Looking for Robocop 2 (hacked by Illegal/The Masters)

Game requests go here.

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Looking for Robocop 2 (hacked by Illegal/The Masters)

Postby Brume » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:37 pm

Hiya,

I'm after the game Robocop 2, hacked by Illegal.

This version is on Reanimators #20: the first level works fine... but when you try to choose other levels, the game doesn't start and still wait for you to press Start button. Please note I'm just coming to do many tests a real machine (1040 ste) and various emulators.

I feel very guilty for having spread Reanimators #20 on pacigame some years ago, I was sure I tested them all and they worked 100%. But ahem... I think I only tested the first level :oops: Too bad!

Also the same version is on Impact 30 and it has the same issue. So if someone had the original standalone disk of the hack by Illegal, please, feel free to send or post it here ;)

I'm not after other cracked versions, I need the hack by Illegal only.

Thanks in advance,

Brume.

Cyrano Jones
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Cyrano Jones » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:15 pm

Brume, I cant recall 100% but I think thats a protection issue.

Theres only a handful of files so its not likely to be a missing file.

Also, from what I recall the games last level isnt there anyway as it was never on the original.

illegal
Atari Forever

about this

Postby illegal » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:32 am

you know, i used to ensure my cracks work fine by putting a trainer on it and finishing the game during the whole night

therefore i am 99% sure i released a working crack

however i often used to protect my intros. I 'scratched' code from the game, so that it crashes in the game after a long period.
In my intro, i used a code to put back the right code in memory, so that the game works fine.
So people who removed my intros and released the game often released a buggy version of the game.

let me know if this is a crack issue or something else, i'm looking forward to knowing the final answer

Cyrano Jones
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Cyrano Jones » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:50 am

Hi Illegal, can you recall if there was a last lavel?

I trained R2 for this very reason (testing) and the final level just did not appear to be on the floppy. And to make things even more suspicious, the previous level would have been impossible without cheating.

Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Postby Brume » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:08 am

Thanks to you both for the info you gave.

CJ: doesn't the PP version of the game include the last level? There is a level #7 named The Final Confrontation on it. It can be choosen at the beginning and it's playable. I'm maybe wrong, it's probably not the level you speak about...

Illegal: there is no real intro on your version of R2. Maybe the intro was removed. There is just a little text on white screen, then the user has to chose the level option. At least that what I see on both Reanimators #20 and Impact #30. I unpacked all data yesterday night, but the issue is still there. Btw all data are same packed on both disks, so it may match with your original version (unless Reanimators used the packed version by Impact, or vice versa).

I still look for the standalone version of your hack. Will let you know as soon as I get it.

Take care,

Brume.

aktiv8
Atari God
Atari God

Postby aktiv8 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:15 am

The PP version of the game (I've not played the DBug version all the way thorugh etc) has a last level where you fight Kane

You basically crash through several levels of the building before defeating him in the basement or something - just like in the film.

I would assum that this is the last level in light of the film....
>>> Trust me, I'm a Research Chemist.... <<<

Cyrano Jones
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Cyrano Jones » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:21 am

I think I remember that, but it didnt feel like the end of the game, or maybe it just ended.

I recall the "end" was very dodgy tho.

illegal
Atari Forever

Postby illegal » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:58 am

i do not remember as well, sorry

ranx
Atariator
Atariator

Postby ranx » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:43 pm

hello,

in 1990 i've bought the original st version of R2; it's a very very hard game but i've finished this original game after several month and not a crack version. I can say that the confrontation with cain on the building is the last level and after a nice graphic (in fact the movie poster); the confrontation is also the last level on arcade version; I don't know and i can't say if there are a hidden level but is it possible to try to launch this level ?

this history makes me a little think of dragon ninja on amstrad. when you finished the game on K7 you had a banal message "well done" then to start again since the beginning but if you advanced the reading after the last level on K7 you heart a voice digit which said "i' m bad dude"

Atari User
Atari User

Postby 1536 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:17 pm

there is a "last" level. i cracked it for myself, and played at cain.

i will agree with difficulty level. bit tough. :idea:

Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Postby Brume » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:36 pm

up :cry:

I really need to get the original version of Robocop 2 hacked by Illegal (The Replicants)........

I still feel guilty about Reanimators #20 on pacigame :cry:

Sorry to bug everyone with this issue.....

bodkinz

Postby bodkinz » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:31 am

I have a Replicants crack of Robocop 2 ... but, it is credited to Snake.. not Illegal... I guess that isnt the one you are after?
someone post something, i'm bored :)

Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Postby Brume » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:05 am

Nop, that's not the good one but thanks yet for your answer :wink:

The Illegal version offers the choice of the level.

karlm
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby karlm » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:34 am

will check my copy at home. not sure if it is cracked by snake or illegal.

karlm.

Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Postby Brume » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:55 am

karlm wrote:will check my copy at home. not sure if it is cracked by snake or illegal.

karlm.

I cross fingers :)
Tia!

bod/STAX
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby bod/STAX » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:50 pm

There definitly is a last level. It looks completely different to the rest of the game and I think it was ported from the Amiga version.

You take on Cain/Robocop 2 and you fall down through stories of a bulding until you reach the ground.

The end is crap as it's just a picture of the box cover.

EDIT: Just noticed aktiv8 posted basically what I've just written. Should of read through the entire thread. :oops:

Social Media

Return to “Games - Requests”