installed, so I don't know what's wrong. Oh, and both have NTFS hard drives, so that's not my problem. Maybe it won't work because the internet cache is too small? That would make sense, but it doesn't make sense why the size of a downloaded file would be limited by the size of the internet file cache. Wierd thing is, the LeechGet free version download manager reported that the file was only 291 some megabytes while Free Download Manager (just installed it) saw it as the 3 GB file that it is... I don't know what the problem is...

bjjones37
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby bjjones37 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:08 am

The Extras download in http://gbst.atomas.com/ does not seem to work at all from Internet Explorer. FDM did not seem to work either. But Netscape Navigator seems to work. It did say that it failed to read the file after about 8M though. Trying it again. Up to 40M so far.
Courtesy is not an option.

Social Media

Return to “GameBaseST & DemoBaseST”