Adap soundrack for sale *not mine!!! *

Do you need some hardware and/or software? Do you want to clear out the attic? Post your classified ads here.

Moderators: Mug UK, Adrenalin, Moderator Team

Foxxy74
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Adap soundrack for sale *not mine!!! *

Postby Foxxy74 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:43 am

For those with loads of cash :

Adap Soundrack (Hybrid Arts) zeldzaam!! (Atari)
€ 1.500,00
http://link.marktplaats.nl/m1313613967? ... ialbuttons

I accidently came across this add. I am not in any way related to the vendor /seller, Just know these are hard to find, and perhaps somebody here is Just looking for it.

I have no interest (or money) in it. I even dont really know what it does (compared to my Ensoniq ASR 10 rack sampler)

So basically Just because it is available, the Link!

More info is however appreciated

Kind regards
Atari 260 ST (rainbow TOS) Atari Falcon 030 14 MB 32GB HDD ,Plextor 716A CD/DVD ,Atari 1040 STE (4MB) C-Lab Mk-X CT 060 Atari Mega STe Soundpool Adat... too much :D

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Adap soundrack for sale *not mine!!! *

Postby Atarieterno » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:02 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:10 am

HYBRID ARTS' ADAP COMPUTER SAMPLING SYSTEM, by Gerardo Greco,

Just when professional sampling keyboards with 12-bit resolution had managed to lower their price under the 3000 Dollars tag, a pro sampling system with 16-bit linear resolution showing the same price should be a big step forward. Hybrid Arts ADAP (Analog/Digital, Audio Processor) is a hardware/ software system for the ATARI ST that provides 16-bit stereo (in/out) sampling for music, video and broadcast professionals; physically it's a
rack (1U) with only a power on/off switch and, on the back panel, four jacks for stereo in/out and a cable for connection via a cartridge to the ST. Its main point is that it is software driven, so the following specs are upgradeable with time.

It allows samplig rates of 44KHz, 22KHz, 11KHz and 48KHz in mono and stereo, between 80 seconds of lenght at 11KHz in mono and 10 seconds at 44KHz in stereo with a 1040 ST; it's fully MIDI compatible (uses ST own MIDI sockets) down to the latest MIDI specs like the new MIDI Digital Sample Dump Data Standard that allows the exchange of samples with other samplers despite of their different resolution (from 8 to 32-bit); it's polyphonic with variable number of voices, i.e. at 44KHz a 1040 ST based ADAP can play back with six voices polyphony while at 22KHz the voices double to twelve.

The ADAP can store up to 64 multi samples, sharing the total amount of time available in the chosen mode, that can be instantly played back via several MIDI controllers and keyboard splits at once; it has built in stereo digital effects that can affect the single sample, all software based and with spare empty "spaces" for new effects/ algorithms to be added in future (delay, echo, reverb, envelope following, etc.); with the digital oscilloscope included in software you can display the audio input on screen, but with 8-bit resolution only; being connected to an ST means, of course, that editing of samples (Cut, Copy, Paste, Mix, sophisticated Auto loop finder, Graph drawing of waves) is done at a high degree of graphic on-screen implementation.

Compatibility with Digidesign's Sound Designer (an incredible software for editing samples a' la Fairlight for Emulator II and Prophet 2000 sampling keyboards that runs on Mac only) files is also available for swapping files between the two systems.

An announced new hard disk buffer/interface will eventually allow samples lenghts to be measured in minutes rather than seconds.
Its suggested retail price is $ 1995 in the USA, which includes all hardware and software except the ATARI ST computer.

Hybrid Arts, Inc., 11920 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064, USA.

ADAP Soundrack (pantalla color).GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:25 am

On the audio side, we have Hybrid Arts cool hardware unit, ADAP SoundRack which can do a lot more than just sample in stereo! An advanced editor (akin to Sound Designer, it even uses the same file format) at one moment, it can be turned into an effects rack, a real time FFT analyzer, an oscilloscope, a SMPTE or MIDI trigger unit or a keyboard zone mapper with a click of the mouse! And, all at 16 bit, 44.1khz quality, with professional balanced ADCs and DACs. Sounds really, really good. The only thing missing is a resonant filter, but heck - this box was made in 1985! (Can you say Ensoniq Mirage?).

Later Hybrid Arts developed a hard drive recording system called ADAP II, and finally the "Digital Master" system D2D that included in a single unit the ADAPT II and several complementary devices. When the wonderful company Hybrid Arts closed its doors, there was a last echo-business called "Digital FX" that developed an expanded version of the Digital Master that called it DMEX-4.

ADAP Soundrack (Hybrid Arts) -.jpg

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atari74user » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:39 am

That's nice, way too much though, pity! Considering to part exchange it for an SP-1200, wow, then the seller does expect thousands for it, as SP-1200's are classic in the Roland TB-303 bracket of expensive. Nice though!
Atari Falcon 14mb, 68882, Dual 8gb CF, Steinberg FDI & Analog 8
Atari Jaguar, Rotary controller, Skunkboard & Cat Box
Atari 520STFM 4mb, TOS 2.06 switcher, OverScan, GigaFile, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, System Solutions MiniS HD, SyQuest drives, ICD Link II, PhatBoy MIDI Controller, Philip Rees 5M MIDI merge box, SoundPool MO4, Steinberg MIDEX, SMP II, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & Export expanders

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:42 am

Atari74user wrote:That's nice, way too much though, pity! Considering to part exchange it for an SP-1200, wow, then the seller does expect thousands for it, as SP-1200's are classic in the Roland TB-303 bracket of expensive. Nice though!

The seller does not know that one of the original engineers of Hybrid Arts has several units in his basement and can sell them at a fraction of the price he is asking, and he could also sign them! (It's pure Atari history and music).

Atari74user
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Atari74user » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:46 am

Atarieterno wrote:
Atari74user wrote:That's nice, way too much though, pity! Considering to part exchange it for an SP-1200, wow, then the seller does expect thousands for it, as SP-1200's are classic in the Roland TB-303 bracket of expensive. Nice though!

The seller does not know that one of the original engineers of Hybrid Arts has several units in his basement and can sell them at a fraction of the price he is asking, and he could also sign them! (It's pure Atari history and music).

True, yes indeed, I like that guy's ADAP history.
Atari Falcon 14mb, 68882, Dual 8gb CF, Steinberg FDI & Analog 8
Atari Jaguar, Rotary controller, Skunkboard & Cat Box
Atari 520STFM 4mb, TOS 2.06 switcher, OverScan, GigaFile, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, System Solutions MiniS HD, SyQuest drives, ICD Link II, PhatBoy MIDI Controller, Philip Rees 5M MIDI merge box, SoundPool MO4, Steinberg MIDEX, SMP II, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & Export expanders

Social Media

Return to “For sale / Wanted”