Skystrike+

Game requests go here.

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, ICS, Doctor Bob Gordon, Moderator Team

Petersen
Atarian
Atarian

Skystrike+

Postby Petersen » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:42 pm

I've been looking for the game Skystrike+ (ie, the Plus version) unsuccesfully. I have Skystrike (it's on automation 258), but can't locate the Plus version.

Does anyone have a copy of this? (I suspect the version on Automation 500Lb might be it, but I can't track down a copy of this disk).

SkylineDave
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby SkylineDave » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:03 am

It was on Automation 500 disk 13 of 15. It was also on Cynix menu disk 3, and attached here :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AKA Megadaz / Black Eagle --- STOS, Dungeon Master and Captive fan!

Proud member of the GameBaseST team.
Founder of the one-man DemoBaseST team!

Showaddywaddy
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Showaddywaddy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:04 am

Yeah, use the Cynix version. The Automation one is corrupt, it will of course be fixed and released on the forthcoming (!) D-Bug/Autom CD.

Shw

Si 1
Atarian
Atarian

Re:

Postby Si 1 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:09 pm

SkylineDave wrote:It was on Automation 500 disk 13 of 15. It was also on Cynix menu disk 3, and attached here :wink:

Hi

Sorry to dredge up such a massively old post. I've wanted a copy of Skystrike+ for years and never been able to find one. I'm gonna apear borerline retarded here, but can you tell me how I get this to work anyone? i.e. what I need to install to be able to play Skystrike+? I've downloaded the win rar file here, but thats as far as I can get.

Cheers hope you can help.

Grunaki
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Re:

Postby Grunaki » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:12 pm

Si 1 wrote:
SkylineDave wrote:It was on Automation 500 disk 13 of 15. It was also on Cynix menu disk 3, and attached here :wink:

Hi

Sorry to dredge up such a massively old post. I've wanted a copy of Skystrike+ for years and never been able to find one. I'm gonna apear borerline retarded here, but can you tell me how I get this to work anyone? i.e. what I need to install to be able to play Skystrike+? I've downloaded the win rar file here, but thats as far as I can get.

Go to:

http://steem.atari.st

and download the STEEM emulator and the UK TOS sets.

Once you've set that up, put the Cynix 3 zip file into your disk images directory, start STEEM and you should be good to go.
Last edited by Grunaki on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thermopylae is now an Enemy Island!

Si 1
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Re:

Postby Si 1 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Grunaki wrote:
Si 1 wrote:

Hi

Go to:

http://steem.atari.st

and download the STEEM emulator.

Once you've set that up, put the Cynix 3 zip file into your disk images directory, start STEEM and you should be good to go.

Ace! thanks muchly fella, I'll give it a go.

Si 1
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Skystrike+

Postby Si 1 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:29 pm

Steem works brilliantly

Thanks very much, I just got a large part of my childhood back!

darklight
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby darklight » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:06 am

Did anyone ever figure out the cheat for skystrike? In the manual it says something like:

There is a cheat mode, but dont worry about it!

Any crackers want to give it a quick peek?
Storm Clouds over the Western Front - my WW1 2D dogfighting game for windows
2D Flight Sims - side scrolling aerial combat games

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:18 am

Do a memory dump within STEEM, save it off and then use a hex-editor to look for the word 'Cheat'? :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

Si 1
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Si 1 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:39 pm

The original I had years ago always used to crash on about level 32 or something similar. You couln't quite get to the end.

ppera

Postby ppera » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:58 pm

darklight wrote:Did anyone ever figure out the cheat for skystrike? In the manual it says something like:

There is a cheat mode, but dont worry about it!

Any crackers want to give it a quick peek?

I seen something different by game launch:
"Hacked by Absu - but who cares? " :mrgreen:

darklight
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby darklight » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:43 am

ppera wrote:I seen something different by game launch:
"Hacked by Absu - but who cares? " :mrgreen:

I've tried typing things at this point, but it seems to just be waiting for a keypress to continue? If you know different, please let me know.

I've been playing with this game recently - today I noticed for the first time that while in the game you can type in "DON'T " (there is a space on the end). If you type in any other characters or you get a single character wrong, a message pops up saying "DON'T CHEAT!" and your plane is crippled.

So its seems this is the method for entering the cheat code, which starts with "DON'T ".

As the doc says "There is a cheat mode, but don't worry about it!" I thought the next lot of characters would be WORRY, but it seems not. In fact I think I've tried all characters A-Z, 0-9, and nothing seems to work. Anyone have any ideas?

darklight
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby darklight » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:48 am

...and now I'm stuck on level 26 - supposed to destroy a cliff gun emplacement, but the target pointer points to somewhere in the middle of the sea. If I do destroy the cliff gun at the eastern cliffs, the mission does not switch to done... :x

pnr8uk
Atariator
Atariator

Postby pnr8uk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:34 pm

The cheat was DON'T PANIC! but it didn't do anything :-(

I had the original bought disk and it too sadly go stuck on the clifftop gun mission and could never get any further.

I even went as far as asking Aaron about this, who was a total gentleman but couldn't shed any light on as to why.

SkyStrike + was here and works a treat with Steem

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~atari1/other.htm

darklight
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby darklight » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:11 am

I've reviewed this game finally, here:

http://www.xbattlestation.com/2dfs/game ... =skystrike

Even though I got stuck on mission 26, I collected loads of fuel & tried to fly as far as I could in either direction. There are loads of other islands to the east it seems, and I found an enemy battleship, and even a friendly aircraft carrier I could land on & take off from via catapult. Couldnt get to the edge of the map in either direction though...

pnr8uk
Atariator
Atariator

Postby pnr8uk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Great review! Loved that game so much. Funny I never thought to do as you say here, load up and explore! I did often destroy targets, airfields etc., well in advance of any missions. Last time I spoke to Aaron he said SkyStrike + often came up in their own discussions along the lines of "we should do something with that again". Would be great if he did.

Grunaki
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Grunaki » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:04 am

pnr8uk wrote:Great review! Loved that game so much. Funny I never thought to do as you say here, load up and explore! I did often destroy targets, airfields etc., well in advance of any missions. Last time I spoke to Aaron he said SkyStrike + often came up in their own discussions along the lines of "we should do something with that again". Would be great if he did.

Other than Jetstrike you mean?

darklight
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby darklight » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:29 am

Grunaki wrote:
pnr8uk wrote:Great review! Loved that game so much. Funny I never thought to do as you say here, load up and explore! I did often destroy targets, airfields etc., well in advance of any missions. Last time I spoke to Aaron he said SkyStrike + often came up in their own discussions along the lines of "we should do something with that again". Would be great if he did.

I played the DOS version of this game on DOSBOX, and didnt like it. It was definatley missing something that Skystrike had. I didnt like the scrolling - you couldnt see more than 1/2 a screen away, whereas in skystrike you didnt really care about anything off screen. Plus the setting seemd a bit too random, and the controls werent too responsive (although that coule have been dosbox).

Or maybe its the fact that I"m biased? :)

Grunaki
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Grunaki » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:39 am

darklight wrote:
Grunaki wrote:

I played the DOS version of this game on DOSBOX, and didnt like it. It was definatley missing something that Skystrike had. I didnt like the scrolling - you couldnt see more than 1/2 a screen away, whereas in skystrike you didnt really care about anything off screen. Plus the setting seemd a bit too random, and the controls werent too responsive (although that coule have been dosbox).

Or maybe its the fact that I"m biased? :)

I had the original DOS version on my 486 DX2 66. I didn't really get that into it either. I just seemed to die every 10 seconds.

Social Media

Return to “Games - Requests”