Trolls in the Atari-Forum.

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Trolls in the Atari-Forum.

Postby Atarieterno » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:34 am

How many trolls do we have in the forum?
I find it very curious: messages of very few words and are not grouped in the same thread, occupying several threads.
All tend to appear on the same run ...
Eat-shits, I'm sure they're not Atari users!
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Re: Trolls in the Atari-Forum.

Postby charles » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:42 am

im a troll ...
but I use my "self-latching" for the benefit of my self and other atarians...

true trolls are -leeches-
...damn weirdos if you ask me .......

/|\ A T A R I /|\
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:47 am

I have not referred to you, but any confession like "alcoholics anonymous" is fine.
Greetings.

Atari forever.

MrPixel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MrPixel » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:56 am

a troll is defined as someone who posts nonsense for the sake of their own enjoyment. are you sure that you are not one

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:10 am

MrPixel wrote:a troll is defined as someone who posts nonsense for the sake of their own enjoyment. are you sure that you are not one

You mean beers and episodes of SpongeBob?
I enjoy sharing things about Atari and I am happy when another user can use them. I'm not a troll.

jury
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jury » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:54 am

It beats me how on a topic related forum ( what atari-forum is ) there can be a user which did not write a single post related to the forum topic, making 150 posts in 2 months and still trolling more. 2 more MrPixels here and most days posts would be offtopic. On AtariAge it was done qiuck and properly.

MrPixel wrote:a troll is defined as someone who posts nonsense for the sake of their own enjoyment. are you sure that you are not one

Man, get real. How many of your 150 posts are on the forum topic? Atarieterno's are 100% on the forum topic

MrPixel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby MrPixel » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:00 am

i am saddened at how things have turned out, truly. but i did post where appropriate.

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:05 am

There have been an influx of posts on the Off-topic forums lately. That is why we have them.

I can’t police people’s ratio of on-topic vs off-topic forum use, but also admit I find it frustrating to see the non-Atari forum being used so heavily for random purile posts.

It’s generating noise on the Recent Posts posts section and although not strictly against the forum rules, it’s a little inconsiderate to those who just want to see Atari content on here

To help ease this a bit, I’m reconfigured the chat forum so that it doesn’t show on the recent posts panel.

I’d also suggest that everyone ignores posts which do not interest them - even when the poster bumps it because they are not getting a reaction.
Mega"SST" 12, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:22 am

Lately there been a lot of posting on MISTER for non-Atari emulation. I just ignore them completely.
I don't see why people don't seems be able to ignore stuff that do not concern them.... else you make yourself busy.

I saw that beerfest and spongebob thread once in the beginning, could not comprehend what's it all about.
.... guess it was "no Atari word found... does not compute". :lol:
I ignored them until now I saw this thread, I went to those thread and wrote my 2 cents worth, so that OP could understand the "culture" here.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

simonsunnyboy

Postby simonsunnyboy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:07 am

As long as it is not offensive and flaming it it is ok and what we have the Non-Atari section for.
Just ignore it if it doesn't interest you.

My first click is always to the FPGA section and click "mark as read" ;)
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby christos » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:40 pm

wongck wrote:Lately there been a lot of posting on MISTER for non-Atari emulation. I just ignore them completely.
I don't see why people don't seems be able to ignore stuff that do not concern them.... else you make yourself busy.

I saw that beerfest and spongebob thread once in the beginning, could not comprehend what's it all about.
I ignored them until now I saw this thread, I went to those thread and wrote my 2 cents worth, so that OP could understand the "culture" here.

I use the forum by seeing the active topics page. Is there a way for a user to remove subforums l from the feed?
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
My Atari blog

STOT Email address: stot(NoSPAM)atari(DOT)org

1024MAK
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby 1024MAK » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:36 pm

christos wrote:
wongck wrote:Lately there been a lot of posting on MISTER for non-Atari emulation. I just ignore them completely.

I use the forum by seeing the active topics page. Is there a way for a user to remove subforums l from the feed?

Not sure about that. But you can add members to your foes list, then the forum will not show their posts.

Mark
Last edited by 1024MAK on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (nearly forgot the Psion's)

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:32 pm

I also use the active topics. I don't filter by user.
I just look at the title and the "in <forum-name>" and open those of interest to me in another tab.
So skipping those in sub-forum MISTER is easy.
Then do a read all.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63/CTPCI+ATI+RTL8139+USB 512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI

Atarieterno
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atarieterno » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Jury, I appreciate your words, thank you very much.
I also appreciate the decision of the moderator to avoid that the off-topic subforum is the cover Atari-forum publications, I think it is the logical thing in the same way that an cars-forum can not always be presented by threads about pets.
I sincerely believe that there should be a priority for the original Atari machines, although we coexist with emulations and different hardware, it is the only thing that differentiates the Atari user generation that still invests time and money in preserving their machines, which still use them, that the collects, that shares experiences and questions ... If the off-topic and the emulations (including non-Atari machines) monopolize the forum: what would be the meaning of "Atari" ?, it would be another "Retro-forum", "FPGA- forum "or similar things.
I respect all the options, but I also consider that the Atari machines that will exist while our generation lives, deserve a greater respect; later FPGAs and emulations will have all the future.

Best regards and Atari forever.

IMG_20170829_200545.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Atarieterno on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:51 am

I agree with Atarieterno especially on the emulators part.
The only difference between the emulator threads and those posted in the Chat sub-forum is that those in the emulators keeps on going with replies and new threads even about Amiga emulation (WTF!!... sure I know some owns both but still this is an Atari forum). Those in the Chat section are in-general ignored.... so my thinking is that the poster will eventually gets it and move on. Just takes some time for the different poster to die a natural death. So I see no real threat.
But those in the emulators just gets more and more and more.

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DarkLord » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:04 pm

Agree with Wong. I find the MiST sections covering anything besides Atari to be...pointless (here).

Honestly, I don't really even give the Atari related MiST sections more than a passing glance (not
into emulation), although I can understand some people might.

I mean why, on an Atari website, should I care about game X running on core X that's nothing to do
with Atari? :)
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

1024MAK
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby 1024MAK » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:52 am

With FPGA type systems, they kind of fall into a big grey area. As they don't fully fit into any forum for 1980s or 1990s computers. But most were developed based on the core hardware of a real 1980s or 1990s computer.

A FPGA is not an emulator. The logic gates in the FPGA chip are just configured electronically at the power up of the chip. They are an evolution and development of EPROMs, SRAM and PAL/GAL programmable logic chips.

Remember, in the prototype Atari ST, Atari used lots and lots of glue logic chips to create the functions that were later provided by custom Atari chips. If Atari existed today, and were developing a ST computer system, rather than using lots and lots of glue logic chips, they would use FPGA chips. Then from the logic design data, they would produce custom Atari chips (assuming that they were intending to sell them as a mass market system).

Where they should fit in a computer forum, well in their own area, at least. Same as emulators should have their own area.

Beyond that, I don't know...

Mark
Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (nearly forgot the Psion's)

Social Media

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”