wanted: Mega STE / TT serial port plate 2 x metal fixing blocks

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here. Please use the sub forum if you are posting links to items you've found on ebay.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

Chandler
Atari God
Atari God

wanted: Mega STE / TT serial port plate 2 x metal fixing blocks

Postby Chandler » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:31 am

Does anyone have spare the 2 x fixing blocks that the serial port (or expansion card) mount onto in the Mega STE / TT

These are 2 x small square metal blocks that screw to the metal backing inside the case, the serial port plate then fixes to these blocks

If anyone can help let me know

ICS

Re: wanted: Mega STE / TT serial port plate 2 x metal fixing blocks

Postby ICS » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 pm

I'm quite sure I still have those.
I had a NOVA VME gfx card in my TT back in the day, and thus the serial port plate was hanging down somewhere behind the machine and was not mounted. Where are you located, in terms of shipping fees and things?

Chandler
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Chandler » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:45 pm

Thanks for your help

I'm in the UK

SoundDoctor
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby SoundDoctor » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:31 pm

ICS wrote:I'm quite sure I still have those.
I had a NOVA VME gfx card in my TT back in the day, and thus the serial port plate was hanging down somewhere behind the machine and was not mounted. Where are you located, in terms of shipping fees and things?

I hate to rain on Chandlers parade but are you sure you needed to remove those blocks to fit a NOVA graphics card back in the day?

I had my TT stripped down to take the main board out the other day and those mounting blocks remain in situ even if you remove the serial plate or other VME card ( I have Matrix coCo in there). They are captive behind the VME slot and are bolted into the chassis using four screws. The only reason to remove them is if you are completely removing the VME guide slot metalwork. I can't imagine you needed to do that to fit the Nova card.

Maybe you did though so I'll shut up now.
TT030 10mb/16mb/1Gb, Coco. Falcon 030 Stock 14mb (Lynxman), 1Gb CF. Falcon 030 Stock 14mb (Atari) 170mb IDE. Mega 1 big button (mash up badged Mega 4) 4mb (home cooked RAM upgrade) ICD ADSpeed ST OverScan. Mega 2 big button (4mb), Mega 1 small button (4mb home cooked 72pin SIMM slot), 520 STe (SIPPs), 520 STFM (4mb using a Falcon 4mb board + Blitter).

SoundDoctor
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby SoundDoctor » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:36 pm

TT030 10mb/16mb/1Gb, Coco. Falcon 030 Stock 14mb (Lynxman), 1Gb CF. Falcon 030 Stock 14mb (Atari) 170mb IDE. Mega 1 big button (mash up badged Mega 4) 4mb (home cooked RAM upgrade) ICD ADSpeed ST OverScan. Mega 2 big button (4mb), Mega 1 small button (4mb home cooked 72pin SIMM slot), 520 STe (SIPPs), 520 STFM (4mb using a Falcon 4mb board + Blitter).

ICS

Postby ICS » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:36 pm

Looking at the auction, those are the two metallic blocks I have lying around here.
I am not even sure anymore why I removed them, this was approx 1997 so my memory is clouded :)

http://www.pustan.com/test/mste-tt_1.jpg

Send me a private message if you want them.

Chandler
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Chandler » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:31 pm

Am still looking for these items...

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”