WANTED: Crazy Dots or better VME card for TT

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

elrnsd
Atarian
Atarian

WANTED: Crazy Dots or better VME card for TT

Postby elrnsd » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a Crazy Dots / Crazy Dots II video card or better for a TT 030. Also I am looking for a way to connect a TT 030 to my network and get on the internet for web browsing. Excuse me for being a "newbie" but I am returning to the Atari scene after being away for 20 years.

Just talked to a buddy of mine who has been storing my old TT 030 for the past 20 years, and it's time to return her to life and enjoy all things Atari again!

Any help would be appreciated. Again, it's been 20 years, so I have a LOT of catching up to do with the Atari world. So glad to see there is a community for this still. I'm amazed at what has been accomplished since I have been away.

Regards,
Eric / Richmond VA, USA

EmpireAndrew
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: WANTED: Crazy Dots or better VME card for TT

Postby EmpireAndrew » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:46 pm

I use a NetUSBee to connect my TT to my home network and thus the internet.
Took a couple of weeks to arrive from Poland:

http://www.lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=73
1977 VCS Heavy Sixxer (Boxed)
1990 Atari 1040STE, 4MB, UltraSatan, TOS 2.06, TT Touch -> Atari SC1435 Colour CRT Monitor
1991 Atari TT030, 2/64MB, Int 8GB Gigafile SCSI2CF, TOS 3.06, CaTTamaran Accelerator -> Atari TTM195 19" Mono CRT Monitor
1993 Atari Falcon030, 14MB, Int 4GB IDE2SD, TOS 4.04 -> Atari PTC1426 Color CRT Monitor
Amiga, Mac, DOS, Newton, SGI, Sun, NeXTStation and more!

elrnsd
Atarian
Atarian

Postby elrnsd » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:03 pm

EmpireAndrew,

Thanks for the tip. I've seen some of his stuff and his name comes up a lot. I will give it a shot and see. :)

Bikerbob
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Bikerbob » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Well VME adaptors are available on Ebay from FRANK.. here on the forum.

About $90 or so US, and then you need an ATI mach32 or ET4000 video card.. the later are much easier but give you less resolutions than the Mach32.

In total for under $150 you should be able to get the video end up and running.

The networking thing.. and if you have been out of it period .. would have been a CosmosEX .. but you will have to try and find one used at least until a new manufacturer can be found. Great little device that atached to a Pi3 gives you HDD Floppy Network (wired and wifi) USB Keyboards and Mouse. Allows you to use USB sticks as translated HDD.. great device. Was about $100 us when sold. There is a thread dedicated to it here.

James

Moulinaie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Moulinaie » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:59 pm

elrnsd wrote:Hello,

I'm looking for a Crazy Dots / Crazy Dots II video card or better for a TT 030. Also I am looking for a way to connect a TT 030 to my network and get on the internet for web browsing.

Hi,

have a look at my pages, you'll find several configurations based on a TT and graphic card + Internet:

http://gtello.pagesperso-orange.fr/patt_e.htm

Or...

http://gtello.pagesperso-orange.fr/myaestt_e.htm

Guillaume.

elrnsd
Atarian
Atarian

Postby elrnsd » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:24 pm

Thanks again guys for pointing me in these directions. I will keep my eyes out. Nice to see there is still an Atari community out there!

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”