My wife does not understand me ...

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Schlampf
Atarian
Atarian

My wife does not understand me ...

Postby Schlampf » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:26 pm

...because of that, I'm here!

I havn´t found a "new members" section, so i am writing here

In my youth I had the "Aldi C64" (the bright version), Datasette and a 1541-II, and later with 14 an Atari STe.
The connection to these systems, I have never completely filed. I still have a stack of ASMs Magazines, where I occasionally scroll through it from time to time, and I often hear "Slay Radio" because I can not get the old songs out of my head.
Currently the retro fever is active again and I sink the one or other € in my hobby.

Currently I am the proud owner of:

- Atari STe, 4MB RAM, TOS 2.06, Gotek USB drive, Ultrasatan, Atari laser mouse (all self-installed)
- TheC64 mini, incl. Mini USB Bluetooth keyboard - As crowdfunding "Backer" I'm looking forward to the hopefully appearing larger version with a working keyboard
- a golden Competition Pro (annivarsary Edition)
- Tomy Cavman Console (handheldmuseum.com/Tomy/Caveman.htm)
- retro pie

I'm from Essen/Germany.

Greetings
Schlampf / Thomas

My Atari STe "Dream Edition":
http://astronomisch.blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Atari-STe-1040-Dream-Version-E.pdf
OFF Topic:
https://astronomisch.blog- my astronomy blog - have a look ... (German)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
http://astronomisch.blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Atari-STe-1040-Dream-Version-E.pdf

Greenious
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: My wife does not understand me ...

Postby Greenious » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:53 pm

Welcome to the forum Thomas!

I moved your post to a better suited forum.

Yes, wives need to be handled with care, they usually brighten up a little once they realise your retro collection actually increase in value.

I personally wasn't that impressed with the C64mini, a poor emulator stuck in a miniature copy of a C64 case, at twice the price you can pick up the real thing for.
Updated my guides as of june 28th, 2016. Check'em out and feedback!
viewtopic.php?t=5040

Schlampf
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Schlampf » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:07 pm

As a backer of the full size version (still to come), i got the mini for free. But i am quite satisfied with it. i take less space, easy to use, hdmi and enough room for my raspi now fitted next to the fpga board within the same case (Some hole needed to be drille)
Last edited by Schlampf on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

MagikGimp
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby MagikGimp » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:54 pm

Fantastic document; very professional!
I'd say, what you need next is a harddrive solution. And to get your son on board. He's one of those vierzehn Tage kinder is he? Apologies for my bit of Google Translate. Thankfully your German to English translation is a lot more accurate!...

P.S.: It's "backer". not "baker". That threw me for a short minute! What? He cooked his C64?!
Want to preserve all those old floppy disks? Then head on over to P. Putnik's Floppy Image page!

DoG
Atari User
Atari User

Postby DoG » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:39 pm

Nice. Appreciated the story.

Schlampf
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Schlampf » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Thx for the feedback. i wrote the story for myself basicly (why am i doing this), but then decided to make it a bit more for common use.

>I'd say, what you need next is a harddrive solution.
That is what the ultrasatan is ...

>He's one of those vierzehn Tage kinder is he
No, he is not (or i dont get your meaning) ;-)

Kind Regards!

MagikGimp

Postby MagikGimp » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:27 pm

Does the Satan work as a drive itself? I thought it just held disk images but I don't know much about it TBH.
My terrible translation was attempting to make up the German for "Fortnight kid", as in the uber-popular (modern) video game. Again, my apologies for doing that to your language! ;)
Want to preserve all those old floppy disks? Then head on over to P. Putnik's Floppy Image page!

DoG
Atari User
Atari User

Postby DoG » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:15 pm

MagikGimp wrote:Does the Satan work as a drive itself? I thought it just held disk images but I don't know much about it TBH...

Yes, Ultrasatan is a hard disk drive replacement. HxC or Gotek are (floppy) disk drive replacements units which uses disk images. HxC uses SD card and Gotek uses USB stick.

MagikGimp

Postby MagikGimp » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:58 pm

Good to know and very useful to have it all laid out. And with links; thank you! As an ST 'obsessive compulsive' I should know all this already of course... :oops:

Social Media

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”