Truckload of Atari Stuff: Falcons, Monitors, etc

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

practica
Atarian
Atarian

Truckload of Atari Stuff: Falcons, Monitors, etc

Postby practica » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Hi,

An elderly friend of mine, whom I met at the Vantari (Vancouver, BC, Canada) Users Group back in the 1990's, has dropped all his Atari stuff on me. I've been carrying it around for about 4 years, as I was on the move in an RV trailer, but would like to sell it off now as I have no place to set it up.

There are two Falcon030's, both with 14mb RAM upgrade. One is in stock case, the other is in a custom Tower case (very unusual).
There are external SyQuest drives, some software, complete Falcon Audio software with the Digital Interface and dongle.
There are two monitors: SM124, and SC1435.
There's an Atari Portfolio, with accessories.
And many cables, CDROM software, etc.

It will be expensive to ship from Canada, and I'm on Vancouver Island, so going across the US border is not really feasible. So some of this stuff may not be worthwhile.

I've set up a web page with pictures: http://www.practicatechnical.com/atari-for-sale (contact info is on the website also).

I can run transactions through eBay/PayPal if you like. I have a 1000+ positive feedback on eBay (user: frank-zimmerman).

mzry
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Truckload of Atari Stuff: Falcons, Monitors, etc

Postby mzry » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:13 am

I'd like Cubase Audio Falcon for sure! I sent a msg on your website.
Falcon ct63e 060 - 256mb ram - phantom bus and dsp accel // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - SCSI2SD - Lightning VME - USB LAN - Ati Mach64

damanloox
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby damanloox » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Sent message about falcon and Cubase

practica
Atarian
Atarian

Postby practica » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:42 am

Folks,

Some of you have PM'd me. I can't answer these, as I've only posted once, and don't have the privilege yet to respond to PM's.

I'm hoping to get around $1000 (CDN) for each Falcon. The more things that are purchased with it, the more the price can go down. Time is worth more than money to me, so the less time I have to spend weighing, pricing, and packaging, the more flexible the price will be. Putting 20 items in a big box and sending it off takes much less time that sending 20 individual packages!

Also, for some of these items, I have no idea what a reasonable price would be, so feel free to write me with an offer.

I've also had one offer from a person who offered to drive here and take the whole lot. I will give this precedence, but I have yet to hear back from him.

I'll keep track of everyone who's emailed me, but remember, I can't do PM's at this time. Thanks!

mzry
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mzry » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:40 am

that's really sad to hear, its like youre teasing us. Ive been looking for a copy of cubase audio for years without any luck and what youre saying is you'll only consider selling it if I buy everything in one go? People arent millionares you know... :(
Falcon ct63e 060 - 256mb ram - phantom bus and dsp accel // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - SCSI2SD - Lightning VME - USB LAN - Ati Mach64

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:53 am

@mzry: pm sent.
Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

mpattonm
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mpattonm » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:11 am

How much for SC1435?

ranix
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby ranix » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:43 pm

not going to consider buying a huge lot for $1000+ from someone I don't know who isn't a member of this community and only has 2 posts

have you considered ebay

Dew-It
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Dew-It » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:58 pm

I wonder if the whole lot got picked up or not? That would answer the question if he is still going to sell items individually or not? Which we all want too know.
Have you played Atari Today?

Bikerbob
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Bikerbob » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:45 pm

Contacted the guy - all of this.. the lot is sold.

James

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:48 pm

Hope that the buyer makes good use of it all.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

practica
Atarian
Atarian

Postby practica » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:38 pm

Just to confirm what James said, I just sent the whole lot to the owner of the vintagecomputer.ca website.

I am sorry to those who were disappointed. I would gladly have parted the lot out, and would have made more money, but I simply have nowhere to store the stuff. I'm living in a small RV trailer (8 ft x 26ft with NO slides) with my son, and had the Atari stuff at a computer store I was working at. The shop closed, so it was all in the back of my truck, along with other things I need. Every time you need to pull something from the truck it means crawling in, hauling out half a dozen bins and suitcases, just to get the item you want. And if it's raining...

To part it all out would have taken months, and with no way to easily weigh the items it would have meant pulling boxes and bags out of the back of the truck, hauling them to a nearby post office, and giving quotes for every single item or group of items. I would have done that if I had to, but finding a buyer who would take the whole lot saved me a lot of time and effort.

On the upside, perhaps the software will eventually be shared publicly via the vintagecomputer website.

Again, I apologize to those who were disappointed. I was once an Atari collector too.

Dew-It
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Dew-It » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:49 am

I wonder if the buyer wants to sell any of that stuff.
Have you played Atari Today?

Bikerbob
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Bikerbob » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:53 am

Would not hold my breath, went to one of these retro computer museum people. My guess this stuff will shelf queen and never see the light of day until this guy passes and its again moved on to the next people.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:05 am

that's what i afraid would happen :-(
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI

snuci
Atarian
Atarian

Postby snuci » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:29 am

That buyer would be me. My plan is to scan all of the docs and make the software images available (if there are no copyright issues). There is a lot of archive media and I'd like to explore it and see if any of it is publicly consumable (no personal files will be made available except to practica, if he'd like them).

I have no plans to sell as I'd like to get the systems back up as they were and documented. I won't rule it selling something at one point in time but let me get a shot at playing with it a little first :) I am a "museum person" but it's not a bad thing. A little history on the net will give you guys some pictures to look at and others who may be interested in Atari history. I have a few Atari systems but nothing special. I only have about 10% of my collection on the site so it might be a bit before I can get to it. But I will.

Bama
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Bama » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:13 am

Snuci, thanks for sharing and contributing to the collective archives.
:-)
BAMA

calimero
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby calimero » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:20 am

I just want to post commenct that vintagecomputer.ca does not have Atari section... :)

but as snuci wrote here, I am sure it will get :)

nice site btw!
using Atari since 1986.http://wet.atari.orghttp://milan.kovac.cc/atari/software/ ・ Atari Falcon030/CT63/SV ・ Atari STe ・ Atari Mega4/MegaFile30/SM124 ・ Amiga 1200/PPC ・ Amiga 500 ・ C64 ・ ZX Spectrum ・ RPi ・ MagiC! ・ MiNT 1.18 ・ OS X

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Thanks for sharing your plans.
Hope you will put some useful "stuff" for us to use.

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”