wanting to connect with other atari users in australia

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

blaylok
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

wanting to connect with other atari users in australia

Postby blaylok » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:50 am

Hey how goes? I sometimes feel like i am out on a limb using my atari here in queensland australia. All my other friends laugh at me for using an atari, little do they know the true power of the mighty ST. So.....are there any other crazy atarians out here in australia? If so, i would love to chat some time about atari's cos' it seems every time i bring them up around my mates someone always changes the subject.
I live on the sunshine coast qld, and i have about nine ataris:

1 x STF
4 x STFM's
1 x 520 STE
1 x 1040 STE
1 x Mega ST2
1 x Falcon 030

I also have two Ultrasatan's both work extremely well.

I bloody love my ataris :-)

later

Chris

Ragstaff
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Re: wanting to connect with other atari users in australia

Postby Ragstaff » Sun May 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Hello there Blaylok. There are a few of us Atarians left knocking around in Australia... even a few on this forum which mustn't have seen this post yet.

I'm in Melbourne now and there's actually a few of us who meet once a month for "MACE" (Melbourne Atari Computer Enthusiasts). We play a few games, look at a few demo's, that sort of thing.

I lived on the Gold Coast a few years ago, and there used to be a "QACE" (Queensland Atari Computer Enthusaists), but they stopped being in the early 2000's I think. My first ST came from one of the main guys at Qace, Will Visser.

If ever you're in Melbourne, look us up!

Tom

blaylok
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby blaylok » Tue May 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Hey Man, How Goes? Thanks for posting back. Yeah cool, so you still have a club in Melb. called MACE. Awesome. Will have to come down for a check it out some time. (Used to live in Melb. a couple of years back.)

Yeah not much up here in the way of Atari enthusiast club on the sunshine coast. Although i am trying. I do have one friend that i convinced to buy an ST.
What kinds of ST's have you guys been using down there?

Anyway, nice to meet you Tom. :cheers:

regards,

Chris

TeX38
Atari User
Atari User

Postby TeX38 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi blaylok

I live in Maryborough Qld, not too far from you.

How goes you?

Will be good to talk to fellow Aussies regarding the Atari, I have 2 , a non working 1040STFM
and a working 512STF from which I cannot get a colour picture.
It is a French machine with French TOS and so far I have only been able to get a mono hi-res
picture, with it being an 80's vintage machine I'm wondering if it might be SECAM.

I do not posses n Atari colour monitor so I'm not even sure if the colour is even working.

Recently I got my USB Floppy emulator working with the 512, goes well but limited by the Hi-Res
with what I can do with it, all part of the Atari joy I suppose.

kodak80
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby kodak80 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:51 am

TeX38 wrote:Hi blaylok

I live in Maryborough Qld, not too far from you.

How goes you?

Will be good to talk to fellow Aussies regarding the Atari, I have 2 , a non working 1040STFM
and a working 512STF from which I cannot get a colour picture.
It is a French machine with French TOS and so far I have only been able to get a mono hi-res
picture, with it being an 80's vintage machine I'm wondering if it might be SECAM.

I do not posses n Atari colour monitor so I'm not even sure if the colour is even working.

Recently I got my USB Floppy emulator working with the 512, goes well but limited by the Hi-Res
with what I can do with it, all part of the Atari joy I suppose.

Hi TeX38

Good to hear from another Atari fan in Queensland. There are a few of us here. Blaylok, Mikro, Gazak28 and I have been meeting monthly since late last year at Mikro's place to chat and play. At the last meetup we were joined by Christoph, so the group is growing. Would be good to see you there if you can make it. We have not yet arranged a date for the next meetup. If you PM one of us your email address we can include you when we arrange the next meetup date. Mikro may be also able to help with a colour monitor to test your 512STF.
Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards
Admin of Atari ST Review Magazine Archive: http://www.ataristreview.com

mzry
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mzry » Wed May 10, 2017 8:12 am

I think I'm the only Adelaide Atarian :(

mikro
Atari God
Atari God

Postby mikro » Wed May 10, 2017 10:24 am

mzry wrote:I think I'm the only Adelaide Atarian :(

Actually I'm seeing a lot of Atari gear on eBay coming from SA plus you've got your retro group (https://www.facebook.com/adelaideretrocomputing) which I'm pretty sure you know about, much better than here in QLD! :)

TeX38, yep, feel free to pay us a visit, as Rob says, just PM me your email address and you'll be in the loop. Btw it's funny how blaylok had started this thread and how he's one of the least active visitors at the meetups. :D

Atari030
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Atari030 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Melbourne has a few of us still kicking around. Ragstaff still gets to meets, me, not so much. They are a good bunch of guys, if you are ever over this way, mzry.

blaylok
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby blaylok » Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Btw it's funny how blaylok had started this thread and how he's one of the least active visitors at the meetups. :D

Yeah right mikro ;-)

darklight
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby darklight » Thu May 11, 2017 12:22 am

Hey I'd like to say Hi - I'm no longer an Atari user, but I was a fanatic at one point. My interests were mainly in games & STOS programming. Someone from Australia and this forum has tried to make contact with me before, but I think I may have been very rude & forgotten / never replied. Sorry if it was you. I still fire up Steem from time to time, and one day I'll do some YouTube videos on some of my favourite games (flight sims probably).
Storm Clouds over the Western Front - my WW1 2D dogfighting game for windows
2D Flight Sims - side scrolling aerial combat games

TeX38
Atari User
Atari User

Postby TeX38 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:24 am

Hi TeX38

Good to hear from another Atari fan in Queensland. There are a few of us here. Blaylok, Mikro, Gazak28 and I have been meeting monthly since late last year at Mikro's place to chat and play. At the last meetup we were joined by Christoph, so the group is growing. Would be good to see you there if you can make it. We have not yet arranged a date for the next meetup. If you PM one of us your email address we can include you when we arrange the next meetup date. Mikro may be also able to help with a colour monitor to test your 512STF.[/quote]

I can see all the RGB waveforms on my Oscilloscope, I have tried making a modulator for it, even purchased a GBS 8200/8220 CGA-EGA-YUV to VGA Converter board from ebay which gave me the colour picture but VERY unsycronised.

Starting to think it maybe SECAM,..

Social Media

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”