Anyone want any menu disks?

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here. Please use the sub forum if you are posting links to items you've found on ebay.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby christos » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:43 pm

muguk wrote:Shouldn't you be out helping to fight the fires in your country instead of trying to start (yet another) one in here?

Hmmm, most unfortunate comment, especially coming from a moderator.

bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby bullis1 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:51 pm

Why couldn't we have all just taken Wiliers' free menu disks, so none of this insanity would have happened!?!?

Why God, why? [smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_02.gif]

WiLlErS
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby WiLlErS » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:05 pm

all i can say is unlucky ducky d-bug :lol:

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:00 pm

I'll take the comments off when the person from Greece (oops! did I mention the country they're from directly) stops making stupid posts as "WiLlErS_SUPERFAN". As if we can't work out from the poster's IP address and compare it to others on similar Atari sites.

If you've got a beef with me and/or the people who run this forum then take it up with them directly .. I'm sure the emails will end up on another site soon afterwards .... I've given up with trying to be nice to people and sit on the fence when the attackers are just being childish.

I'm sure there are some jokes to go with the flooding comment above but I can't think of any right now. All I can think about is one related to Bullseye and previous winners finding a use for the speedboat but I'm sure there's some better ones out there.

I'm out tonight for a pub quiz, so I expect some more childish remarks when I get back. Unless, that is, *I* get in trouble with the other moderators for feeding the troll? :)
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby RetroGamerUK » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:15 pm

That's the second time I didn't quite "get it" in this thread :)
I had assumed when the joke about the fires was made that is was related to Australia which has had pretty bad bush fires over the last few years..
I wasn't aware of any big fires in Greece, bad news indeed, but a good joke now I get it :lol:
It's about time the gloves came off Mike [smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_12.gif]

Lautreamont
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby Lautreamont » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:03 pm

Greece?
The guy who sends fireball ships is back.

Hail Canaris!

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mug UK » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:57 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_Kanaris for those who don't understand Lautremont's comment :)

Gloves are off then, or not ..

[start of rant]

I'm afraid that, as with previous flaming wars on here, it'll get spun and PR'd to the max by those affected as being some kind of attack by Atari Legend (oh, sorry, this is Atari Forum .. I was almost thinking like those others who think we're one and the same!) and I'm sure emails / posts will be read, interpreted, twisted and turned so everything looks to be an attack on those who spent most of their time here attacking (en masse at times) others on this forum. But of course, those who normally attack, when the treatment is reversed on them, suddenly cry out that all manner of unfair treatment has been dumped on them etc. etc. etc.

I can only apologise to those moderators who turn up in #atariscne and get mobbed by people (and indeed banned from certain other channels) because they've been tarred by the "Atari Forum = Atari Legend" brush. You didn't deserve this at all.

I won't forget that I was called a "****" three times by one person - I didn't deserve that once but as that person was in the middle of spitting his dummy out, I'll let it go. Turn the other cheek is something others could do with learning themselves.

And, in another chat on the same IRC channel another member of that same "group" (or their fanboys) called Brume the same thing - allegedly. I won't know for sure until I get the transcript. And naturally will pass onto Brume.

It's amazing how immature some people can be - so many years of celebrating our fun for all things Atari somehow turns into a quagmire of attacks but some people then claim it's allowed as it's all contained under "English Humour". As I've used it in the posts above, the same humour is therefore allowed in "scene slaggings" as a defence. Albeit with some internal knowledge of the IP address of the person trying to start another attack. I personally don't know which member of this forum is the current attacker other than they share a similar IP address to someone else in Greece. We've got soooo many Greek Atari users - it'll be hard to work out :)

We can discuss "English Humour" until we're blue in the face but certain people will always spin their side of an argument it to their own advantage and claim they've been wronged. That's why (in the UK) the Tories were kicked out and I daresay Labour will probably lose the next election. The same will (probably) happen in the USA next year. Too much one-sided spin.

As world events goes, and I believe I said something similar the last time there was a big fall out and people left the forum because it wasn't "scene" enough - people are starving in Africa, the world is being made to turn one form of thinking against another and many other catostrophic occurences..... and we're arguing over a few people being banned from a forum (of which there are others - including their own) they can go to because the majority of us took offence at their attacks disguised as "defending their name". The whole thing is, in one word: PATHETIC!

Those who support those who were banned (please note, past tense was used) have my permission to copy & paste this to their friends.

Ho hum .. as always, my PM is open and it's not as if I don't hide my email/MSN/Yahoo address on this forum. But the same rules apply to those who contact me... expect every email/PM etc. to be logged and stored for future use.

I occasionally pop into #atariscne too but maybe after this post I'll probably get banned too :) However, even though this is my personal view on the past 2-3 weeks worth of events, I daresay this will run and run etc.

I could even lock this thread and prevent others from replying but then I'd only get accused of being in a police state (as per another transcript from #atariscne) - which was amazing as the person making that statement sure has changed in the last 15+ years that I've known him! Especially considering the paper he reads :)

No names, no pack drill but certain people will recognise themselves in this "article".

SO TO END THIS MISSIVE, GROW UP PEOPLE! WE ALL LIKE THE SAME MACHINE AND WE STILL USE 20 YEAR OLD TECHNOLOGY FOR FUN!

LEAVE THE PLAYGROUND FIGHTS IN THE PLAYGROUND AND LET THE PEOPLE HERE ASK QUESTIONS AND FIND SOLUTIONS. WE MIGHT NOT AGREE WITH THE ANSWERS BUT THAT'S WHY NOT EVERYONE ON HERE KNOWS ALL THE ANSWERS.

[/end of rant]
My main site: http://www.mug-uk.co.uk - slowly digging up the bits from my past (and re-working a few): Atari ST, Sega 8-bit (game hacks) and NDS (Music ripping guide).

I develop a free Word (for Windows) add-in that's available for Word 2007 upwards. It's a fix-it toolbox that will allow power Word users to fix document errors. You can find it at: http://www.mikestoolbox.co.uk

PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby PaulB » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:33 pm

I think it's a case of one side will never agree with the other and vice versa. The simple solution is for those that don't agree with Atari Forum/Legend to frequent somewhere else and stop coming here. If they stay in their place and we stay in ours then the arguments end. Not a perfect solution as they seem to like coming back here to cause trouble.

Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Postby Marcer » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:22 am

Well about this AL / AF thing... Some are Retards and Cant understand ATARI LEGEND and ATARI-FORUM isnt THE FAKKIN SAME THING!!!!!

ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

if you dig Atari Legend goto the AL site!!

Otherwise I should be moderator here aswell, But I'm NOT! So those who will continue this conclusion its the same.. THEN make me Moderator and I will fakkin ban everybody who continue to claim that poo!! :P

// Marcer
- Atari ST/FM/E - Mega sTe - Portfolio - Falcon 030 FX 3 in 1 -- Atari 7800/Lynx/Jaguar -
- FTP... Ask for info
- Atari Legend (Games all-a-round)
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_

Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Postby Marcer » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:55 am

Well, i may say I sound a bit HARD in my previous mail. But if you guys can see the Irony in the whole " :P " then you may understand where I stand in this whole Matther.

I was a bit pissed this morning.. i think its quite common us Fathers between.. pff

// Marcer
- Atari ST/FM/E - Mega sTe - Portfolio - Falcon 030 FX 3 in 1 -- Atari 7800/Lynx/Jaguar -
- FTP... Ask for info
- Atari Legend (Games all-a-round)
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_

Maartau
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Maartau » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:47 pm

PaulB wrote:I think it's a case of one side will never agree with the other and vice versa. The simple solution is for those that don't agree with Atari Forum/Legend to frequent somewhere else and stop coming here. If they stay in their place and we stay in ours then the arguments end. Not a perfect solution as they seem to like coming back here to cause trouble.

:megaphone: :cheers:

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”