[SOLD]: Falcon (14MB/FPU/NVRAM/1GB CF) with new Box

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

Robson
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

[SOLD]: Falcon (14MB/FPU/NVRAM/1GB CF) with new Box

Postby Robson » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:30 pm

All details in listing. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/162440027365?
Last edited by Robson on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------
http://www.tercsirobi.byethost14.com

10p6
Atari User
Atari User

Re: FS: Falcon (14MB/FPU/NVRAM/1GB CF) with new Box

Postby 10p6 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Robson wrote:All details in listing. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/162440027365?

I wish just the box and insert was for sale :-)
Are you ready to 'PlayOne', and new 5200 and Jaguar controller coming soon.

http://www.facebook.com/10psix
http://www.youtube.com/10p6

Robson
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Robson » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Sorry I only have one set left, that's the one I kept for myself.

Robson
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Robson » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Here is a hdd for it as well:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/162440063328?

EvilFranky
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby EvilFranky » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 pm

Why not offer it to the community at a decent price before eBay?

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:41 pm

EvilFranky wrote:Why not offer it to the community at a decent price before eBay?

Come on... what community? I could vouch for maybe 10-15 members of this forum that they are true Atari enthusiasts and are not going to relist it on eBay next month.

Robson
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Robson » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 pm

I think it is better this way. There will be endless arguments about what is a decent price for a falcon like this.
This way if anybody wants to buy can go and punch the numbers in they think this falcon worth.
If reserve wont' met that means I misjudged the value but I will not give away this machine under a certain price, in my current financial situation.

BoNuS
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby BoNuS » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:04 am

I agree with Robson, also in the FB group there is always a lot to do about prices. I tried it 3 times with different models of computers, "just make me a offer" and then no one comes. Or in the end you get such a low offer that it was a waste of time. But when you ask what is this worth then suddenly you hear the numbers you want to hear and the several people start to complain that is way to high. Yet these are the numbers they really sell for. Everybody seems to be waiting for a bargain and unless you want to throw away money E-bay (and I'm not a big fan of that at all !) is you best option...

I sold last week an TT and a Mega STE for really low prices just because I also bought them for nice money and I don't need to make huge money, but I also want to buy new stuff or expansions on my machines and these aren't cheap.
http://bonus.home.xs4all.nl/
2 x Falcon 030 - a mint Atari TT - Mega STE - 2x STE - 1x Mega 2 - 2x STFM - 1 x STF - 3x SC1224 - 2x SM124 - 1x SM125 2x Portofolio+interface
- 3x 1435 monitor - 1 x Ult.Ripper cardridge - Mega 1,2,and 4 ( just to much Atari stuff)

EvilFranky
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby EvilFranky » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:12 am

mikro wrote:Come on... what community? I could vouch for maybe 10-15 members of this forum that they are true Atari enthusiasts and are not going to relist it on eBay next month.

I sold my Falcon on here for a reasonable price and to a developer. My point is, why not try first then eBay if there is no success.

BoNuS wrote:I agree with Robson, also in the FB group there is always a lot to do about prices. I tried it 3 times with different models of computers, "just make me a offer" and then no one comes. Or in the end you get such a low offer that it was a waste of time. But when you ask what is this worth then suddenly you hear the numbers you want to hear and the several people start to complain that is way to high. Yet these are the numbers they really sell for. Everybody seems to be waiting for a bargain and unless you want to throw away money E-bay (and I'm not a big fan of that at all !) is you best option...

I sold last week an TT and a Mega STE for really low prices just because I also bought them for nice money and I don't need to make huge money, but I also want to buy new stuff or expansions on my machines and these aren't cheap.

The problem here is that you wanted people to make you the offer. No other forums I use, that allow the sale of items like this, allow 'make me an offer', you are always expected to state the selling price.

You're experienced enough to have a good idea of what an Atari machine is worth roughly. Historically there are old for sale posts, old eBay listings and obviously you know how much you paid for items in the first instance. They can be used to gauge an accurate estimate of what an item is worth.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:14 am

Exchange rate for Sterling pounds is pretty low now.
Hope you reach the 1K target.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Robson
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Robson » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:36 am

I paid 60.000 HUF for this falcon back in 2006. It's 168 gbp today.

It is nice what you say and agree (most of the stuff I sold in the past started here and Amibay) but my bank statement at the moment doesn't give a damn about atari community. It might not be nice to hear but this sale is about money not happiness, otherwise I'd keep it.

BoNuS
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby BoNuS » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:41 am

EvilFranky wrote:
mikro wrote:Come on... what community? I could vouch for maybe 10-15 members of this forum that they are true Atari enthusiasts and are not going to relist it on eBay next month.

I sold my Falcon on here for a reasonable price and to a developer. My point is, why not try first then eBay if there is no success.

BoNuS wrote:I agree with Robson, also in the FB group there is always a lot to do about prices. I tried it 3 times with different models of computers, "just make me a offer" and then no one comes. Or in the end you get such a low offer that it was a waste of time. But when you ask what is this worth then suddenly you hear the numbers you want to hear and the several people start to complain that is way to high. Yet these are the numbers they really sell for. Everybody seems to be waiting for a bargain and unless you want to throw away money E-bay (and I'm not a big fan of that at all !) is you best option...

The problem here is that you wanted people to make you the offer. No other forums I use, that allow the sale of items like this, allow 'make me an offer', you are always expected to state the selling price.

You're experienced enough to have a good idea of what an Atari machine is worth roughly. Historically there are old for sale posts, old eBay listings and obviously you know how much you paid for items in the first instance. They can be used to gauge an accurate estimate of what an item is worth.

How is that different from E-Bay, you have a certain amount in thought you're willing to spend / think it is worth to you and that's the price you offer. Most of the time you put that in as an auto bid and see what happens. So if you make an offer, that's the same thing to me and often enough I take it as long as it doesn't cost me money.
2 x Falcon 030 - a mint Atari TT - Mega STE - 2x STE - 1x Mega 2 - 2x STFM - 1 x STF - 3x SC1224 - 2x SM124 - 1x SM125 2x Portofolio+interface
- 3x 1435 monitor - 1 x Ult.Ripper cardridge - Mega 1,2,and 4 ( just to much Atari stuff)

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:50 am

EvilFranky wrote:

I've sold some stuff here to "enthusiasts" for a very reasonable price, just to see them resell it on AmiBay the next week for double the price.
Jo Even

Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

BoNuS
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby BoNuS » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:37 am

joska wrote:
EvilFranky wrote:

I've sold some stuff here to "enthusiasts" for a very reasonable price, just to see them resell it on AmiBay the next week for double the price.

That really sucks. But that's what I also stated by the TT and Mega STE, make them to good use and then you can have them for that price :)

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:43 am

BoNuS wrote:That really sucks. But that's what I also stated by the TT and Mega STE, make them to good use and then you can have them for that price :)

That was what I told by the buyers as well ;)

Nowadays I rarely sell stuff, and when I do I sell to people I know and trust. I have no wish to inflate prices by selling to speculators.
Jo Even

Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

EmpireAndrew
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby EmpireAndrew » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:19 pm

joska wrote:
EvilFranky wrote:

That is seriously uncool of them... :evil:
1977 VCS Heavy Sixxer (Boxed)
1990 Atari 1040STE, 4MB, UltraSatan, TOS 2.06, TT Touch -> Atari SC1435 Colour CRT Monitor
1991 Atari TT030, 2/64MB, Int 8GB Gigafile SCSI2CF, TOS 3.06, CaTTamaran Accelerator -> Atari TTM195 19" Mono CRT Monitor
1993 Atari Falcon030, 14MB, Int 4GB IDE2SD, TOS 4.04 -> Atari PTC1426 Color CRT Monitor
Amiga, Mac, DOS, Newton, SGI, Sun, NeXTStation and more!

EmpireAndrew
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby EmpireAndrew » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:28 pm

EvilFranky wrote:The problem here is that you wanted people to make you the offer. No other forums I use, that allow the sale of items like this, allow 'make me an offer', you are always expected to state the selling price.

Agreed.
I *hate* make me an offer type posts.
It smells like a scam to get the unwary to offer more than you thought you'd get.
If someone makes an offer and refuse it because it is less than the X you'd accept, then just say, for sale price is X.

The only reason not to do that is to hopefully get more than X.

It's fine, everyone is welcome to do as they please but let's not pretend that it's some kind of moral high ground vs the ones who pretend to want something as an enthusiast and then flip it on ebay. On a moral level it's the same.

When I sell something I list it at the price I will accept.

When I buy, I always go for the Buy It Now not silly auctions unless I have no other choice.
And I don't use auto-bid, I snipe at the last 2-3 seconds with the max price I am prepared to pay.

As for buy-it-now with offers, I make an offer based on what I feel it's worth and thus what I am prepared to pay.
The asking price doesn't come into that. If that means offering 50% or even 25% of the But It Now, I do.
Example: Someone wanted $60 for a 28k modem because it was new in box. I offered them $10. They accepted.
If they had given me an attitude about it I'd have pointed out that it's 2017 and almost no-one is buying 28k modems, new in box or otherwise.

Same goes for people who paid a lot of money for something 20 years ago.
It's 20 years ago and it's technology. If you paid $800 for your CRT in 2017 that doesn't mean it's worth $200 now.
Almost no-one wants them. It's sad, but that's technology.

All that said...

This is a straight ebay auction and bets of luck with it! You don't owe and forum first dibs!

(but a low start and a hidden reserve, really? Why not just start it at the reserve? It could be set to $5,000 and that just wastes everybody's time for days.. Sorry, generic ebay rant, lol!)
1990 Atari 1040STE, 4MB, UltraSatan, TOS 2.06, TT Touch -> Atari SC1435 Colour CRT Monitor
1991 Atari TT030, 2/64MB, Int 8GB Gigafile SCSI2CF, TOS 3.06, CaTTamaran Accelerator -> Atari TTM195 19" Mono CRT Monitor
1993 Atari Falcon030, 14MB, Int 4GB IDE2SD, TOS 4.04 -> Atari PTC1426 Color CRT Monitor

Robson
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Robson » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:43 pm

EmpireAndrew wrote:(but a low start and a hidden reserve, really? Why not just start it at the reserve? It could be set to $5,000 and that just wastes everybody's time for days.. Sorry, generic ebay rant, lol!)

I did that before, try this form of auction now for the first time. But also, starting an auction from a reserve you might end up with no bids, but this way I can revise the auction and able to remove the reserve..so can turn into a real sale if I want to.

HINT: reserve is not a 4 digit number.

Orion_
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Orion_ » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:02 pm

£511.00 Reserve not met

crazy
5 years from now, I bought my Falcon 300€ and I though it was pretty expensive, some people had one for 100€
now it's 500€ for a bare falcon, it's skyrocketing like Apple 1
even bare STe are selling 100€ to 200€ when I got one for 20€...
I hope it's a bubble that will pop sooner or later ..

10p6
Atari User
Atari User

Postby 10p6 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:21 pm

Orion_ wrote:£511.00 Reserve not met

crazy
5 years from now, I bought my Falcon 300€ and I though it was pretty expensive, some people had one for 100€
now it's 500€ for a bare falcon, it's skyrocketing like Apple 1
even bare STe are selling 100€ to 200€ when I got one for 20€...
I hope it's a bubble that will pop sooner or later ..

Here in the USA they seem to be expensive. I actually paid near $800 for mine in early 2011 for a stock Falcon. I guess in Europe more are available thus reducing the cost of them.
Are you ready to 'PlayOne', and new 5200 and Jaguar controller coming soon.

http://www.facebook.com/10psix
http://www.youtube.com/10p6

EmpireAndrew
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby EmpireAndrew » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:58 pm

I argued in a previous thread about the value of Falcon's, which were $1500-$2400 at the time, maybe 3 months ago?

But I bought one for $800 (with a dead original HDD as far as I can tell, I haven't had chance to look at it) and in dirty condition but otherwise working perfectly as far as I know. And in my opinion that's still over paying. But it's only my opinion.

Hopefully the seller gets a lot for this one, good luck to him.
I feel happier seeing them sell at high prices than just sitting there endlessly re-listed at high prices.

Rustynutt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: [SOLD]: Falcon (14MB/FPU/NVRAM/1GB CF) with new Box

Postby Rustynutt » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Some of you wouldn't do well in the classic car market in the U.S.....

For the (very) few here looking for a deal, and have financial problems enough to have to consider a forum deal of $1200 over an eBay sale of $1700, couple things to consider.
Not that this can't be done as quickly on a forum,
regardless, eBay is a done deal as soon as either the auction ends, or a buyer presses buy it now. Immediate payment, shipping is automatically calculated, insurance added. Seller HAS to ship, unlike the Falcon deal that went very bad for a forum buyer here a few years back.
Here's an example of a Falcon I listed 2 years ago with a make offer of $200 less than listing price. A buyer messaged, a bit perturb the "make offer" price was only $200 below asking, stating he wanted to get some kind of deal. So, in that case, $200 wasn't what he considered a deal.
Now if you really want to swap things around, what gets under my soldering iron is the currency exchange cost. I've traveled to Europe on several occasions, something costing 1UKP or 1€ is relative to something costing $1 here. The same item in Europe cost 20% more to purchase for me when buying say, even a good deal on the forum. When Europeans come to vacation in the US, they act like they are in Mexico due to the exchange rate. It's the opposite feeling for me when purchasing, even on the forum, for a "fair price" sale.
eBay tends to equalize that out. While US buyers of US items will likely spend more, they know the other option is to pay much more shipping cost, and shipping risk from overseas than a "local" purchase.
So, as eBay can intervene in not as described or non working items advertised as working and hold funds in a dispute resolution in the us, they do not on overseas sales, especially if PayPal is or cannot be used as payment.
So, from countries with higher base currency value are awfoul of eBay prices, remember you're still getting a %20 discount when purchasing from a seller in the US.
Maybe US sellers should start listing items in UKP, you'll get the idea. Of course, there is still the matter of eBay protection, shipping cost and insurance from point of sale.

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”