GamebaseST v3.1 finally released

Come and chat to the team working on the huge Atari ST emulator frontend projects

Moderators: SkylineDave, Goldrunner, Moderator Team

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:09 pm

Mug, is that the 3.1 extras that everyone has been waiting for?

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:24 pm

Just seems to be a full install of GBST v3.1d .. Will start the upload before I go to bed and post the NZB tomorrow and let others decide.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

sut
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: GamebaseST v3.1 finally released

Postby sut » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:13 pm

I know this has been asked a thousand times but......
Any news on the 3.1 extras are they available anywhere yet ?

hillelr
Atarian
Atarian

Postby hillelr » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:45 am

hi
i am trying to get the GBST screenshots its too long on e-donkey
is there another place to get them i have everything but them
there are not here: http://gbst.atomas.com/gamebase%20impor ... README.php
or am i missing something
thx

ham90mack
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby ham90mack » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:16 pm

The screenshots are packaged with the games. At least that's one extra that isn't missing...

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:33 am

Nice to see everyone is still interesed in the old horse. I personally lost a good 90% of my motivation for doing anything with GamebaseST and Guardians of the Past because of real life and some other Atari scene matters. I did restart the GBST project a couple of months ago with good intentions but was once again got side tracked by other things. I especially apologise to RetrogamerUK, Ijor, MugUK, Klaz, and AL members for my lack of input and not letting them know what I'm doing. When you leave the scene its actually quite hard to return with the same motivation, mainly because its so hard to catch up on things and renew aold freiendhelps.

GamebaseST will never be dead even if it takes another twenty years. I am aware GamebaseAmiga gets more updates but I'm working alone on GBST (some of the old team are working on the Guardians project) so please don't expect miracles since I have two projects to deal with along with real life. Nearly all the top games where released with v3.1 so no one is really missing much waiting for a new release since the bulk of new games will be PD. I am aware that people ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE 3.1 EXTRAS, I will try and and remedy this very soon!

Klapauzius
The Klaz
The Klaz

Postby Klapauzius » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:19 am

Good to hear from you again Paul! :D
http://www.klapauzius.net
http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/klaz

The tears are welling in my eyes again, I need twenty big buckets to catch them in, twenty pretty girls to carry them down, twenty deep holes to bury them in.

Belgarath
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Belgarath » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:00 pm

Goldrunner wrote:I am aware GamebaseAmiga gets more updates but I'm working alone on GBST

*cough* although eLowar looks after the website, I work totally alone on GameBase Amiga as well :)

Seriously though, I understand the whole lack of motivation, I get tired of GB Amiga fairly often :D
If there's anything I can do to help with GBST though just let me know..

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:52 pm

Goldrunner wrote:I especially apologise to RetrogamerUK, Ijor, MugUK, Klaz, and AL members for my lack of input and not letting them know what I'm doing.

Again, apology not necessary on my part :wink: it's always good to see you mate, however long it has been :)
Goldrunner wrote:GamebaseST will never be dead even if it takes another twenty years.
That's how I see it, and why there is no need to apologize to me next time you reappear after a long absence, I am not saying you should disappear for long periods of time, I would prefer that you are here on a more regular basis, but if that is not possible then that's that, no arguments from me :|

Oh, my offer of distributing GBST via usenet (and yes that website someone hosted) still stands :wink:

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:27 pm

Goldrunner wrote:Nice to see everyone is still interesed in the old horse. I personally lost a good 90% of my motivation for doing anything with GamebaseST and Guardians of the Past because of real life and some other Atari scene matters. I did restart the GBST project a couple of months ago with good intentions but was once again got side tracked by other things.

I think this just means that GBST has entered a mature, less teenage-insecure-obsessive-first-love-ish stage of development. When a project makes it to that stage, I think it's a good thing (present and future) :) You definitely shouldn't feel guilty or sad about it.
tá'n poc ar buile!

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Re:

Postby Goldrunner » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:00 am

megar wrote:The 2.4 extras are back online on the site.
They are provided 'as is'.
I deeply regret that I had to put these old file online again, while Goldrunner said that the new extras will be finally availlable. It is not the first time this happens, and I am sorry that the only person in this world who made the extras can't take the time to upload them on a ftp for the world to download, or at least burn a DVD and send it to someone who will make them availlable.

When I decided to freely host GBST, I did because 1/ the files were really hard to find and 2/ the project was so great ! I thought that with a decent mean of distribution, the makers of GBST will update the project and share it with the world. But this is not the case. It seems that they prefer to hold it for them, without going public. Dudes, you have all the things you need, why keep it for yourself ? Even getting the main 3.1 part (the games!) was painful, and we're waiting for the promised extras for months.

I had to reupload the old 2.4 extras, since it seems it will be the last version that went public.

I find this quite insulting especially considering you don't even know me or what has happened over the last few months. I acually did 90% of the work in GBST and spent countless hours getting it up to v3.1, at the very bigginnig I spent 3 to 5 hours a night for nearly two years to bring it to the ST scene. Saying I'm keeping this to myself is riduclous, why would I release v3.1 at all if that was the case. GBST runs perfectly without them that is why they are called extras and have always been optional. I don't want to create a war here so I will put your post down to the prolonged wait for the extras, I know you you have been hosting the archive and so thank you for your help and support in getting it spread.

I apologise if the above seems critical but after all the hours on GBST I don't really like the suggestion it was all for me!

I have today posted the extras to MugUK since he kindly supplied his address in a PM, we will have to arrange a date for that chat Muggy! RetroGamerUK, you will have to send me your address (yet again) so I can send you the DVD, its already set to go my old friend!

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:01 pm

Soon as the DVD arrives, it will be ISO'd and uploaded to the newsgroups (as per other releases).

If others can then host the files via a torrent / FTP / P2P then that'll be even better.

Good work Goldrunner - will make sure the kettle/cold beer is in the fridge is on if you're passing!
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Postby keili » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:26 pm

Yes, we (i) need other forms of release :wink: . torrent or P2P is ok as well as upload to my ftp :mrgreen: or a DVD.
TI 99/4A, C64, 800XL, 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 1040ST, 1040 STE, Mega ST1, Mega ST2, Mega STe, Apple IIsi

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:52 pm

muguk wrote:Soon as the DVD arrives, it will be ISO'd and uploaded to the newsgroups (as per nicking the idea of RG earlier as if my fingers are not already in enough pies both figurative and edible (but not hairy)).

Well seeing as though Mug has assumed responsibility for this part of the distribution you might as well save yourself the postage Goldy, I will download the ISO from usenet once we get the nod off the man who can then if anyone would like me to upload it to their server (such as Keili or Megar) I will gladly do so, unless someone else feels like joining Mug on my toes?

Heheh, come on it's Friday.
Last edited by RetroGamerUK on Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:56 pm

RetroGamerUK wrote:Well seeing as though Mug has assumed responsibility for this part of the distribution you might as well save yourself the postage Goldy, I will download the ISO from usenet once we get the nod off the man who can then if anyone would like me to upload it to their server (such as Keili or Megar) I will gladly do so, unless someone else feels like joining Mug on my toes?

Heheh, come on it's Friday.

To late its already posted, anyway it will save you downloading the whopping big thing :wink:

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:59 pm

A DVD? only takes about 30 mins to download :wink: but yeah, saves me the effort of PARing and unRARing I suppose :)

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:03 pm

RetroGamerUK wrote:A DVD? only takes about 30 mins to download :wink: but yeah, saves me the effort of PARing and unRARing I suppose :)

It will at least make a nice beer mat :)

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:32 pm

It's ok as I have made an executive decision and started to upload the ISO to usenet, should be completed in about 11 hours :)

I am uploading a second time now since I forgot to include the .nzb in the first collection, the group is "a.b.emulators.misc", search for
"GamebaseSTv3.1 EXTRAS RetroLamerUK".
So ignore the first collection which I stopped uploading at 5 of 80 segments.

This time I have split the ISO using quickPAR as per the instructions to 50 meg segments, I have also included PAR2 files in case they are needed.

EDIT:My first duff post seems to have been overwritten, this Usenet never ceases to amaze me :o

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:28 pm

Damn .. knew there was something I had to get back early from Bowlers to do!

Cheers for the dvd Goldie but looks like RetroLamer UK beat me to the upload

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:09 pm

Damn straight! 8)
If it weren't for Virgin Media and their confounded bandwidth choke-backery it would have finished uploading by now :x
20 Meg broadband and all I get is 26k upload....

It turns out that it is a year nearly to the day since I uploaded version 2.4 in fact the old .nfo reads 21/2/07 :)

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:38 am

Ok its all finished uploading to usenet, just doing a test download.
So if anyone would like it uploading to their server then lemme know, if you just want the ISO or would prefer the folders zipped etc that should not be a problem.

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:34 pm

Nice one Retro :)

This obviously means the v3.1 extras are finally released for everyone to enjoy :!:

megar
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby megar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:36 pm

Thank you Goldrunner !
I wasn't meant to be rude to you, but I confess my words were hard in order to motivate you to finally released the Extras. As I already said, you worked very hard for the Atari Community. My apologize if my words hurted you.

Anyway. RetrogamerUK uploaded the extras to my server. This means than the Extras will be released in a day or two. (the extra delay is to make sure everything is ok). Aag proposed to help to ensure that all is 100% ok. Keili also proposed to host them. Since the download is huge (3GB), it will help my small server !

Yes, the Extras will be easily downloadable, finally !

Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby Goldrunner » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:09 pm

megar wrote:Thank you Goldrunner !
I wasn't meant to be rude to you, but I confess my words were hard in order to motivate you to finally released the Extras. As I already said, you worked very hard for the Atari Community. My apologize if my words hurted you.

That's OK there is no harm done. Again, many thanks for hosting hosting the archive, it is people like you that make working on the project worthwhile and the reason it has started again :!:

keili
Atari God
Atari God

Postby keili » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:35 pm

Start again :D ? Maybe i still have some manuals to scan. Will check it, when i have v3.1.
TI 99/4A, C64, 800XL, 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 1040ST, 1040 STE, Mega ST1, Mega ST2, Mega STe, Apple IIsi

Social Media

Return to “GameBaseST & DemoBaseST”