GP32

No topic. Everything you want to speak about. Please just stay courteous.

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

GP32

Postby Brume » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:48 pm

Hey all :)

I'd like to buy a small console in the next weeks. I'm thinking about GP32 or GBA, dunno which one is the better choice. Looks like GP32 has many emulators (even the Atari ST is emulated with the help of Castaway/GP). But well, I don't want to buy an out-of-date console, specially because I know how hard & expensive it is to buy games "nomore-spread"...

Is there some GP32 around here? Or GBA owners? I'd like to know what do you think about your console, and if you have some good fighting games on it. Or shoot'em up games, or puzzle games, and so on...
Does Castaway work fine on GP32?
Thanks,

Brume.

ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Postby ST Graveyard » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:36 pm

I would go for the Atari Lynx!!

:wink:

Maarten
We are Atari Legend.

Visit us at : http://www.atarilegend.com

Youtube
Facebook
Twitter

Sister site :
Stonish.net

WayneKerr
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby WayneKerr » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:34 pm

I have both GP32 and GBA since day 1 of both (waste of money :) ), and basically GP32 is better h/w, but no games (the few that are made, are truly awful), the GBA is technically weaker but the GBA-SP screen has fixed the big problem with the original GBA (horrible screen that you can't see without a flashlight), and it has much better games.

Since it's you Brume, there are also more demos and coding activities on GBA than GP32, which I guess matters more to you than games :)

Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Postby Brume » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:47 pm

- WayneKerr: ok, thanks for the advice ;)
I still have a dummy question: is it difficult to transfert demos on GBA cartridges? I guess it's easy to do it on GP32 since it uses SmartMedia Card, but I have no idea about GBA.

- Maarten Martens: is there a good ducky game on Lynx? That could explain why you love so much this console :p

Akira
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby Akira » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:29 pm

Brume wrote:- WayneKerr: ok, thanks for the advice ;)
I still have a dummy question: is it difficult to transfert demos on GBA cartridges? I guess it's easy to do it on GP32 since it uses SmartMedia Card, but I have no idea about GBA.

The hardware needed to transfer files from a PC is quite expensive, I guess in teh end the best "value for money" would be a GP32.

I own a GBA (day one to, I need an SP :P) and am planning to get a GP32, because of its many emulators and extra features (modplayer :D:D:D)

[ProToS]

Postby [ProToS] » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:43 am

for me GP32 have more interest than GBA ( I don't have any of them )
SeeU
[ProToS]/Facebook

Pink/RG

Postby Pink/RG » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:23 pm

i have a gp32, quite a cool little machine.

like wayne says, the native gp32 games are terrible - if you are just after games then go for a gba.

the thing that makes the gp32 interesting is the emulators - i got it mainly for the the st emulator castaway so i could play st games in my hand :)

unfortunately castaway is quite far from the compatibility level of steem (i couldn't get any of the RG games to run on it, though our 'hallucinations' demo worked ok)

Social Media

Return to “Chat forum [ENG]”