Jaguar XJ220 vs Lotus 2 (Amiga) - Which Is The Better Racer?

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Zeusdaz
Atari freak
Atari freak

Jaguar XJ220 vs Lotus 2 (Amiga) - Which Is The Better Racer?

Postby Zeusdaz » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi everyone and welcome to the June 2017 edition of "WHICH IS BEST?".
Last month I placed two versions of Marble Madness on the Megadrive against each other which was the Japanese Tengen version and the World EA version, I can announce the Tengen version stormed to the win with 24 votes compared to just 2 for the EA version.
It was the lowest vote count of the series by far making me think that I may just stick to the 8-bit and Amiga games which have shown to be far more popular in this series.
So, with that in mind I give you this edition to chew over, Jaguar XJ220 vs LOTUS 2 (Amiga), which to you is the better racing game out of the two, only your votes will determine that,...Happy voting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq7T7M0Nw4U&t=303s

dma
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: Jaguar XJ220 vs Lotus 2 (Amiga) - Which Is The Better Racer?

Postby dma » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:48 pm

XJ220 was really cool to me, mostly due to its great soundtrack by Martin Iveson (aka Nuke/Anarchy aka Atjazz), featuring many sweet groovy tunes. 8)
Lotus 2 title/menu dancey tune, was also cool though, and a real classic now. ;)

Both games were quite equivalent on the gfx side, with good car and scenery sprites, and great tracks and hazards graphic engines.

But on the gameplay side, Lotus 2 was much more playable, fun and smooth than XJ220.

So, Lotus 2 is the winner for me.

(and looking back on both these 90's UK sports cars, both still look cool irl ;) )

farvardin
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby farvardin » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:26 pm

I haven't played much Lotus 2. It looks better. But I love the mood of XJ220 (especially in the mist), and the thrash metal tune was really my favorite of all time!

Zeusdaz
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Zeusdaz » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:27 pm

LOTUS 2 WINS WITH 57 VOTES, JAGUAR GOT 14, even though Jag got thrashed, many of you feel it's still a great game, it's just that Lotus 2 was that little bit better.

Thanks to all taking part for this edition!

Social Media

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”