Optical Mouse Wanted

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here. Please use the sub forum if you are posting links to items you've found on ebay.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

Decky
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Optical Mouse Wanted

Postby Decky » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:32 pm

I went to hunt out my Atari STe to play around with and realised I sold the only mouse I had with an Atari STe I sold some time ago. I am now looking to buy one of those kits I can solder the wires from an old optical PS/2 mouse. I did see USB to Atari http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-New-MKIV-Amiga-Atari-USB-mouse-adapter-converter-with-mode-switch-jumpers-/121413700949?hash=item1c44d20d55:g:XWsAAOSwEK9T8exSboards for sale, but that's not what I'm looking. Does anyone know if there are being sold by Atari Forum members?

Thanks
Atari STe 4Mb with TOS 1.62 / 2.06 Switchable, thanks to Techie Alison. UltraSatan, CosmosEx, Gotek

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: Optical Mouse Wanted

Postby czietz » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:40 pm

Does it have to be a ready made PCB? I once released schematic and firmware for such adapter, but I didn't bother making a proper PCB, using stripboard instead for installing it into an optical mouse:

Other persons that also built this dispensed with the board altogether, soldering wires and components directly to the microcontroller's pins.

MiggyMog
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby MiggyMog » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:30 pm

The km tech adaptors work well too.
('< o o o o |''| STM,2xSTFM,2xSTE+HD,C-Lab Falcon MK2+HD,Satandisk,Ultrasatandisk,Ethernat.

grobda
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby grobda » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:54 pm

you can rewire an e-cheetah ps2 optical mouse without any extra components

https://www.ballicom.co.uk/-ms-04-ps2-.p886897.html

desolder the ps2 cable and use two of the 4 pins;

vc-5v
vs-GND

solder rmb and lmb to appropriate switch pins - ie the pins that don't share a common connection and whose traces lead to the black blob on the PCB. NB the common pins do not have continuity to ground.

solder xa,xb,ya,yb to pins of the PAN 101 optical sensor chip;

YA - 17
YB - 15
XA - 14
XB - 12

NB: I used a broken logic3 mouse to donate the 9-pin cable and took the wire labels from that but this should work fine with an atari mouse, if your axes are flipped just swap the paired wires. I've also used one for an archimedes and there's no reason why it shouldn't work with an amiga or any other quadrature based mouse. obviously the scroll wheel has no function

*I take no responsibility if you buy one of these and the internal components of the mouse have changed :P

Sturm
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Sturm » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:45 pm

I have the adapter you mentioned with a Logitech Mx518 on my Falcon. Works flawlessly. It is supposed to work on Amiga too with a dongle change, but never managed to make it work.

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”