Game requests go here.

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Le Nécromancien / Ubisoft

Postby dlfrsilver » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:32 pm

Hello,

Please find Le Nécromancien, finally in 2017 :)

In STX format, enjoy !

The protection used by Ubisoft is called Protect, and is not supported right by the CTA analyser so no IPF yet. The dump is not modified.

The whole disk is an 11 sectors format.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Le Nécromancien / Ubisoft

Postby Steven Seagal » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:15 am

Get a "HALT" in Steem.
Did you test your STX files in an emulator?
In the CIA we learned that ST ruled
Steem SSE: http://ataristeven.exxoshost.co.uk/Steem.htm

npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Postby npomarede » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:50 am

Hi
Doesn't work under Hatari either. Do you have the raw .CTR file instead with 5 revolutions ? It's quite possible the STX conversion is wrong.

Nicolas

Steven Seagal
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Steven Seagal » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:15 am

npomarede wrote:Doesn't work under Hatari either.

Of course ;)
In the CIA we learned that ST ruled
Steem SSE: http://ataristeven.exxoshost.co.uk/Steem.htm

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:17 pm

i used the game with steem 3.8.2.

Let me try it with latest steem :)

It doesn't work anymore with Steem 3.9.1

Let's up the CTR file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyac5igj9b5sh ... 29.7z?dl=0
Now SPS France representative since the 19th of June 2014. Proud to be an SPS member !

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby ijor » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Please post the RAW files.

npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Postby npomarede » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:20 pm

The CTR versions work under Hatari using capslibrary. So either it's a bug in the CTR/STX conversion, or the protection is using a scheme not supported by STX current format (for example fuzzy or variable bitcells not in the sectors data but on the rest of the track).
Of course, this is with Hatari own STX implementation, not the official lib from Ijor, so things can be different.

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:41 am

ijor wrote:Please post the RAW files.

I'm not allowed to do that. The CTR file works so that's enough :)

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 am

dlfrsilver wrote:Hello,
Please find Le Nécromancien, finally in 2017 :)
In STX format, enjoy !
The protection used by Ubisoft is called Protect, and is not supported right by the CTA analyser so no IPF yet. The dump is not modified.
The whole disk is an 11 sectors format.

I'm pleased that you "please find" it :mrgreen: Even if it is rated only 27% :D
But protection may be worth of look.
I'm here to discuss. To say what I think, share my experiences. That means not that I will not complain when someone claims that Moon is square. Will complain when someone jumps in without reading carefully what is written. Ah, and don't ask from me something you can self do easily - like search :D

npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Postby npomarede » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:18 am

dlfrsilver wrote:

?! I don't see how posting the CTR could be legal and not the RAW files, postprocessing the file to CTR has nothing to do with the "legalness" of this. Anyway, I don't care ...

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:06 am

Well protected. Was it cracked ever properly ? Because all I see is simple ST copy at gamearchives, and it gives of course message Illegal Copy.
Ah, and it's 10 sectors/track, not 11. 11-th sector is just RNF.
I'm here to discuss. To say what I think, share my experiences. That means not that I will not complain when someone claims that Moon is square. Will complain when someone jumps in without reading carefully what is written. Ah, and don't ask from me something you can self do easily - like search :D

cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby cb » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:30 pm

It was cracked by BOSS back in the days. Terrible game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:32 pm

npomarede wrote:
dlfrsilver wrote:

?! I don't see how posting the CTR could be legal and not the RAW files, postprocessing the file to CTR has nothing to do with the "legalness" of this. Anyway, I don't care ...

The CTR format was made for that (it's a closed format). You can use them, play with them and that's all. With the heavy dump, you can do much more things.

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 pm

AtariZoll wrote:Well protected. Was it cracked ever properly ? Because all I see is simple ST copy at gamearchives, and it gives of course message Illegal Copy.

nope. It's 11 sectors. Not 10 ! sectors are numbered from 01 to 0b.

npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Postby npomarede » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:00 pm

dlfrsilver wrote:
AtariZoll wrote:Well protected. Was it cracked ever properly ? Because all I see is simple ST copy at gamearchives, and it gives of course message Illegal Copy.

I think you didn't understand what AtariZoll wrote : the fact that there're 11 sector headers doesn't mean that there're 11 sectors of data. Having extra sectors without data (11,12, even 255 is possible) can't really be counted as real sectors, it's just here to fool some of the less advanced disk copier softwares on the Atari ST (but some copiers will deal with RNF sector just fine, so the protection is certainly at another level, possibly fuzzy/variable bitcells)

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:02 pm

npomarede wrote:
dlfrsilver wrote:

I think you didn't understand what AtariZoll wrote : the fact that there're 11 sector headers doesn't mean that there're 11 sectors of data. Having extra sectors without data (11,12, even 255 is possible) can't really be counted as real sectors, it's just here to fool some of the less advanced disk copier softwares on the Atari ST (but some copiers will deal with RNF sector just fine, so the protection is certainly at another level, possibly fuzzy/variable bitcells)

Yes of course, but my tool is reporting me 11 sectors per track, never mind the fact that the 11th sector has no data.

The 11th sector of each track is named by Aufit indeed as 'SND Sector with No Data'.

The protection track :

Le Necromancien track 79.0.png.7z.zip

11 sectors tracks.7z.zip

boulie1942
Atarian
Atarian

Postby boulie1942 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:53 am

Hey everybody, I just took a look at the protection.

It was written by our dear Tsunoo. here is the ascii i found

first in the boot sector :

UBI Soft présente LE NECROMANCIEN (c)87.
LE LOGICIEL DONT VOUS ETES LE HEROS
Have a nice day!
PROTECTION made by TSUNOO RHILTY
from
T-he
R-aiders
O-f the
L-ost
L-ock
& Co.
I hope this protection will be good...
Greetingsto: STCS,BOSS,42-crew,TEX,F-16, MMC,WAS NOT WAS,THE COBRA,TNT,TNT crew,CSS,BXC,HCC.
The protection is for you! Not for the little crackers. read: 4E/0A Paris 19.nov

Then Tsunoo left some funy messages along his code

Hello, here is Tsunoo Rhilty. Please fill in the form!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX cracked this software in 999H hours
the protection was XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Greetings to:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Msg for Tsunoo:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DATE: 99/99/87
ADDAPTE PAR Polo V1.2 09/11/1987
THIS IS AN ILLEGAL COPY: Sounding: are you a 1)'cracker' or a 2)'pirat'?
CECI EST UNE COPIE ILLEGALE. SONDAGE: Etes vous un 1)'cracker' ou un 2)'pirate
NICE TRY...I HOPE FOR YOU THAT YOU ARE A GOOD CRACKER...
I hope that you use Procopy! But the result is the same...this prgm does'nt work

the protection is good, it changes from the usual ones.
this one is better imo than the one he wrote for Iron Lord.
B.O.S.S grabbed the good track, saved it, and read it with a simple $3d.
fast and effective.

Cheers.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:55 am

Well, just as expected - our high-level floppy expert dlfrsilver must go in useless discussion, and no chance that we see that he admits that he is wrong.

Sector is complete sector, and not just sector header. If there is only header, then we count it not - simple.
Here is bootsector of Necromancien:
NecroBoot.png

Clearly visible that it is 10 sectors/track, regular FAT12 floppy format. Message to crackers is also interesting :D
Who don't see where is info about sector/track count in bootsector may use Google as help :D Strongly recommended for thread starter.

The real protection is in track 79:
Trk: 79 fl=61 Sectors: 6 #s: 8x2, 8x2, 8x4, 25x135 CRC Ft, 64x68 CRC Ft, 4x5 Ft,
Some very weird sector headers. Ft means fake track. 8x2 means sector #8, 512 bytes. 8x4 would mean sector #8, 2KB, but with WD1772 max is 1KB (3).
Additionally, protection check code is encrypted initially, there is multiple check, so really hard to trace.
What is with DrCoolZic ? He may be interested. Game self is not motivating.

npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Postby npomarede » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:04 am

Funny to see that protection was made by Tsunoo Rhilty, he was one of the first / best cracker in the early ST days :)

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:15 am

npomarede wrote:Funny to see that protection was made by Tsunoo Rhilty, he was one of the first / best cracker in the early ST days :)

Not rare case that companies used services/knowledge of crackers. I seen some releases which were clearly based on cracks - they used ICE packer, and patches of deactivated copy protection are clearly visible. They saves money with it - less disks, and cheaper duplication because no copy protection - what would be really useless in 1992 for some re-release.

npomarede
Atari God
Atari God

Postby npomarede » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:27 am

I remembered I read an interview from Tsunoo and there's also a small homepage from him here http://fredmutter.chez.com/ (in french).
It confirms that he wrote the protection for "The Necromancien" and also a similar one for "Le Manoir du Comte Frozarda", and also that the crack by B.O.S.S. was working.

Nicolas

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:53 am

AtariZoll wrote:Well, just as expected - our high-level floppy expert dlfrsilver must go in useless discussion, and no chance that we see that he admits that he is wrong.

Instead of moaning and talking crap, just go rework your masters of the universe crack, it fails when you reach Skeletor on level 1 !

:lol: :lol:

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:03 am

Yes, attack is the best defense. You went off topic, and of course you are wrong again. It's not my crack. As there stays: "Src. ST img. of crk. "
So, it is based on some crack, I guess because no better src. was available.
Next time, when you find some error rather e-mail me, or write about it on proper place - like on 8bitchip forum. I never said that all there is perfect. Contrary, error reports are welcome. I would like to see all adaptations being tested thoroughly.

dlfrsilver
Atari God
Atari God

Postby dlfrsilver » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:57 pm

AtariZoll wrote:Yes, attack is the best defense. You went off topic, and of course you are wrong again. It's not my crack. As there stays: "Src. ST img. of crk. "
So, it is based on some crack, I guess because no better src. was available.

there was. Kodak80 posted its own dump if i remind well enough quite a while ago.

Next time, when you find some error rather e-mail me, or write about it on proper place - like on 8bitchip forum. I never said that all there is perfect. Contrary, error reports are welcome. I would like to see all adaptations being tested thoroughly.

So you didn't used Kodak80 dump to make it ? Ok then. I thought you were using the fresh dumps to make fresh deprotected release ?

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby AtariZoll » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:46 pm

It is still not on Atarimania. And doing search here for "defenders"gives 0 results. Must be entirely my fault :D
Not to mention that I will go in fixing of it only when get some decent error report.

Social Media

Return to “Games - Requests”