Best Electronics

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

TheMilford
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: Best Electronics

Postby TheMilford » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:35 am

I'm trying to place an order with him but have not heard back.

tuf
Atariator
Atariator

Postby tuf » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:33 am

I had a successful order about 3 weeks ago. Make sure you order through their web process - I've had no problems with straight up orders.

jd
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jd » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:06 am

From their website :

Because of the big volume of Spam E-Mails we receive everyday, we had to install E-Mail Spam filters on our server. When sending an E-Mail to Best, Please put the word "Atari", Atari item or Atari part number, Atari Question or Atari Sales inquiry in the Subject line. E-Mails with the typical Spam subject matter like: Urgent, Must read, Regarding, FWD, HTML Code, Blank subject line (RE:) or other SPAM E-Mail Subject lines you receive, will be automatically deleted on our E-Mail Server and never reach us.

After sending your E-Mail to us, if you do not hear back from us within a day or less, please resend your E-Mail inquiry with a different Subject matter information or from a different E-Mail address. We do 100% respond to every Atari E-Mail we receive. But sometimes Spam Filters on your Internet Service Provider or your own personal E-Mail Spam software filter you have installed may delete or send our return Atari E-Mail to your Trash can.

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:23 am

jd wrote:From their website :

Because of the big volume of Spam E-Mails we receive everyday, we had to install E-Mail Spam filters on our server. When sending an E-Mail to Best, Please put the word "Atari", Atari item or Atari part number, Atari Question or Atari Sales inquiry in the Subject line. E-Mails with the typical Spam subject matter like: Urgent, Must read, Regarding, FWD, HTML Code, Blank subject line (RE:) or other SPAM E-Mail Subject lines you receive, will be automatically deleted on our E-Mail Server and never reach us.

After sending your E-Mail to us, if you do not hear back from us within a day or less, please resend your E-Mail inquiry with a different Subject matter information or from a different E-Mail address. We do 100% respond to every Atari E-Mail we receive. But sometimes Spam Filters on your Internet Service Provider or your own personal E-Mail Spam software filter you have installed may delete or send our return Atari E-Mail to your Trash can.

I think I've tried all of the options mentioned above. :) The only remaining options is to let someone else write on my behalf from his account. :D

Anyway, running business with that kind of restrictions can mean only one thing... you have a monopoly in your industry. :)

P.S. Just to be clear, I'd had a semi-regular contact with him, from my gmail account, typing in html, doing REs etc and everything was OK. And then suddenly he stopped responding. Tried numerous follow ups, different domain, plain text, Atari in subject... nope.

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Postby leech » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:57 pm

I kind of wonder if there are some issues with gmail. I never use it myself, but I've been trying to contact a guy through gmail for months now to get something I ordered from him, and he just stopped responding to me, but he responds to others just fine. Though to be fair, I DID try one of my other email accounts, but still no response.
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

TheMilford
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby TheMilford » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:36 pm

tuf wrote:I had a successful order about 3 weeks ago. Make sure you order through their web process - I've had no problems with straight up orders.

What is their web process? I thought it was simply sending an e-mail with part numbers.

viking272
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby viking272 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:59 am

mikro wrote:Well, I haven't seen a reply from him since February... (tried several times during the year, nothing).

I noticed this on the Best Electronics site regarding emailing them:

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:48 pm

Yes, I'm aware of that. I think he must have either some weird spam filters in use or a total mess in his email client. For instance, just for fun, I tried to write him under a different name (and email). And behold! Got a reply within a day. Ordered some things, asked him how much to pay (after 3-4 emails back and forth, mind you!) - silence. To this day I haven't received a reply to this *other* email account.

I can't find a reasonable explanation but I'm sure as hell not going to buy/recommend to buy anything ever from him.

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Postby leech » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:01 pm

mikro wrote:Yes, I'm aware of that. I think he must have either some weird spam filters in use or a total mess in his email client. For instance, just for fun, I tried to write him under a different name (and email). And behold! Got a reply within a day. Ordered some things, asked him how much to pay (after 3-4 emails back and forth, mind you!) - silence. To this day I haven't received a reply to this *other* email account.

I can't find a reasonable explanation but I'm sure as hell not going to buy/recommend to buy anything ever from him.

Weird, over the years I've bought quite a few things from him (even got a replacement clip to the JagCD lid since mine had broken many years ago from overuse of the VLM!)

Then again I also have an email server that I control 100% so if I get any rejections I can see exactly why. Though to be fair once it's delivered if a destination server decides it's spam/virus then it'll just disappear for most people.

I have suggested (as I'm sure others have) that he update the website and get a proper shopping cart. But I understand that's hard to do based on the warehouse of crap he has. I bet there is some random stuff he doesn't even know he has. He had to verify the JagCD part was there, and I think he ended up just making up 6 bucks as the price. It's crap like that which I should get a 3D printer for....
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

Wayne123
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Wayne123 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:56 pm

I have just called him to order stuff, with IP phone service calls are free for me.
1040 STF, Mega STE 2, UltraSatan,HXC Floppy emulator, MiST, FPGA Arcade, plus Amigas, NeXT and some PPC Macs.

leech
Atari God
Atari God

Postby leech » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:44 pm

Wayne123 wrote:I have just called him to order stuff, with IP phone service calls are free for me.

Ha, I had set up a mini Asterisk server years ago with a free sip account, then they disappeared, then it was a google... something account... then I just gave up and use a cell phone.

Wayne123
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Wayne123 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:50 am

I have an Ooma device now, used to use an Obihai setup before, I have to pay something like $3.84 for local taxes and I think part of that is for 911 service. I do have pretty expensive Internet service where I live so I still pay someone, can't wait till they get to my area with the 1Gb service, it will be cheaper than the $99 a month I pay now for 10Mb down and 1Mb up service.
1040 STF, Mega STE 2, UltraSatan,HXC Floppy emulator, MiST, FPGA Arcade, plus Amigas, NeXT and some PPC Macs.

Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Rustynutt » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:21 pm

Made a phone order yesterday no problem. Think it's just timing :)

Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Rustynutt » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 pm

Rustynutt wrote:Made a phone order yesterday no problem. Think it's just timing :)

And package arrived next day, order complete!
Thanks Brad, if you ever get to the forum :)

Hint, if you order something that would fit inside an empty Field Service binder, order As couple for $5. Makes for great protection.

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”