Something positive, for change

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Something positive, for change

Postby AtariZoll » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:36 pm

I got today 2 e-mails from You Tube,about new comments on my videos there:

" Miggy4Eva
Dungeon Master, one of the only decent games for ST, at least in its early life. Later on, far superior RPG's were released for the Amiga A500 such as Legends of Valour and Ambermoon. But Dungeon Master is a classic "
https://youtu.be/EO3qpaY1z4U

" Miggy4Eva
The only way to prove this is real and not fake is do an even better version on the A500, because we know it has superior hardware to ST "
https://youtu.be/urgixT_MPCU

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I quoted them here, because you will not see them at YT - in both cases, comments appeared for me as such, which await approval. This was first time that I seen comments not appearing direct on pages, but need approval of video uploader. And that's actually a good surprise. Google did something good, and gave option to remove idiotic comments - I guess they see plenty of it. Actually, first one was yet so-so, but second is really pure "mine is better, bigger ..." kind. Anyway, I trashed both. First is OT for sure.
I can't resist: something similar here ? Removing crap, off topic posts ... :D
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

User avatar
Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:23 am
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby Cyprian » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:51 pm

well known amiga fanboy from http://eab.abime.net/

I guess this is another dlfrsilver fake account.
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Aranym / Steem / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

Zarchos
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 7:38 pm
Location: FRANCE

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby Zarchos » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:13 pm

The same idiot I had to face on Gamopat, but there are a few others, even worse.
I am French and I can witness they really don't behave well.
The less they know, the less they behave themselves.
I won't tell you what I have received with my videos about the Archies ...
Atari 1040 STE+SATAN, 520ST, 800xl, xegs, Amiga 500, 2000 with 68020, Archimedes, RISC PCs + Iyonix, Omega, BBC B, Atom, Electron, ZX 81, Spectrum 48/128/+2/+3, Speccy2010, Russian clones, Sam Coupe, V6Z80P, QL with accelerators, Enterprise 128, Einstein inc 256, Oric Atmos, MSX 1, 2, Thomson MO5, Amstrads inc CPC+, C 16, 64, 128, VG5000, Apple IIGS and more ! Yes I want to create a museum when I retire.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby AtariZoll » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:42 pm

Cyprian wrote:well known amiga fanboy from http://eab.abime.net/

I guess this is another dlfrsilver fake account.


For me it looked rather as someone from Spain.
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

User avatar
Frank B
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:28 am
Location: Boston

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby Frank B » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:46 pm

AtariZoll wrote:
Cyprian wrote:well known amiga fanboy from http://eab.abime.net/

I guess this is another dlfrsilver fake account.


For me it looked rather as someone from Spain.


Whoever he is, he's an idiot and should be ignored. He's a fanboi and he has no technical understanding of the platform.

User avatar
Hazzardus
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:43 pm
Location: Hove Beach

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby Hazzardus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:55 pm

AtariZoll wrote:I got today 2 e-mails from You Tube,about new comments on my videos there...


Nice to still see there are a few idiots that still think it's 1992 lol.

I always used to say, Well... Jimmy White's Snooker, Stunt Car Racer, Both Midwinters, Hunter, Carrier and Battle Command, Interphase, Magic Fly, Simulcra etc, run faster than on the Amiga. (By like not even 10% lol, but that didn't matter). They are classic games.

Edit: I own an Amiga 1200 now, and love it. It sits in pride of place at the back behind my ST and my Mega STE :lol: :lol:

User avatar
thgill
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:10 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby thgill » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:18 pm

AtariZoll wrote:
I quoted them here, because you will not see them at YT - in both cases, comments appeared for me as such, which await approval. This was first time that I seen comments not appearing direct on pages, but need approval of video uploader. And that's actually a good surprise. Google did something good, and gave option to remove idiotic comments - I guess they see plenty of it. Actually, first one was yet so-so, but second is really pure "mine is better, bigger ..." kind. Anyway, I trashed both. First is OT for sure.
I can't resist: something similar here ? Removing crap, off topic posts ... :D


YouTube does this with comments that have URLs in them. I see it all the time on my YouTube channel.
Like retro computers, game consoles and other obsolete junk? Check out Todd's Nerd Cave on YouTube

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby AtariZoll » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:28 pm

thgill wrote:
YouTube does this with comments that have URLs in them. I see it all the time on my YouTube channel.

That was earlier, I remember that could not write such comment. But in last year I was able to put there links, and it appeared immediately, with link.
I don't know is it because my status is improved or general policy.
And those links were added by me, just to may see video for which (link less) comment was given :D
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

User avatar
EmpireAndrew
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:46 pm
Location: NYC, USA

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby EmpireAndrew » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:39 pm

When you consider both platforms were really done by about 1994 and had arguably been surpassed even in gaming by about 1992, that means someone is taking things far too seriously 25 years later.
And if they were only 10-15 years old at the time they're 35-40 now and thus *really* need to grow up and educate themselves.
Remember, they can vote!
1977 VCS Heavy Sixxer (Boxed)
1990 Atari 1040STE, 4MB, UltraSatan, TOS 2.06, TT Touch -> Atari SC1435 Colour CRT Monitor
1991 Atari TT030, 2/64MB, Int 8GB Gigafile SCSI2CF, TOS 3.06, CaTTamaran Accelerator -> Atari TTM195 19" Mono CRT Monitor
1993 Atari Falcon030, 14MB, Int 4GB IDE2SD, TOS 4.04 -> Atari PTC1426 Color CRT Monitor
Amiga, Mac, DOS, Newton, SGI, Sun, NeXTStation and more!

Atarieterno
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Spain

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby Atarieterno » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:39 pm

AtariZoll wrote:
Cyprian wrote:well known amiga fanboy from http://eab.abime.net/

I guess this is another dlfrsilver fake account.


For me it looked rather as someone from Spain.



Why in Spain ?, I know there is a group of Amiga-Taliban that are very unpleasant, but I would like on what basis your assumption (if that is not asking too much).

Atari forever.
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby AtariZoll » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:08 pm

Atarieterno wrote:Why in Spain ?, I know there is a group of Amiga-Taliban that are very unpleasant, but I would like on what basis your assumption (if that is not asking too much).
Atari forever.

No need to feel insulted. That has nothing against Spain, or Spanish people. I like the country, language, the spirit, It's just because nick and grammar.
"one of the only decent games" - surely not native English speaker.
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

Atarieterno
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Spain

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby Atarieterno » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:16 pm

Well, there are many countries that do not speak English.
A Spanish Amiga user already has enough condemnation for choosing the wrong machine, but I'm sure he would tell you his opinion sincerely, he does not need fake nicks or hide. That user is not Spanish.
Greetings.
José Antonio ("Atarieterno").
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

User avatar
christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2294
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby christos » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Yeah i ve received a few silly comments over the years. But most of my vids are falcon related and that macine makes them quieter i think.
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
My Atari blog

STOT Email address: stot(NoSPAM)atari(DOT)org

Atarieterno
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Spain

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby Atarieterno » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:41 pm

I do not like to play Sherlock Holmes, but a simple Google search provides basic information, at least the forums where he has participated, his date of entry, etc. English is the official language of Australia, but there are also other variants.
Prejudices are not good.

http://uploads.im/2VfGY.jpg
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby AtariZoll » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Atarieterno wrote:I do not like to play Sherlock Holmes, but a simple Google search provides basic information, at least the forums where he has participated, his date of entry, etc. English is the official language of Australia, but there are also other variants.
Prejudices are not good.
http://uploads.im/2VfGY.jpg

Well, that's your problem that you took all this too seriously. I just said that because nick and grammar. And it is obvious that it was just a wild guess. I don't care that much about all this that search after that poor guy or girl.
Do you realize that we just satanise him/her, just because is anti-Atarian ? That's much worse than some (alleged) ethnic prejudice. Maybe is good parent. good worker, just too proud with Amiga. It\s never good to go far with proudness (damn Firefox spell checker says that it is not correct, but it is).
I tell ya little secret: I don't like people here who talk about Atari as it is something perfect, best ever made and like. Nothing is such, nobody is such.
It just happened under circumstances that I got Atari, and I did some interesting things with it. Most funny is that there are still things with, which were never done. So, I go where no man gone before, that's the real fun, not judging people. Cheers :D
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

User avatar
wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian
Posts: 11976
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: Far East
Contact:

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby wongck » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:54 pm

My take is that with all these fake news stuff going around, G did mention that they are now looking into cleaning some of it off their platform.
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Atarieterno
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Spain

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby Atarieterno » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:59 pm

You're wrong, Peter.
My problem is that I only have one word, and when you wrote me a PM saying that I had to stop this situation by arguing (several days ago): I answered you sincerely and the situation stopped. My problem is that all people do not have one word.
But you still see enemies where there are none and you thought that that Amiga fanboy was me (hey, I think few people have dedicated a greater insult to me).
Please, you like to ask "cleaning" in Atariforum: take your own medicine and clean this post that only talks about your things, Youtube, Google and your desires to be a censor.
Please comment: Should we stop or do you want to play?

José Antonio (Atarieterno) - SPAIN -
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

User avatar
darklight
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 7:53 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby darklight » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:29 pm

AtariZoll wrote:...It's just because nick and grammar.
"one of the only decent games" - surely not native English speaker.


FWIW - that is a perfectly valid and commonly used English phrase :)
Storm Clouds over the Western Front - my WW1 2D dogfighting game for windows
2D Flight Sims - side scrolling aerial combat games

User avatar
Ragstaff
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby Ragstaff » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:40 pm

AtariZoll wrote:Do you realize that we just satanise him/her, just because is anti-Atarian ? That's much worse than some (alleged) ethnic prejudice. Maybe is good parent. good worker, just too proud with Amiga. It\s never good to go far with proudness (damn Firefox spell checker says that it is not correct, but it is).
I tell ya little secret: I don't like people here who talk about Atari as it is something perfect, best ever made and like. Nothing is such, nobody is such.
It just happened under circumstances that I got Atari, and I did some interesting things with it. Most funny is that there are still things with, which were never done. So, I go where no man gone before, that's the real fun, not judging people. Cheers :D

Firefox is correct as much as I hate to say! The word you want is "pride".
Good point you make though, I agree. We never know who people are in their real lives, we only see a small portion of them on the internet

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby AtariZoll » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:42 pm

Man, I even don't remember that you were that, with who had arguing in CPU thread (if it was there). I just got over it. You should do the same, because this is ridiculous, honestly (and now, you will be insulted again, I guess). No, I did not think that it was you, and as said, I forgot the whole thing.
Enemies is really strong word. In this case, you are own enemy, nobody else. Because making drama for no real reason. Just relax. This is retro computing, not WWII . It\s all in your head. I had here much worse arguing, but you really see insults where they are not made at all. And I finish here this line. Completely off topic. If that, what I already said is not enough for you, nothing will be. Ah,and I said what I like. So, please don't waste my time. There is a lot of things to do, and some people waiting on it.
Always going off topic here. Is it because heat that people is too sensitive ?
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby AtariZoll » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:48 pm

darklight wrote:
AtariZoll wrote:...It's just because nick and grammar.
"one of the only decent games" - surely not native English speaker.


FWIW - that is a perfectly valid and commonly used English phrase :)

Only ,,, and then not game but games ??? I thought that 'only' is for single, not multiple. OK, will not say more about how inconsistent World's most used - not in meaning that most people talks it (we know that more speak Spanish for instance), but in international communication is. Or I missing something ?
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby AtariZoll » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:58 pm

Ragstaff wrote:Firefox is correct as much as I hate to say! The word you want is "pride".
Good point you make though, I agree. We never know who people are in their real lives, we only see a small portion of them on the internet

Right. However, I looked for it quickly on Google, and 'prideness' appeared as choice, so I thought it is valid. Actually, it would be proud and pride :D
And there were cases when Firefox was really wrong. English is not easy case.
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.

User avatar
thgill
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:10 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby thgill » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 am

AtariZoll wrote:
thgill wrote:
YouTube does this with comments that have URLs in them. I see it all the time on my YouTube channel.

That was earlier, I remember that could not write such comment. But in last year I was able to put there links, and it appeared immediately, with link.
I don't know is it because my status is improved or general policy.
And those links were added by me, just to may see video for which (link less) comment was given :D



Well, of course if you post comments to your own video with URLs they will show up.

You can control if other users posted comments with URLs show up or go into the Hold for review.

If you go to Youtube, click on your channel and then click Video Manager. Click on Community on the left hand side and by default comments should be highlighted. Click on the Gear icon on the right hand side of the screen. From there you can control comment options included blocking all comments with URLs. Some spammy like comments with URLs automatically get flagged.
Like retro computers, game consoles and other obsolete junk? Check out Todd's Nerd Cave on YouTube

Atarieterno
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Spain

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby Atarieterno » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:03 am

Thank you for reminding me, it is an honor for me that an Atari genius remembers an insignificant user who only expressed an opinion, like you express yours in a public post.
This is the end of this, but it is clear that the ignorance of English language not mean that he is a Spaniard, as a good computer developer does not mean that he is a good person. Thank you for your valuable time and I give thanks to God because you are not a judge; Keep up with the computer, please.
Bye, Peter.

José Antonio.
ST/fm/e, STacy, Mega ST/e, TT, Falcon, C-Lab MKX... and more music tools.

AtariZoll
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Something positive, for change

Postby AtariZoll » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:21 am

thgill wrote:You can control if other users posted comments with URLs show up or go into the Hold for review.
If you go to Youtube, click on your channel and then click Video Manager. Click on Community on the left hand side and by default comments should be highlighted. Click on the Gear icon on the right hand side of the screen. From there you can control comment options included blocking all comments with URLs. Some spammy like comments with URLs automatically get flagged.

Thanx for explanation. I did not have problems with such type of spamming at YT. Yes, mentioned Dlfrsilver was one, who made some similar comments like that quoted one about video playback. Don't know where exactly, and all it deserves not big attention. If I can solve it quickly, it is good, if not - World will be not much worse than is already if some stupid comments remain there. Actually, little laughing is always healthy :lol:
Negative feedback has usually positive effect.


Social Media

     

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests