WTB: Atari STe cardboard box

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here. Please use the sub forum if you are posting links to items you've found on ebay.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

WTB: Atari STe cardboard box

Postby alexh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:21 pm

Preferably with Polystyrene inserts.

I know that posting here is probably the wrong place as you all want to keep your boxes but I thought it worth a punt!

Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: WTB: Atari STe cardboard box

Postby Shredder11 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:37 pm

I feel bad now....because the last STe box I had was from an Ebay 4160 STe that I bought last September. I nearly always keep boxes too but I was short of space, and the women folk were up in arms over a smelly old box being in the house. The box actually said 520 STe so maybe that was no good for you anyway.

coze
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby coze » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:28 pm

LOL I have my STe box clutterign precious space in my apartment and I'm barely keeping myself from throwing away. I could give it but only thing is I'm in Japan :oops:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11631&start=150#p132124

alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby alexh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:38 pm

@Shredder11
D'OH!

FYI: Anyone who has a box in their Attic and is thinking of letting me have it (or sell it) it doesn't matter what it says on the box (520 or 1024) as long as it says STe.

@Coze

If no-one in the UK or EU can get me one soon then I may take you up on it. How much would it cost to put it inside another box and ship to the UK? Maybe we can arrange a trade... I'm sure I've got some junk you'd like :)

IndyJones1023
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby IndyJones1023 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:56 pm

I just checked, mine is just a 1040, no STe. Sorry. :(

techie_alison
Administrator
Administrator

Postby techie_alison » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:23 pm

Shredder11 wrote: and the women folk were up in arms over a smelly old box being in the house.

Tell them No more shoes and They'll have to use a public toilet!!

On the STE question though. I'm actually not sure, I think I *may* have one somewhere, I'll have to look.
If I don't answer or appear to have forgotton then email again, I'm scatty! :)

http://www.logicsays.com/ = Updated Site
http://www.logicsays.com/index1 = Older Site (with more Atari)

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:48 pm

I might have one to spare:

atari-ste-box.jpg

Sorry Alexh, couldn't resist a cheap laugh :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tá'n poc ar buile!

alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby alexh » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:02 pm

WTD : Original Atari STe carboard Box

DarthWhippet
Atariator
Atariator

Postby DarthWhippet » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:43 am

I have some boxes i think i have a 520STe with Poly's only thing is i've just come out of hospital and i'm not allowed to go climbing through the loft just yet. How soon you want one?
Atari 800XL Ultimate 1MB, Stereo POKEY, SIO2PC-USB
Atari 65XE ( 128KB ), SIO2SD, XC12

alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby alexh » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:17 am

No rush. If you have one in reasonable condition, let me know what you want for it and how much the postage will be and we can arrange something for sometime this decade?

Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Shredder11 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:28 am

techie_alison wrote:
Shredder11 wrote: and the women folk were up in arms over a smelly old box being in the house.

Tell them No more shoes and They'll have to use a public toilet!!

It's a tight ship in our house, i.e. no shoes to be worn and god forbid anyone who steps on the doormat in their socks after taking shoes off! Add to this no sitting on furniture in dirty clothes. No smoking and errr..the list just goes on and on and on and...

Desty
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Desty » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:53 am

Shredder11 wrote:It's a tight ship in our house, i.e. no shoes to be worn and god forbid anyone who steps on the doormat in their socks after taking shoes off! Add to this no sitting on furniture in dirty clothes. No smoking and errr..the list just goes on and on and on and...

We usually wear slippers round the house, a comfortable habit I've picked up from my sometimes-excessively-neat gf... but I don't forbid people from coming in with shoes, nor make a point about transferring invisible dirt from the doormat :D Otherwise it could get a bit like that English family on some TV documentary where the father mandated that anyone who took a poo must immediately take a shower. Yellow_Colorz_PDT_09
But I wouldn't allow anyone to smoke here either, even if I didn't have a young child in the house (brought her and her cousin to a local playground earlier, where a couple were smoking while they pushed one baby in a buggy and another on a swing - disgusting and disrespectful IMO). In fact I almost got in a fight with a guy when I told him not to light up on the bus on Tuesday (the usual sheep on the bus either don't mind smelling like him or were in a coma, but it always pisses me off), which I half-expected from his passive-aggressive drawling and posturing to his two companions. :oops:
tá'n poc ar buile!

Shredder11
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Shredder11 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Desty wrote:We usually wear slippers round the house, a comfortable habit I've picked up from my sometimes-excessively-neat gf... but I don't forbid people from coming in with shoes, nor make a point about transferring invisible dirt from the doormat :D Otherwise it could get a bit like that English family on some TV documentary where the father mandated that anyone who took a poo must immediately take a shower. Yellow_Colorz_PDT_09

Yup we wear slippers quite often too, although if we allowed others to keep their shoes on the carpets would be black in no time. The dirt sure ain't invisible as I have seen what happens after one person has been, when we clean up afterwards. Also we once had someone walk dog mess around the whole house... When you think of what is outside that people walk over, i.e. dog mess, spit, urine, vomit, chewing gum...it makes you very careful. There are times when you need to walk barefoot through the house and I would not do that if people had worn shoes.

I'm probably gonna start a riot by saying this but some of the filthiest homes are occupied by dog owners. Dogs are naturally smelly, dirty animals with gross habits, so it stands to reason that having them roam around your home is going to make it 'hacky' and unhygienic. Oh and guess where many people place the dog? Yes that is right....in the kitchen! A place where hygiene is of paramount importance! No wonder we are known are a dirty race around the world! :roll:

Okay that is enough ranting by me for one day! :mrgreen: :cheers:

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:02 pm

Speaking of boxes (and sorry I don't have one for you Alex), anyone see the guy
selling an original Falcon box on Ebay?

Wanted something like $79 for it, dunno if its still listed or not... :)
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby alexh » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:35 pm

$79? Pah I'd swap my preserved grilled cheese sandwich with a burn mark in the shape of Elmo from Sesame Street for an Atari STe cardboard box!

Or £10(ish) plus postage if you're not a toastie connoisseur.

DarthWhippet
Atariator
Atariator

Postby DarthWhippet » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:14 pm

This any good? PM me...

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”