surely this has to be an ebay pi$$ take

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here. Please use the sub forum if you are posting links to items you've found on ebay.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

Chandler
Atari God
Atari God

surely this has to be an ebay pi$$ take

Postby Chandler » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:28 pm

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Re: surely this has to be an ebay pi$$ take

Postby Mug UK » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Certainly looks like it .. ha! Might consider it if it was £5 inc p & p :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

techie_alison
Administrator
Administrator

Postby techie_alison » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Of course it is, they think that they've got something that'll be on Antiques Roadshow. Ebay has unfortunately turned into something of a joke. I remember it a few years back when it was fantastic. What they've done is to drive out all of the small hobby sellers. Like, if you sell something for 99p now, it costs you more in fees.

There are bargains to be had, REAL bargains, from the small sellers who are still trying it out. And I feel really sorry for them. The thing is that alot of the competing traditional buyers have disappeared. Saying that though, it's good for the FreeAds (yellow paper) and Exchange & Mart, who had originally lost out to Ebay all those years ago.

There are others;

ATARI ST MOUSE, IN USED BUT GOOD CONDITION, SLIGHT YELLOWING /A BIT DIRTY

£20 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-ATARI-ST- ... 240%3A1318

MFM HARD DRIVE

£195 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/64MB-MFM-HARD-DRI ... 240%3A1318
If I don't answer or appear to have forgotton then email again, I'm scatty! :)

http://www.logicsays.com/ = Updated Site
http://www.logicsays.com/index1 = Older Site (with more Atari)

Chandler
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Chandler » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:40 pm

never seen a mouse go for that much it really is stupid i just cannot believe what some people will pay

and as for £195 for an MFM hard drive! i just hope the person who sold me one for £1 last year doesn't see it! :wink:

spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Postby spiny » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:55 pm

blimey, I need to up my prices :D

£200 for an old scsi disk ?

I've thrown away about £5ks worth in the last year then ...

Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Shredder11 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Anyone interested in buying a blank DD floppy disk for £10 from me?..........

.....OUCH!...OUCHHH!!!!.....STOP HITTING ME PLEEEASE!!!!....OK...HOW ABOUT 10p THEN!??!! :o :mrgreen:

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:24 pm

techie_alison wrote:ATARI ST MOUSE, IN USED BUT GOOD CONDITION, SLIGHT YELLOWING /A BIT DIRTY
£20 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-ATARI-ST- ... 240%3A1318

The ridiculous nature of this 'offer' is that you can often pick up an Atari ST (including VINTAGE ATARI MOUSE) for the same price :x
tá'n poc ar buile!

Chandler
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Chandler » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:01 am

slightly yellow / a bit dirty!

i mean you'd think they'd clean it up for £20 wouldn't you?!

spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Postby spiny » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:58 am

Chandler wrote:slightly yellow / a bit dirty!

i mean you'd think they'd clean it up for £20 wouldn't you?!

heh :D

Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Shredder11 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:10 pm

Yes I really get very angry when people send dirty, smelly goods to me from Ebay, because I send clean goods from a clean house no matter what the price. It's a matter of principle, self respect and respect for others. Having to clean manky goods before you can even use them can be an unpleasant experience, i.e. make you feel physically sick, and yet the people who receive from me have nothing to do when it arrives, except enjoy that is! :megaphone: :x :(

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Worse for me are the chain-smokers ... some shockingly smelly stuff has been purchased in the past. A nice parcel turns up, you open it and the box stinks of cigarettes, as do every one of the games I'll have bought. Knocks me sick for a while too.
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

DarthWhippet
Atariator
Atariator

Postby DarthWhippet » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:03 pm

muguk wrote:Worse for me are the chain-smokers ... some shockingly smelly stuff has been purchased in the past. A nice parcel turns up, you open it and the box stinks of cigarettes, as do every one of the games I'll have bought. Knocks me sick for a while too.

I had a similar experience a while back where the item ( C64 ) was tacky with nicotine i could smell it before i opened the box. Took me ages to clean the case and keys but it still stank from the PCB...
I always give anything i put up on Ebay a clean beforehand, just doesn't seem right to send someone icky kit.
Atari 800XL Ultimate 1MB, Stereo POKEY, SIO2PC-USB
Atari 65XE ( 128KB ), SIO2SD, XC12

techie_alison
Administrator
Administrator

Postby techie_alison » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:17 pm

And people joke about me cleaning all of my stuff in the bath with bleach... :cheers:

I do have an admission though.. I received one ST that was so bad, and so utterly disgusting, that I threw it in the bin. That's the only one I've ever done it to. It was rank! It was yellow, smokey, and filthy.
If I don't answer or appear to have forgotton then email again, I'm scatty! :)

http://www.logicsays.com/ = Updated Site
http://www.logicsays.com/index1 = Older Site (with more Atari)

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:07 pm

Shredder11 wrote:It's a matter of principle, self respect and respect for others. Having to clean manky goods before you can even use them can be an unpleasant experience, i.e. make you feel physically sick, and yet the people who receive from me have nothing to do when it arrives, except enjoy that is! :megaphone: :x :(

Yep - it's amazing how many people refuse to even wipe something down for 20 seconds with a damp cloth. When I got my second last STe, I took off every key and soaked it in dishsoapy water, along with most of the case, to get the grime and smoke stink off. Me and my gf spent 3 or 4 hours trying to get that smell out... cigarette smoke is an abomination :evil:
I think it's the same mentality exhibited when people use a public toilet and leave without washing their hands - like those few seconds aren't even worth wasting (about a third of men using the postgrad floor bathroom in my uni). Even more blatantly disrespectful are the people who take a dump and leave without even flushing, like that's not worth their time either. What the hell....?? Yellow_Colorz_PDT_29 Yellow_Hot_Colorz_PDT_47
tá'n poc ar buile!

DarthWhippet
Atariator
Atariator

Postby DarthWhippet » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:46 am

Desty wrote:
Shredder11 wrote:It's a matter of principle, self respect and respect for others. Having to clean manky goods before you can even use them can be an unpleasant experience, i.e. make you feel physically sick, and yet the people who receive from me have nothing to do when it arrives, except enjoy that is! :megaphone: :x :(

Yep - it's amazing how many people refuse to even wipe something down for 20 seconds with a damp cloth. When I got my second last STe, I took off every key and soaked it in dishsoapy water, along with most of the case, to get the grime and smoke stink off. Me and my gf spent 3 or 4 hours trying to get that smell out... cigarette smoke is an abomination :evil:
I think it's the same mentality exhibited when people use a public toilet and leave without washing their hands - like those few seconds aren't even worth wasting (about a third of men using the postgrad floor bathroom in my uni). Even more blatantly disrespectful are the people who take a dump and leave without even flushing, like that's not worth their time either. What the hell....?? Yellow_Colorz_PDT_29 Yellow_Hot_Colorz_PDT_47

Sound like where i used to work....
The state of the mens toilets was appaling makes you wonder what peoples homes are like..... :evil:
Atari 800XL Ultimate 1MB, Stereo POKEY, SIO2PC-USB
Atari 65XE ( 128KB ), SIO2SD, XC12

Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Shredder11 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:26 pm

Their homes are exactly as you would imagine......sticky, stained, smelly, grubby, filthy and also they have kitchen and bathrooms that are a hazard to health. Strange really because being clean and keeping a house clean is not that hard. I mean a simple bar of Pears Original can be universally applied to many household tasks (it's better than those chemical overdosed products believe me), and what does a bar of soap cost? Barely anything! Also by simply washing your hands before and after everything you do, I find that most things keep themselves clean like computers for example. If you have clean hands there is nothing sticky or grubby being transfered to the keyboard or mouse etc. I play guitar and a new pair of strings will stay clean by themselves for months, whereas a friend I used to know would pick my guitar up and in minutes it had thick black muck stuck to the brand new strings, you could literally scrape it off. The strings sounded dead and lifeless and all because he never washed his hands!

To top it all every household in our area has been posted a leaflet from the NHS, warning and advising us all to wash our hands! I think England has a lot to be ashamed of... :(

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”